« Physician Who Examined Schiavo for Over 10 Hours--Critical of Autopsy Report | Main | Terri's Tombstone »

June 20, 2005

Terri's Ashes were Buried Today

The cremated remains of Terri Schiavo were buried today at Sylvan Abbey Memorial Park in Clearwater, Florida in the presence of her husband, Michael Schiavo, some of his brothers and a priest.

Updates: Terri's bronze grave marker includes the words "I kept my promise," apparently aimed at memorializing her husband who successfully brought about her death by withholding food and water. Terri's life was robbed and the perpetuator marked his victory by inscribing her grave with a tribute to himself.

Despite his prior testimony during a 1992 malpractice lawsuit, Michael chose to list Feb. 25, 1990, as the date she "Departed this Earth." (Michael testified during the trial, "I believe in the vows that I took with my wife. Through sickness, in health, for richer or poorer. I married my wife because I love her and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. I'm going to do that.")

Contrary to a court order, Terri's parents and siblings were not notified of the memorial service in advance. Instead, they found out about it from reporters who called them with questions. "... That's sad for the family," said David Gibbs, attorney for the Schindlers.

The Empire Journal has more.

Posted by tim at June 20, 2005 6:55 PM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Terri's Ashes were Buried Today:

» Epitaph for Terri Schiavo from Mike's Noise
Just so you know that I'm not making any of this up, you can read about it courtesy of the South Florida Sun Sentinel: Schiavo Theresa Marie Beloved WifeBorn December 3, 1963 Departed This Earth February 25, 1990At Peace March [Read More]

Tracked on June 21, 2005 10:24 AM

» Michael Schiavo still an adulterous, murdering slimewad from Danny Carlton (aka Jack Lewis)
From Tampa Bay Online: After being criticized by her parents, Bob and Mary Schindler, for failing to tell them his... [Read More]

Tracked on June 21, 2005 11:06 AM

» Terri Schiavo from Honor and Remembrance
UPDATE: You may read my remarks about the Terri Schiavo case and my experiences in Pinellas Park on [url=http://www.danielsparks.com/blog]my personal blog[/url]. I will be in for Pinellas Park, Florida this weekend to stand with the family and friends of [Read More]

Tracked on July 15, 2005 1:42 PM

Comments

What a cold way to depart.

Helpless to speak for herself.....while others were just as helpless to save her.

I hope your killers can be brought to justice Terri.......

Posted by: LNaranjoiv at June 20, 2005 8:02 PM

I can't believe my rage right now after reading the inscription on Terri's grave. I feel sick to my stomach.

Posted by: Foug at June 20, 2005 8:07 PM

The reporter got it wrong again. No one denied that Terri had brain damage. The autopsy report does not say that there was no hope of recovery. That is just more of the Felos spin.

I still feel certain that the ME held back on some information in that report.

Felos thinks it is over. It is just beginning. That heartless creep is about to get his just deserts.

Posted by: Maggie4life at June 20, 2005 9:25 PM

"The autopsy report does not say that there was no hope of recovery."

"Schiavo's brain damage "was irreversible, and no amount of therapy or treatment would have regenerated the massive loss of neurons," Thogmartin said."

"I still feel certain that the ME held back on some information in that report."

What would he have held back? He had no stake in any of this. He was unbiased.

Posted by: Shmoykins at June 20, 2005 9:35 PM

I am suspicious about this. I wrote to Bush Friday asking why the law was so biased to allow Michael to kill her but that Michael doesn't have to bury her. Poof, she is now buried in Florida.

Possibly a coinincidence but I believe the corruption is outside of Pinnelas county.

Posted by: Julie at June 20, 2005 9:58 PM

Shmoykins,

I have to wonder how much you have bothered to study this case from the beginning to end. There is an overwhelming amount of evidence that Pinnelas county is very corrupt. If you do not think Felos or Greer are corrupt, you really are buying a lot of bunk. Felos really is a poor attorney. He didn't know that you can not cremate w/o an autopsy per law and you can not show photos of the autopsy (see Dale Enhart). He has to bribe to win cases.

The fact that the drs who did the autopsy didn't allow an indepedent in during the "study" doesn't help the case in fighting an unbiased arguement. None of us will ever really know if he did a totally unbiased autopsy.

Posted by: Julie at June 20, 2005 10:16 PM

The text on the plaque might as well read 'Saint Michael Schiavo is the greatest'. It really isn't that much different than that, is it?

"Schiavo
Theresa Marie
Beloved Wife"

In other words, Michael loved Terri, so he's great. Yes, in spite of the fact that he had a new girlfriend so many years, proposed to her, and had two children with her, he definitely loved Terri.

"Born December 3, 1963
Departed This Earth
February 25, 1990"

Gee, if Terri went to Heaven in 1990, why was there any need to kill her in 2005? Of course the point of this phrase is 'Michael Schiavo was right, Michael Schiavo is great.'

"At Peace March 31, 2005"

So she was already in Heaven but she wasn't yet at peace. Uh huh. The great Michael Schiavo helped his wife be at peace.

"I Kept My Promise"

Michael Schiavo the great KEEPS promises that he makes while watching TV! But he doesn't keep his marriage vows.

Maybe George Felos and his hemlock guys can worship 'St. Michael of the Dehydrated Wife', and ask Death for special intentions through him? Good grief. This plaque is sickening.

Posted by: JWL at June 20, 2005 11:26 PM

I think the words Michael Schiavo put on Terri's headstone are disgusting. Felos actually faxed over the burial details to her parents AFTER the fact. They found out about the burial through reporters. How sad is that? It's like Michael Schiavo has to have the very LAST word to this situation. He is such a sick pathetic man who deserves his just desserts in the end. What a TOTAL PIG!!!!

Posted by: Bella at June 21, 2005 9:02 AM

I tend to agree here that this gravesite is disgusting to see...I've been following this debate and while I may not buy into this whole "conspiracy" thing, I think this plaque is just another slap to the Schindler's face.

Posted by: wookiee2112 at June 21, 2005 1:44 PM

Let's make it unanimous: The tombstone inscription was unnecessary and refusing to tell the Schindlers about the burial in advance is AT BEST childish and, according to the court orders that have been cited, illegal in some fashion. Contempt of court?

Posted by: Shmoykins at June 21, 2005 1:55 PM

How about extending the olive branch and putting BELOVED DAUGHTER, BELOVED SISTER on the tombstone. But nooooooo, he had to stick it to them one final time as if terminating her life wasn't bad enough. What a coward Michael Schiavo is. Do you realize that the only ones present were the priest, Michael Schiavo and his brother. No frills burial.

Posted by: Bella at June 21, 2005 2:03 PM

shmoykins,

I totally agree that the inscription is disgusting...but illegal? how so? I realize court orders have been violated in not telling the Schindlers about the burial and not disclosing in a timely fashion the location of the burial...But in what way does this inscription violate any court order? Was there something in the court order stating what her tombstone was to read?

Posted by: wookiee2112 at June 21, 2005 2:07 PM

wookiee, the inscription itself was a slap in the face but not illegal. That's not what was meant-- the illegal part was the refulsal to follow the court orders to let the Schindlers know prior to the burial.

Posted by: Foug at June 21, 2005 2:31 PM

Well George, I think that you better think again about what is really meant by the words of the ME.

At the time of the autopsy Terri's brain was in an irreversible state because it had showed the effects of her dehydration.

It is because she was dehydrated to death and was not allowed a natural death that the results would have been skewed.

The pathologists and scientists who took part in the medical examination have done a thorough job. The M.E. in his report described Terri's dehydrated condition in detail. She did not look beautiful and she did not look serene in death.

The wording of the M.E. stated the obvious that the damaged portion of Terri's brain was irreversible damage. However, there is evidence available that the remaining portions of her brain could have been trained to give her some function. That is where there is a real rub.

The report seems to give the culture of death comfort. However I am of the view that there is a real sting in the tail of that report.

The investigation into the timing of the collapse and calling 911 will hopefully shed light on the facts of the case. M.S. has every reason to be afraid.

Posted by: Maggie4life at June 21, 2005 3:33 PM

Disgust? Rage? Anger??
Wow..........such a wide range of emotions.
How do you all feel, now?

Mad? Upset? Helpless? Victimized? Worried? Concerned? Bothered? Dirty? Ashamed? All of the above???

Good....I hope you ALL feel one of those a-formentioned emotions. I hope you feel as dirty and disgusted as I do. I hope you understand, just what has happened.

