« Americans Idle | Main | Terri Schindler Schiavo Foundation Launch set for March 30 »

March 21, 2006

Is Terri thanking Michael?

He thinks so:

March 21, 2006 -- Terri Schiavo's husband insists that, despite what her devastated family thinks, she is now "praising" him in heaven for pulling the plug on her one year ago.

"She's up there right now praising me . . . and saying thank you," Michael Schiavo asserts in his first TV sit-down since his tragic, once- comatose wife succumbed at a Florida hospital last March, sparking a national de bate on right-to-die is sues.

The husband - ap pearing on NBC's "Dateline" to hawk his new tell-all tome - ac knowledges that even his now-new wife, who he was dating at the height of the controversy, urged him to give in to Terri's desperate right-to-life family and keep her on hospital machines.

But Schiavo says he refused to do so because "I wasn't going to let anybody stand in my way.

"You know, my parents, they raised me to be a fighter. And I was doing something that Terri wanted," says Michael Schiavo, with his wife, Jodi, by his side.

"I guess when it all boiled down, I couldn't understand why these people were so passionate about my life . . . People are allowed to die every day. Feeding tubes are removed every day," Schiavo says in the interview set to air Sunday.

The emotionally charged battle between Schiavo and his devoutly Catholic in-laws raged in the courts for years, finally culminating in the husband being allowed to remove his stricken wife's feeding tube. She died weeks later.

Schiavo insisted that Terri had made it clear before she mysteriously collapsed into a coma in 1990 that she wanted to die if she ended up being artificially kept alive on machines.

But her family angrily disputed his claim, asserted that her coma might one day be reversed - and even suggested that Schiavo may have had a hand in Terri's collapse.

An autopsy later revealed no evidence of abuse before Terri fell into the coma and that she was in a persistent vegetative state when she died.

Asked why he stayed technically married to Terri even though he was openly living with Jodi before his wife died, Schiavo said, "Why [did] I have to divorce Terri?

"Terri wasn't like a football . . . an inanimate object you pass back and forth. She was my wife. You mean, because your wife gets sick, do you give her back?"

Adds Jodi Schiavo: "That is one of the qualities in him that I so admire. That up against everything, he stuck by her."

Source: NY Post, HT: North Country Gazette

Posted by tim at March 21, 2006 12:33 PM

Comments

I have a very difficult time reaching an understanding as to how anyone who claims to have felt so strongly about ending their life under certain circumstances fails to execute a living will and without such, a court proceeds in reaching a decision in the absence of the instrument meant specifically for that reason.

I have no difficulty in reaching an understanding that Michael Schiavo is an EVIL man, if one can call him a man at all. He has proven that he is nothing less than evil when after the courts granted him permission to end Terri's life, he continued his revenge by depriving Terri's family the convenience of visiting her grave by having her cremated and buried out of state. He already succeeded in ending her life but his evil soul would not allow him to stop there.

I recently learned that a dear friend of mine had established contact with Michael since Terri was cremated. Michael expressed deep regret and guilt for his decision, admitting that it was out of anger and revenge. Michael Schiavo will never live in peace! Michael Schiavo will never be able to separate himself from his evil soul and will for the rest of his miserable life have to struggle with the fact that his judgement day approaches closer and closer with every sunset. His present wife better make certain that all her paperwork is in meticulous order. I have no doubt that their marriage is one of extraordinary unilateral control.

May Terri rest in peace and yes, she is probably thanking him, for proving his evil intentions and knowing that Michael's soul haunts him every single day of his miserable life.

Posted by: Esther Davidson at March 21, 2006 4:09 PM

I AM A MOTHER OF A NOW 35 YEAR OLD SON WHO WAS IN AN ACCIDENT 6/19/2004. THE DR'S CLAIM HE IS IN A PERSISTANT VEGITATIVE STATE ALSO, I HAVE AS A MOTHER "NO RIGHTS" AS FOR HIS CARE NOR ANYTHING ELSE. THE HOSPITAL FORCED HIM TO BE PLACED IN A TOWN IN GA. THAT IS A 4 HOUR DRIVE 1 WAY FROM WHERE I LIVE . I SACREFICE EVERY SUNDAY TO GO TO VISIT HIM.THE WIFE HAS GONE ON WITH HER LIFE AS TERI'S HUSBAND DID, BUT NOW SHE WANTS TO PULL HIS FEEDING TUBE ALSO. WHAT CAN A PARENT DO IN THIS CASE SHE WONT GIVE HIM UP NOR BACK EVEN THOUGH THERE IS "NO" $$ HE HAD NO INSURANCE, HOSPITAL NOR LIFE NOR A LIVING WILL OTHER THAN VERBAL BEFORE THIS HAPPENED. PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHERE PEOPLE ARE COMING FROM. THE WIFE CLAIMS HE IS DAMAGED GOODS NOW ,SO SHE HAS GONE ON . I AM LOST WITHOUT MY "ONLY" CHILD-SON. ANYONE WITH KNOWLEDGE PLEASE EMAIL ME BACK @ LOISA53@ BELLSOUTH. I DONT WANT TO GO THROUGH THAT TERI'S PARENTS & FAMILY HAVE GONE THROUGH. ANYONE PLEASE SEND ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. TERI,I MISS YOU STILL,YOU GAVE ME HOPE AND GAVE COURAGE TO RODNEY. LOIS

