« Attorney for Schiavo's family describes woman's last days |
| Michael Schiavo, The Lord Voldemort Of Politics »
August 26, 2006
To have and to hold
The St. Louis Post Dispatch published a wonderful article about a family who lovingly care for a severely disabled 6 year old boy.
"When Jeremiah was unhooked from life support machines six weeks after his birth, doctors at St. John's Mercy Medical Center feared that he would soon die. But Suzan and Sandy Cross, who would later serve as Jeremiah's foster parents, were not swayed."
"We told the hospital, 'Let us take him home, and we will hold him until he passes,' " Sandy Cross says. "And we've been holding him for five years."
" No one really understands what happened to Jeremiah's brain on Aug. 27, 2000, the day he was born..."
Doctors say he has a functioning brain stem, which controls his breathing and heart, but the rest of the
brain isn't there."
To Have and to Hold
Posted by Mary at August 26, 2006 9:00 PM
Articles Related to News
- Life Support Battle in NY -
Nov 10, 2008
- Arizona Case Parallels that of Terri Schiavo -
Jun 15, 2007
- March for Life Welcomes the Schindler Family (video) -
Jan 27, 2007
- More Disciplinary Proceedings -
Jan 14, 2007
- Update on Robert Schindler -
Jan 11, 2007
- March for Life Recap -
Jan 08, 2007
- Attorney for Terri Schiavo's Parents Still Speaks Up for Disabled People -
Dec 13, 2006
- British Doctors: let us kill disabled babies -
Nov 05, 2006
- Suzanne Vitadamo Tells About Family's Fight -
Oct 05, 2006
- Haleigh Poutre Making Progress -
Sep 05, 2006