This is why I asked the Schindlers, their lawyer and anyone ELSE who can talk too the family:

This MUST come out. Terri's fight MUST continue.
Michael Schaivo MUST be brought into the public limelight, NOT allowed to smile, be happy or PROFIT from Terri's death. THIS is where the emotions of anger must be directed too. NOT in a bad way, but for a GOOD cause. Don't let anger cloud judgement on this. The Schindlers NEED to press this issue. The " wrongful death " avenue HAS to be explored.

To not do so, will be disgracefull. To not do this, would be a slap to the memory of a woman who fought as hard as she could to stay alive. She fought, why can't we??

Let Terri's memory NOT be lost in the madness, to the animals who did this to her, to unchecked anger and disgust. WE owe Terri more than that.
WE, should understand WHAT she stood for.

Trolls poach on here to do what? Incite? Madden people? Preach how RIGHT they were? Please...they post here cause THEY don't believe what was done, was done correctly. Why else would they be here, fighting to convice US, that it was CORRECT to murder this woman? Whether they WANT to admit it or not, THEY TOO, don't believe the rhetoric.

I never did, and I wasn't even a hard-core follower of the case. It stunk then, it stinks now. We err on the side of life, when a helpless person is involved. That simple. We care for our pets, we care for our children, we care for our infirmed. What happened here? When did we stop caring??

I've voiced my plea's to whoever I could....this HAS to be looked at, again, from the beginning.
Not just Michael, Not just his ( filth ) lawyer, EVERYONE must be looked at/into. Even, yes, the Schindlers themselves. Justice is blind, but it's supposed to be fair. Innocence prevails while the guilty are exposed. To say anything less, even when calling for a re-review or ' wrongfull death ' suit, is insulting to Terri and her memory.

If you are mad enough, then write to whoever you can. Write to the family. Show your support and express your outrage. Do so, with reason, not in wild abandon.

Perhaps, there is a way to get Terri a NEW headstone. Invest energy to the POSITIVE, not the negative.

She's dead now, and no longer Michael's concern.
That being said, see what kind of PROPER buriel can be performed, or what kind of APPROPRIATE headpiece can be made/purchased.

As I have said previously, and will say so again if asked....if you FEEL DIRTY?? It's cause you KNOW, what was done to this woman was morally wrong. We murdered her. Our system allowed it.

It's now time, to face the moral conscious, and fix what is broken. One start, is to try Michael and his " other wife ". At least, try this case again.

To those who care? Think about this.

For the trolls?? Well, you'll never understand, cause you don't want too. We are moving forward, if you want? You can follow us and join us... If not? Oh well....that's your choice to make. At least you HAVE that ability. One day, you might not....

Just like Terri.

Posted by: LNaranjoiv at June 21, 2005 3:44 PM

How ironic is it that michael shiavo used the same wording on Terri's grave as Nancy Cruzan's parents used on hers? Nancy Cruzan, much like Terri, was considered "PVS" and fed by a feeding tube. The us supreme court used the case to define the "Clear and Convincing" evidentiary standard. This is the "standard" BTK greer used to allow michael to murder his disabled wife. For the complete article, please read:

www.theempirejournal.com/6210516_schiavo_gravestone_a_vir.htm

The supreme court ruled on Nancy's case on June 25, 1990--four months after Terri collapsed.

My bet is that michael shitavo followed Nancy's case closely and modeled his arguments after those used to end Nancy's life.

Let's face it, michael couldn't be faithful as a husband, suckered the entire us court system into handing him the means to murder his disabled wife, immediately sought her estate that he claime didn't exist, and didn't have the dignity to graciously inform her family of her burial. He took his page from history, used a previous case to obtain the arguments to succeed in court and then used the same epitaph on Terri's grave that Nancy's parents used used on Nancy's grave. Obviously, michael had great respect for Nancy's family; they also succeeded in the courts and were allowed to starve their daughter.

Posted by: Tress at June 21, 2005 3:47 PM

Lnaranjoiv -- Do we know if it possible for the Schindlers to place an additional headstone, or remove the current one? Or does Michael control all those details, too? Speaking of control, it really is scary. I am surprised the "feminists" were not up in arms about how much control this man Michael had over Terri's affairs and her very life. It is like we went back a century or two.

Posted by: Chana Meira at June 21, 2005 6:39 PM

Lnaranjov:

While you may think it's wrong for Michael to profit off Terri's death (which I also think is wrong), he's not the only one doing it.

