« The Shadowy World of Assisted Suicide |
| The Media Still Gets it Wrong »
August 29, 2009
The Passing of Rober Schindler
We received the sad news that Bob Schindler, father of Terri Schiavo, passed away early this morning:
The family of Robert Schindler, Sr. releases the following statement:
Robert S. Schindler, Sr., of Gulfport, Florida, father of the late Terri Schindler Schiavo, passed away August 29, 2009 from heart failure at Northside Hospital in St. Petersburg, Florida.
Robert fought valiantly to save the life of his brain- injured daughter Terri in the landmark right to life case that culminated in her imposed death by court-ordered starvation and thirst on March 31, 2005. After Terri's death, along with his wife Mary, daughter Suzanne (Schindler) Vitadamo and son Bobby Schindler, he founded the Terri Schindler Schiavo Foundation in St. Petersburg dedicated to supporting other families faced with the same need to fight for the rights of their disabled or otherwise vulnerable loved ones.
Robert was born in Philadelphia on October 23, 1937 and was 71 years of age. Proceeded in death by his daughter Theresa Schindler. He is survived by his wife Mary, daughter Suzanne Vitadamo (Michael), son Bobby Schindler and granddaughter Alexandra.
A Mass of Christian burial with visitation preceding will be scheduled to take place in Philadelphia, PA. Times and location will be announced at a later date.
Memorials may be made to the Terri Schindler Schiavo Foundation, 5562 Central Avenue, Suite 2, Saint Petersburg, FL 33707, phone (727) 490-7603.
We are quite thankful for the courageous stand Bob Schindler took against euthanasia on behalf of his daughter and the disabled. He did not seek the limelight or controversy but responded by virtue of his love for his daughter and understanding of truth and justice.
Join me in praying for his family as they grieve the loss of their father.
Jill Stanek and LifeNews have more.
Posted by tim at August 29, 2009 3:37 PM
Articles Related to Announcements
- Supporters of Baby Joseph head to Canada to support parental rights -
Mar 03, 2011
- The Terri Schiavo Life & Hope Network Joins Fight to Save Baby Joseph -
Feb 25, 2011
- The Terri Schiavo Life & Hope Concert -
Jan 23, 2010
- New Terri Schiavo Documentary -
Mar 15, 2009
- DOCUMENTARY OF THE TERRI SCHIAVO CASE EXPLORES IMPORTANT SOCIAL ISSUES OVERLOOKED BY THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA -
Mar 04, 2009
- Yes, they deserve it ... -
Jun 26, 2007
- Emilio Gonzales: A Message to our Readers -
Mar 21, 2007
- Terri Schindler Schiavo Foundation News Alert -
Mar 14, 2007
- Suzanne Vitadamo: Every Human Life Has Equal Moral Value -
Mar 14, 2007
- Bobby Schindler to Speak at Blogs4Life -
Jan 07, 2007
TrackBack URL for this entry: