« Florida voters: Don't forget Terri! |
| How long can the 'party of death' survive? »
August 29, 2006
Pro-Euthanasia Attorney to Head ABA's Special Bioethics Committee
Attorney also has ties to Planned Parenthood and the ACLU.
The American Bar Association's (ABA) Special Committee on Bioethics has a new head who is pro-abortion and pro-euthanasia. Chairwoman Estelle Rogers is the former executive director of the Death with Dignity National Center, a Washington-based organization dedicated to advancing assisted suicide.
Teresa Collett, a professor at the University of St. Thomas School of Law in Minnesota, told CitizenLink that Rogers has also been an ardent pro-abortion activist -- having held positions at the Planned Parenthood Federation of America, the Pro-Choice Public Education Project and the American Civil Liberties Union Reproductive Freedom Project.
"She has a definite perspective that is contrary to the culture of life," Collett said. "I would suggest she can't help but bring that viewpoint to the chairmanship."
Carrie Gordon Earll, senior analyst for bioethics at Focus on the Family Action, said the ABA's voice on key bioethics issues will be anti-life and anti-marriage under the thumb of Rogers.
Posted by Mary at August 29, 2006 2:45 PM
Articles Related to Announcements
- Supporters of Baby Joseph head to Canada to support parental rights -
Mar 03, 2011
- The Terri Schiavo Life & Hope Network Joins Fight to Save Baby Joseph -
Feb 25, 2011
- The Terri Schiavo Life & Hope Concert -
Jan 23, 2010
- The Passing of Rober Schindler -
Aug 29, 2009
- New Terri Schiavo Documentary -
Mar 15, 2009
- DOCUMENTARY OF THE TERRI SCHIAVO CASE EXPLORES IMPORTANT SOCIAL ISSUES OVERLOOKED BY THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA -
Mar 04, 2009
- Yes, they deserve it ... -
Jun 26, 2007
- Emilio Gonzales: A Message to our Readers -
Mar 21, 2007
- Terri Schindler Schiavo Foundation News Alert -
Mar 14, 2007
- Suzanne Vitadamo: Every Human Life Has Equal Moral Value -
Mar 14, 2007