Terri's parents have authorized a conservative direct-mailing firm to sell a list of their financial supporters.

Chana: It's called power of attorney, it's not some draconian anti woman thing. If a man were to go into a PVS and his wife had Power of Attorney, she would have the same powers that Michael had.

Posted by: no_dice at June 21, 2005 7:14 PM

Chana Meira:

The feminists have no use for the disabled; I think they, and the hollywood elitists were supportive of Terri's "right to die". Very few were supportive of Terri's RIGHT TO LIVE. Oh well, at least I am confident she is in Heaven and now has an opportunity to expose michael for the horrible person he truly is....

Posted by: Tress at June 21, 2005 7:30 PM

For anyone who support Terri's cause, you can go onto the website, www.sptimes.com, there you will find a forum section with discussions on Terri. There are many on that forum who believe that it was Terri's dehydration was justified and that Michael Schiavo had every right to do what he did. It is a disgusting forum to say the least. I am appalled by the lack of compassion on that board. For any of those who believe there was an injustice done to Terri please go on that forum and fight back.

Posted by: Bella at June 23, 2005 8:27 AM

Chana?? I don't really know if it's legal or not. I was hoping someone in the legalease community might, but I don't see why it would be a crime to do so.
Michael should no longer control squat.
Unless, there's court papers saying he has say over her body AFTER her death.

Power of Attorney? Ummmmmmm, ....yea, that gives him/her rights. In this case, there were no such documents, or most of the aurguments would have been mute.

Feminists....ahahaha......please.
That group of " has beens " are just that. Has beens. How many times SHOULD they have stepped in, when Womens rights have been trampled upon.
The only thing the feminists stand for now, is the political dogma of the whacko Liberals.

Cleary, they should have taken up this fight/cause from day ONE! Tad too late now.
SPTIMES?? Haven't gone there yet, .....not sure if I want too anyways. Those ' people ' are true believers. You, me or Jesus Christ himself won't change their minds. So, why bother??

The challenge, is here. True, trolls do seem to plague this board, but THOSE people are trying to convince us that Michael and his cronies were RIGHT to murder this woman. THEY, aren't trying to convince US....THEY are trying to convince someone who might not KNOW what was what with Terri's case.

I regular person will see both boards...and make up their own minds as to what they believe or don't believe.

YOU should know the reality, and can figure out WHO is honest in any debate or opposite opinion.
Other than that................( shruggs )

The trolls? Pffffffft......they try to convince themselves more than anything. Perhaps, they fear what happened to Terri can so easily apply to them as well???

Given that statement I just made....think about it. Trolls in the same position. Who would fight to keep THEM alive, if the system was as flawed as it is here?

Gee....how ironic................

My answer is simple. I and people LIKE me ( as the shoe fits ) would fight just as hard, given the SAME flakey circumstances.
The Trolls? pffffft, please. Use their logic, you'd be dead before you could type the word.

Now, ...tell me again, WHY we need to debate those, ah......' people? '

" That's why there are people like ME, who'll fight against people like THAT, from doing what they did to people like Terri Schaivo. "

Posted by: LNaranjoiv at June 23, 2005 4:09 PM

oops.....pardon the typos....I'm lazy today....

sowy!!!

Posted by: LNaranjoiv at June 23, 2005 4:12 PM

I believe that a gravesite is owned - just like a house, piece of land, etc. I know this because, when my father died and we wanted him buried in a family plot of my mother's, purchased and owned by my grandmother, we had to get the deed from her and have her sign something authorizing use of one of the plots.

So, if the plot is indeed owned by MS, he could put whatever he wanted on the gravestone/plaque.

Posted by: Blogging Beth at June 23, 2005 9:01 PM

LNaranjoiv:

You make some quite compelling arguments, calling people who don't agree with your opinion whacko liberals and trolls is bound to sway some minds!

And you also said not even "Jesus Christ himself" could sway the "whacko liberals" opinions. Well, I highly doubt *any* sort of evidence would ever sway yours, so I guess we're even. People here were invalidating the results of the autopsy before they ever came out....that is until they found a way to swing them in their favor.

Posted by: no_dice at June 24, 2005 7:27 AM

Thank you BB for that update.
IF, being the key word on Terri's plot. Still worth checking into.

As to NO DICE???

