« Pro-Life Advocates Protest Conference With Terri Schiavo's Husband | Main | Schindlers to be Honored »

September 28, 2005

Terri Schiavo's family announces book plans

Terri Schiavo's parents and siblings are writing a book about the "end-of-life" case that divided the nation.

The not-yet titled memoir by parents Bob and Mary Schindler, brother Bobby Schindler and sister Suzanne Vitadamo will be published in March to coincide with the first anniversary of the death of the brain-damaged woman, whose feeding tube was removed after her husband, Michael Schiavo, won a court order to do so.

The Schindlers will donate profits from the book to a foundation they established when they were fighting to save Terri's life, Warner Books said. The foundation now is dedicated to protecting severely disabled people.

Posted by tim at September 28, 2005 10:16 AM

Comments

When I recieved the news that Terri's parents are publishing a book on Terri's story, an utter form of disgust overwhelmed me. Why, if the Schindler family is so saddened by what happened to their daughter, are they writing a book? To make money from their story...That is absolutely PATHETIC. Their personal tragedy and grievances are completely that...THEIRS. No one needs to know why they were so selfish to fight for 11 years to keep their daughter alive, when it very well possibly could have been God's Great Plan for Terri to "come home" when she collapsed in 1990. They weren't there when Terri made the statement to Michael(plus 2 other friends/witnesses) that she did not want to be kept alive merely on life support. I knew right from the day she died that her parents were gonna make a big stink out of this and try to make as much money as they possibly could off of their daughter's life. It's very selfish and greedy...What's next, a Lifetime movie?

Posted by: Sherry [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 28, 2005 11:49 PM

I am so glad that Terri's parents are planning to publish a memoir concerning Terri's death. It is very important that the wrongs that occurred not be repeated. An axiom of history is that what we forget, we repeat as humans. It is a vindication for Terri to record historically the truth of what occurred, and to tell the story of her endurance and suffering. It is an exposure of and help against what is beginning to be a trend: the acceptance of killing of any of us, who are or become disabled. And that includes all people, for we all become elderly and less able than before. This is a truly unselfish task, to give time and energy to telling the truth for Terri, and I pray it will bring further justice and healing.

Posted by: juleni [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 29, 2005 12:07 PM

I was glad as well as I feel that what happened to Terri was the worst form of injustice.

For those who as offended by the Schindler's wanting to tell their story, are you so offended that Michael is writing a book to tell his story? If their is a Lifetime movie, it will be Michael's, not the Schindlers. Talk about a disgusting character!

Posted by: CeCe [TypeKey Profile Page] at September 30, 2005 11:39 AM

Yes, I'm offended by both parties writing books...It really is something that shows poor character and the whole Schindler/Schiavo matter should have been kept out of the public eye. These kind of things are private and personal family matters and should not be brought out into the public.

Posted by: Sherry [TypeKey Profile Page] at October 1, 2005 4:13 PM

It's not like the Schindlers get a cheap thrill out of making this a public issue. Her unfaithful husband forced them to go public and make Terri's cause a public fight. We're talking about a series of gross injusticed inflicted on Terri, most of all her life being threatened by starvation and dehydration. So they were just supposed to let this happen to their daughter?

Posted by: thedegu [TypeKey Profile Page] at October 3, 2005 3:46 PM

Sherry,

Why are you trolling BlogsforTerri? May I ask? You don't know the truth about this case. Was Nicole Simpson's murder a private family matter? I don't think it was, there was a trial with a jury, but OJ, like Mr. Ghoul Schiavo got off on killing his wife by dehydrating her to death. Did you know, SHERRY, that Mr. Schiavo is on court record that Terri could feel PAIN? Do you think she felt the pain of no water or food, Sherry?
See Sherry, the problem is, the world and the USA does not know the TRUTH or the FACTS of this case, and that there is a number of criminal ghouls that made it happen with their corrupted power and money. It is a country matter, and a FBI matter and a DOJ matter. Period.

Sherry, why do I get the feeling that you are a Michael Schiavo crony. I pity you, you lack compassion and seem to be on the dark side of this life. What problem do you have giving a human being water and food to live?

I pray that the Schindlers have plenty of money, support and perseverance to bring those that murdered Terri before a Criminal Court, the sooner, the better.

Posted by: SherlockRWBShoes [TypeKey Profile Page] at October 9, 2005 2:36 PM

Oh and Sherry, let me tell yah something else. Health and Human Services is investigating Terri's civil rights being violated as well as Michael Schiavo is being investigated for being a pathalogical liar, he could very well lose his medical nursing license. It's true Sherry, guess you didn't read about it on CNN or MSNBC.