Posted by: LOIS ROUSE at March 22, 2006 12:02 AM

Dear Lois - we've tried to contact you through the email provided but our messages to you bounce back. Please email us at blogsforterri@gmail.com

Posted by: tim at March 22, 2006 10:59 AM

Mike feels guilty? NO WAY, don't buy that one. LOOK at what he told Matt Lauer of NBC. He is clearly a sociopath that is gloating and says it in the interview, the book is about REVENGE to the Schindler family and those that fought to keep her alive.

I hope the POLICE and every authority is proud of their IN ACTION and protecting this murderer. What fools we have in Florida State.

Excerpts from the interview as advertised at the msnbc website follow:

On his book, “Terri: The Truth”

Matt Lauer, NBC News: I guess you could’ve written a book to honor Terri. After reading it, it’s not really the book you wrote. This is a book that in some ways settles some scores, doesn’t it?

Michael Schiavo: Oh yes it does.

Lauer: You did think about writing that a book that honored Terri?

Schiavo: Oh yes. Many times. I mean this book does honor Terri in a way. It sets her free. It tells the truth.

Posted by: SherlockRWBShoes at March 22, 2006 2:04 PM

Brings back memories of his sick little remarks on the tombstone...

Posted by: thedegu [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 26, 2006 11:52 PM

Again, in Matt Lauer's interview with Michael Schiavo, Michael made a reference to the way he picked Terri up and held her in his arms after he found her collapsed on the floor. The paramedic report said they found her half-way in the bathroom, half-way in the hall, with her head facing one way and her feet facing the other. Are we to believe that Michael dropped her in this position after he scooped her up and held her in his arms??? Why is no reporter questioning Michael about this??? It is my belief that he never touched her after she collapsed, but he felt the need to embellish his story to convince the world that he was a loving husband. His tears seemed forced to me in the Lauer interview. The guy is an actor . . . a very bad actor!

Posted by: Valerie at March 27, 2006 1:27 AM

COPY OF EMAIL TO DATELINE:

In regaurds to the Schaivo battle. I first learned of this case approximately 3 years ago. Paid close attention and researched the information. I felt terrible suspisious about Michael Schaivo in reviewing all the information. I watched your interview with Michael Schaivo. I now have to state my feelings have not changed, in fact I feel even stronger against his actions, motives, and possible guilt overall!

I am amazed that Mr. Schavio thinks this interview has cleared his past actions. In that interview I did not hear anything clearing strong very beleivable alligations from this stories long history. I saw an angry, bitter man still battling. I feel that battle is from within.

I predict this battle is not fover and this man will be found guilty of many those past allegations.

Sincerely,

Dateline Viewer

I also think you should be running a pole on this subject. I am interested to know other viewers reactions.

Posted by: tod at March 27, 2006 6:00 PM

Michael stopped helping Terri with her care the
minute he was handed over a million dollars for
her care.
He already had a mistress and had two children from her while he was still married to Terri--what do you think he was thinking? Money--get rid of Terri--new wife--new life.
Parents pleaded with Michael to hand Terri over
to them and they would care for her at their own
expense. He refused. I smell a rat!
This is undisputable proof he did not care for
her (his refusal to hand Terri over to her parents.)
He wanted her out of the way.
Terri's brother said on the news last nite(3/28/06)-Michael always looked out for Terri until he was handed the money.
From there on-he wanted her out of the way.
God can see thru the deepest corner of one's heart
and knows our true intentions.
He will have his day in the real courts of Justice
-Final Judgement.
Terri is in Heaven with the great Saints.
Michael is going to fry in Hell.

Posted by: G.Orona at March 29, 2006 1:33 PM