Jesus Christ himself wouldn't have swayed Judge Greer no matter what EVIDENCE he brought in to show Terri lived. If Judge Greer dismissed his OWN findings, why would he ADMIT someone elses??

I'm all ears.
My bad, I forgot how sensitive you are to certain words....let me rephrase for you.
Her Demise? Her experation? Her passing? Her death?
Which do you prefer???
Some people were trying to " invalidate " results of the autopsy?? Perhaps your just slow. SOME people were on here NOT agreeing with the craphead story that she fell due to a " bulimic problem ". Gee golly julipers.....why, she wasn't BULIMIC!?!?!!?? How'd that happen?????
She wasn't GORGEOUS OR BEAUTIFUL at her death?
Why, isn't that what that moron Lawyer called her?

Still don't comprehend the point do you NODICE?

You're so hot to push this point of Terri's death, perhaps you or Shmuck,.. er Shmoy, can answer me this:

Why do we stop attempted Suiciders?

0 = /

Posted by: LNaranjoiv at June 24, 2005 2:23 PM

"As to swaying MY point of view?? What would you have to offer me, that would make me change my views of this woman's murder by her Ahole husband, a fruitloop Judge, and a determined psycho lawyer??
I'm all ears.
To warn you tho, so far NO ONE has offered up ANY credible aurgument to have this woman murdered."

Have you ever heard of Dr. Kent Hovind (http://www.drdino.com/)? He heads Creation Science Evangelism. He has an offer of $250,000 on the table for anyone who can prove to him that evolution is correct TO HIS SATISFACTION. He makes a big deal about how nobody has come forward to prove it, when in reality there really is no incentive whatsoever to do so. Kent would just say that all the evidence is invalid and declare that it has not been proved TO HIS SATISFACTION. The entire offer is self-serving.

It's almost the exact same thing with you LNaranjoiv. People have given you totally credible arguments in regards to the legality and the morality of this whole thing. You don't think any of them are worth anything because your belief is already set in stone. It is impossible at this point to open a mind that is as closed as yours.

"Some people were trying to " invalidate " results of the autopsy?? Perhaps your just slow. SOME people were on here NOT agreeing with the craphead story that she fell due to a " bulimic problem "."

No, actually, I think the reference was to the "Will the autopsy make outlandish claims?" post. That would be a pretty silly post if you already knew what happened to Terri, but I guess it fits right in with your conspiracy theories. Honestly, everything about this case was tried so many times that it's not even funny.

"It's about life and the OBLIGATION of US to protect it, when there exists a DOUBT of the persons DESIRES. Duh."

You already know that the matter of Terri's wishes was tried not once or twice, but rather many times. But I guess the fact that every decision in this case has gone in favor of Michael isn't credible enough for you.

Posted by: Shmoykins at June 24, 2005 5:59 PM

lolol, Schmo....you really are a goober and a troll, aren't you??
Perhaps, you'd still like to avoid an earlier question to you??
You know, the one where YOUR silly self, described Terri being, how'd you say, " blinded by the bright lights? " ...( the exacts are on another of your whimpish posts..I'm cutting corners here )
How could what was left of her retnal area's be wiped out, if she was blind??

How?? Easy. ( I'll let you figure out how I could do this )
As to your " Creation Science Evangelism? "
What in blazes is that? Yet, ANOTHER religion?
You want to debate merrits, then you offer up some whackjob stuff like this??

Pffffffft.....get real.
ALMOST the EXACT same thing with me?? Again, are you just playing stupid, or are you REALLY stupid?
Read back what I said.
Again, where is it?
First thing I'd find, is the case smells. It's ripe with contridictions AND conflicts of interest.
Your dumbself, would allow ANY ' hearsay evidence ' into admission when we know Hearsay isn't admissable in court. Unless, you've suddenly found a way to do it.

Perhaps, we can charge Michael with Contempt of Court, since the Autopsy PROVED she didn't have BULIMIA NERVOUSA....I believe, a basis of his FIRST lawsuit.

Shmoy....you've been defined as a troll and a goober. I'd politely say, you're simply an idiot attempting to incite something OTHER than debate on this blog.

You offer crap, and expect answers. You make statements to PROVE what people here have said already, and then LIE to cover up your own admissions. Sounds like this case, huh?

Unless of course, GOD intervenes......

As for you tho?? Altzheimers patients would have more substance in their conversations than what you've provided here. I can understand WHY they act like they do. You?? ......smh.....
100% full use of your mind, and you're brain dead.