Posted by: SherlockRWBShoes [TypeKey Profile Page] at October 9, 2005 2:55 PM

Oh yah, and I have followed the Terri Schiavo case EXTREMELY closely since I was in 6th grade, because I did a 6 year cumulative project on the whole thing, for my past aspiring career was to be in criminal justice. So please, have a nice day, and don't insinuate that I don't know what I'm talking about, because I know very much on what I'm talking about...And also, don't put words in my mouth(or assume I'm saying that it was okay for Terri to die the way she did, I'm a little bit more human than that, I do have a heart and a consience)

Posted by: Sherry [TypeKey Profile Page] at October 9, 2005 11:48 PM

Sherry,

I am not putting words into your mouth. You stated your opinion that it was a private matter when it most certainly is NOT. No soup for you. It is a criminal matter and should have never happened but Florida state is a very corrupt state, period. If you agreed that it was a criminal matter you would agree that it was not a private family matter. You apparently don't know who it was that lobbied the laws to change while Terri was fighting for her right to water and food, do yah? Name the lawmakers that introduced the bill and who lobbied it? The collusion and conspiracy is blatant and insulting. The death penalty applies to the color of code law of her civil rights being violated and her loss of life. That crook, Charlie Crist is not going to push for that one, no way, too many of his friends would get the death penalty.

These criminals are going down eventually, watch and see. May take a few years, but one day they are going to hear the jail doors slam behind them.

You know it all Sherry, sure you do, that is why you say you don't like the Schindlers writing a book about their daughter being slowly tortured and murdered for 13 long days. This WAS MOT LEGAL. PATHETIC. I am sure you would feel the same way if your daughter was murdered this way by a pyscho man like Michael Schiavo and a ghoul lawyer that wrote in his book that "the jews were willing sacrifical lambs during the holocaust and it was a good thing to bring us all into a new era". (Litigation of Spirtual Practice, Blue Dolphin Publishing 2002) What a creep to write such a thing.

All these Florida crackers are creeps and ghouls.
It's not going away. They wish it would.

Posted by: SherlockRWBShoes [TypeKey Profile Page] at October 10, 2005 1:22 PM

Schindler/Schiavo matter should have been kept out of the public eye.

Why would the torture and murder of an innocent handicapped brain damaged woman be kept out of the public eye? It's every citizens business when someone is murdered.

Congress tried to stop it, Florida ignored the efforts and murdered this woman anyway. There is something very wrong with Florida state, especially Clearwater, Florida.

Posted by: SherlockRWBShoes [TypeKey Profile Page] at October 10, 2005 1:35 PM

"They weren't there when Terri made the statement to Michael(plus 2 other friends/witnesses) that she did not want to be kept alive merely on life support."

Looking over Sherry's post and she writes that the Schindlers are "selfish" and that they were present when this statement was made.

SHERRY,

That is NOT TRUE. Terri said, "where there is life, there is hope". Thought you knew all about the case?? HUH? YOU DON'T. Michael Schiavo told three different GIRLFRIENDS he didn't know what Terri wanted, they were too young to discuss things like that, she was only 27 when she fell that night, by unknown causes, most likely caused by Michael and his jealous rage he felt when she told him she wanted a divorce that night. Michael Schiavo stated on Larry King LIVE that he didn't know what Terri's wishes were, that those were his wishes. PERIOD. She was murdered anyway.

SHERRY, you don't know what you are talking about. You are a Michael Schiavo SHILL and how dare you call the Schindlers SELFISH. They wanted to take care of TERRI for the rest of her LIFE. Nothing selfish about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wait until Michael does it to Jodi, and he will. He was on valuim the night she fell for back pain, and that is a bad drug, and it just made him more crazy, than he already was. Plenty of people and witness's to attest to that, none that Judge Greer would LISTEN TO, if he had of listened, he would not have been able to allow Schiavo to be here legal guardian. That is another joke, he was guilty of adultry by misdemeanor, florida ss.

Sherry, I have all the court records, apparently you missed a few 1,000 pages.

Don't wish me a good day, you make me sick.

Posted by: SherlockRWBShoes [TypeKey Profile Page] at October 10, 2005 1:58 PM

"(plus 2 other friends/witnesses"

The witness's were Michael Schiavo's loud mouth arrogant brother and his wife. Reliable witness's? Friends? Nope, that is family! Did they teach you that in the 6th grade?

Hardly, seeing how Michael Schiavo is a pathologoical liar and you can lay down his testimony side by side and get three different versions of his story. He did not know what Terri wanted and has admitted it in front of the world on CNN!

Sherry is probably Jodi and company trolling.

**POOF**

Posted by: SherlockRWBShoes [TypeKey Profile Page] at October 10, 2005 2:05 PM

I find it odd that SHERRY did not mention Mark Fuhrman's book, and what he did with his profit.

I find it disgusting that she would suggest that the Schindlers are hoping to make money from Terri's death. From what I read, they are donating any proceeds to a prolife charity. They fought tooth and nail to try to SAVE her, they would have been happy to have her home to care for and live in obscurity, but they were forced to take it to the courts, the legislature, the governor and the President in a vain attempt to stop her murder.

I find it horrifying that people still think it is ok to dehydrate a brain damaged woman until dead.

I hope the world wakes up soon.

Posted by: I hope [TypeKey Profile Page] at November 5, 2005 10:23 PM