Posted by: LNaranjoiv at June 24, 2005 6:25 PM

"lolol, Schmo....you really are a goober and a troll, aren't you??
Perhaps, you'd still like to avoid an earlier question to you??
How could what was left of her retnal area's be wiped out, if she was blind??
I figure, you offered up that stupid excuse to continue to argue pointless positions."

Okay, I'll ignore the fact that this had nothing to do with my previous post and I'll inform you that I don't think Terri was totally blind when the tube was removed.

"For 250K, I could probably pull that off. And, it would be to HIS satisfaction as well.
How?? Easy. ( I'll let you figure out how I could do this )"

If you're referring to the evolution offer (you didn't specify), I can tell you straight up that you could not convince Hovind that evolution is correct. It's to HIS STANDARDS. If someone brings him evidence, he can set his standards just a little bit higher. Perhaps he'd have to see a one-celled organism turn into a human before his eyes.

Really, tell me how you'd do this. You don't know. I really wonder at your true identity LN. I don't think anybody can be as closeminded as you are.

"As to your " Creation Science Evangelism? "
What in blazes is that? Yet, ANOTHER religion?
You want to debate merrits, then you offer up some whackjob stuff like this??"

I was relating Hovind's dead-end, closeminded stance to your own.

"You and I sir/maam/whatever, would have to pour thru ALL the evidence to conclude what I stated."

Maybe... except you've never provided ONE SHRED of evidence or fact in support of your ideas. EVER. I have provided links to documents. I have linked to Terri's brain scan. When you post, it's like you've never seen them before.

"Conspiracy theories?? About what? That the case smelled? That Michael had a conflict of interest, and should NOT be granted SOLE rights to his laid up wife? Please.......you're dumber than I give credit for."

Conspiracy theories as in "They're all in it together down there in Pinellas! Felos, Greer, McCabe, Thogmartin... they'll make sure it looks like Terri was gone! The autopsy is outlandish! Except that there was no evidence of full-on bulimia. Yeah, we like that part."

Here comes another FACT: The Schindlers had a huge conflict of interest of their own. Dr. Jay Wolfson reported that the Schindlers testified that even if they had been told by Terri in person that she would not want to live like she was, THEY WOULD NOT HAVE LISTENED. If that isn't a conflict, I don't know what is.

If you knew anything about this case, you'd know that the decision to remove the feeding tube was not in the hands of Michael Schiavo or the Schindler family. It was in the hands of the guardian ad litem. The court instructed the guardian that Terri's wishes were that she would not want to be kept alive as she was.

"You whine about how many times this case was TRIED. It was tried ONCE...the evidence was never RELOOKED at from THE BEGINNING. Or, perhaps,that simple explanation illudes you??"

The simple explanation is that there was never any reason to doubt the evidence. The Schindlers never succeeded in disproving it. In an effort to serve their selfish interests to keep their daughter alive despite her wishes, they created conflict where there was none.

"How many years/court hearings and rehearings does it take to Kill a condemned prisoner in this Country?? What does that person recieve, while they await execution of sentence?
Medical care, from my understanding. BASIC care. ANY and ALL Tests as needed. Heck, we even make SURE they're alive BEFORE we execute sentence....and all the while, how many safegaurds are in place to STOP the process IF something is afoul?? Even to the point of a PHONE CALL from a GOVERNOR TO the chamber??"

Ironic. You just described the entire scenario that Terri went through.

"You offer crap, and expect answers."

I offer facts. I have come to expect that I am to receive crap in return. The reason I am here is because I cannot stand to see facts twisted and distorted in such a fashion and just stand around and let it happen unchallenged.

"You make statements to PROVE what people here have said already, and then LIE to cover up your own admissions. Sounds like this case, huh?"

I have no reason to lie. If you looked back at all of my posts, I doubt you could find even one outright lie.

I could make the same accusation to you, except I'd have to exclude the word "PROVE" since none of your accusations have ever been proven.

"Proof?? You whine about TRIED MANY TIMES OVER.....then lie about how many times it WAS tried. The correct term DUMBA*****, is REVIEWED.
TRY would mean to start from DAY ONE, all the way BACK to the beginning. Or, does that TOO, surpass your limited understanding???"

It wasn't a lie. They went over every shred of evidence that they could find and the court never found that there was any reason to doubt its ruling. Terri received more due process than almost anyone in history. Unfortunately for people like you, the case could have been reviewed a thousand times and you still would have found something to gripe about. For instance, right now it seems fashionable to talk about how Michael waited for an hour to call 911 when in fact his timeline matches up properly and he did call 911 in a prompt manner.

"Try this then....Murder has no statue of limitations. In SHMOY speak? that means, he can be tried for Terri's death, in the future.
Unless of course, GOD intervenes......"

Well, as everyone on BFT already testifies, this whole thing was "legal homicide." Hence, he could NEVER be tried for murder because everything that happened was totally legal.

Posted by: Shmoykins at June 24, 2005 7:09 PM

LNaranjoiv, et all:

A former athiest once stated: "For those who believe, no explanation is needed. For those who do not, no explanation is possible."

Mr Shmo can't see the truth, because he doesn't want to see the truth. We can't see the truth in his lies, because it isn't there. For all we know, he is either: michael shitavo, george greer, george feel-less, or one of their family members. Regardless, he is close minded to the facts we have presented on this board. We can't and won't change his mind. He's likely one of the above who needs to justify his position by twisting facts to confirm his opinion.

Posted by: Tress at June 25, 2005 9:49 PM

Oh yeah, Shmo:

"...Hence, he could NEVER be tried for murder because everything that happened was totally legal."

Except for the fact that greer violated the law in his decisions, and he was never legally elected to begin with. So, the trial wasn't legal; and the fact that michael contributed to greer's illegal reelection has great bearing in the fact that this case was more than a miscarriage of justice; it was judicial malfeasance from the word "go".

Posted by: Tress at June 25, 2005 9:53 PM

I am an 18-year-old kid from New Jersey. I am not related to anyone involved.

Tress: I do not twist facts. I present them as they are. None of you have ever presented a single fact to prove any of the claims on this site. EVER. Show me one that I can't possibly dispute. If you can present solid evidence that the trial was illegal as you just said, then that's certainly something.

Solid like a fox: http://www.warriorsfortruth.com/images/schiavo-brain-scan.jpg

I love that image.

Posted by: Shmoykins at June 25, 2005 10:15 PM

Tress:

It's funny how you call Shmoykins blind to the facts, that there's no way to change his mind, and that he twists facts -- because that describes the actions/mindsets of the vast majority of the people on the right to live side as well.

Shmoy said it best, you guys spew "facts" all the time, only you never provide sources for these facts. Then you result to calling people on the right to die side "trolls" and "whacko liberals" and need to resolve to name calling for the parties involved in the Shiavo case as well.

I find it comical how people so religious and so adamant about someone's right to live can be so vengeful and hateful towards some people.

Maybe instead of calling people names and pulling "facts" out of thin air, you can start presenting credible arguments backed by verifiable documentation.

Posted by: no_dice at June 25, 2005 10:35 PM

Welll....that explains much.........SCHMOY is only 18 and from New Jersey......why, bless my soul!! He's swarming with worldly knowledge!
How could I have been so blind!!

Schmoy.........oh my, I have overlooked the fact that you, being all of 18, AND from New Jersey no less.........are embued with knowledge FAR far in advance of anyone else here!

I'm sure, given your vast knowledge pool, that you can answer ALL the questions posed anywhere here on this board. Why, golly gee willickers.....

Twit.

Between you and BBeth, I'm not sure which one is more moronic.....there has to be an answer tho.

However, we'll try to be a little more specific, cause I understand if you can't keep up...

You clowns say, it was TERRI's wish to NOT be kept alive, in the event that she couldn't speak herself. Not having any WRITTEN proof of her intentions is irrelivant ( according to you ) So, we have to take the word of her miscreant husband. Informing the world that Terri died in 1990, has no value either.
Short of it, Terri was advocating suicide, and her husband complied.

So...if THAT was legal, and YOU clowns are telling us it's a family matter and GOVT should be kept out of it...again, SCHMO ( since you haven't answered MY SIMPLE question )

Why do we force life on the attempted suicide people??? Isn't there 'attempt' to end their life, better than written PROOF that they don't want to live?

Yet,here we are, trying to KEEP those ' helpless, lost, FULLY FUNCTIONAL ' people alive. Oh my.....
The irony is lost on me.

Perhaps, someone other than Michael, his girlfriend, and his murder-inspired lawyer.
Why, HOLY SMOKES!!! We might have needed to have OTHER DR"s involved!!!!

Speaking of, 18 huh?? I sure hope your sorry a**** never has to step foot in a courtroom to face anything ever. One shot justice huh?
I'm sure you'd never want YOUR case tried to it's fullest, ESPECIALLY when there might be " prejudice " to your case..
Or, like Terri's case, which smelled of it.

So, with that said, You and BB can, you know what.

Posted by: LNaranjoiv at June 27, 2005 12:31 PM

"You clowns say, it was TERRI's wish to NOT be kept alive, in the event that she couldn't speak herself. Not having any WRITTEN proof of her intentions is irrelivant ( according to you ) So, we have to take the word of her miscreant husband."

I didn't say that, but because there was nothing in writing, the court took testimony on the matter. Read this post: http://abstractappeal.com/archives/2005_03_01_abstractappeal_archive.html#111167384435979940

It was more than just the word of her husband. It was the words of five people.

"Why do we force life on the attempted suicide people???"

We try to talk people down because, more often than not, the attempt is an overreaction to this or that. The person is just a little crazy at the moment. It's not a parallel at all to this case.

"You said in your own post Schmoy, the video ( and whatever else your pea brain could come up with ) was inconclusive. Well, golly gee. Seems there needed to be another Video made then, huh????"

I didn't say "inconclusive." I said that they were BS. Total, utter BS. That four-and-a-half minutes of video came from four-and-a-half HOURS of tape. The only people who have seen more than two percent of the video are the Schindlers and those involved in the court proceedings. Those involved all agree that Terri's actions were reflexive and not reproducible.

"As ( as has been stated ) you clowns are only trying to incite and persuade your point that Terri's inhuman murder was OKAY....pffffft."

You know, you COULD have just looked a few posts back (or in the other thread) and seen that I'm here because I can't stand to see blatant misstatement and distortion of facts take place and not do anything about it.

Posted by: Shmoykins at June 27, 2005 1:23 PM

The words of five people....Schmo....I really pray to god, you don't make the bench/gov in your blind life.

Obviously, COMMON SENSE is lacking in your school.
Then again, what else is new.

No written instructions from Terri. Yet, you wish to keep with this, 5 people claimed , that's what she wanted??

All I'd need to do, is slip you some sleeping pills, get 4 others to agree with me ( or have reasons to OFF you ) and I bet I could pull off that YOU said you wanted to die. We would have all heard you.

It's called, hearsay evidence. He said SHE said doesn't cut it in court, or does COURT TV not inform you of that??

Before I looked at any FACTS or LINKS, I had already come up with a " rational " conclusion.

Keep her alive, and sort it all out.

Husband has a live-in AND bastard children?
Hmmm...conflict of interest..No Guardianship.
Parents WANT to care for their child??
Hmmmm......why is the husband resisting then?

Sounds like a case for Terri to become a WARD of the State, till it's all sorted out.

FACTS....Michael lied on the FIRST court proceedings, given than Bulimia was NOT a factor in Terri's status. Ergo, no basis for the initial lawsuit??

Since then, what FACTS I have seen, read about, point out that there are UNTOLD number of reasons why she SHOULD have been kept alive. WAY too many conflicts of interest.

Lastly rookie, I've known no precedence of some low level JUDGE to order a Sheriff to STOP a State Agency from doing it's job. Nor, have I heard of the same preventing FEDERAL agencies from doing THEIR jobs. Personally? Sheriff Jim Bob would have been shot down or arrested if he interefered...AND, brainiac,.....they refused a Subpeana of Congress.

Now........While you're small, narrow minded, BARELY on this planet ' experiences ' are trying to comtemplate all that SIMPLE stuff?? I'm sure in no time at all while you're eating frosted flakes, that your brain can't keep up...
and instead, you'll come up with some half-baked explanation to dismiss a common sense approach.

Tough being so simple, huh??
That's what Common sense is.......simple.

Only a moron and a fool, would think that a COURT could accept hearsay evidence as FACT...then try to argue the point when you're CALLED on it.
Lastly?
Judge Greer lied himself, and perjured his OWN court writings......Gee......what defense will you give for his own violation of law???

Oooooooo, I can hardly wait!!!

Goober-troll is tooo nice............

Posted by: LNaranjoiv at June 27, 2005 7:40 PM