« Schindler Family's Statement on Medical Examiner's Report | Main | I Was Wrong... »

June 17, 2005

Gov. Bush calls for Schiavo probe

Gov. Jeb Bush, who unsuccessfully tried to keep Terri Schiavo alive, now says that an investigation is needed into what happened the night in 1990 that she collapsed and her heart stopped beating. - Miami Herald

The first piece of information Bush appears to be acting on is the Pinellas county medical examiner Dr. Jon Thogmartin's conclusion that Terri Schiavo most likely did not suffer from an eating disorder and did not collapse due to a heart attack. His autopsy report includes the following two statements related to these issues:

Thus, the main piece of evidence supporting a diagnosis of Bulimia Nervosa is suspect or, at least, can be explained by her clinical condition at the time of the blood draw.

The common term "heart attack" is generally reserved to describe the medical condition of myocardial infarction. Mrs. Schiavo's heart was anatomically normal without any area of recent or remote myocardial infarction.

Secondly, the Miami Herald reports that Thogmartin told Bush he had gained access to information suggesting that there was a 70-minute delay between when Michael Schiavo first heard a 'bump' in the early morning hours of Feb. 25, 1990 and when he eventually called 911.

The basis for the 70-minute gap is the difference between the time Michael Schiavo's 911 call was logged and public statements he has made regarding the time of Terri's collapse. George Felos, Michael Schiavo's attorney, called Bush's comments "disgusting" and claimed his client dialed 911 immediately.

The Schindler family included the following comments in their recent public statement:

-- Our family doesn't understand what led to Terri's collapse. Our family doesn't understand why this major discrepancy in time is not fully understood. When a person is without blood and oxygen to their brain, 70 minutes is a terribly long time when each second counts.

-- With the IME effectively ruling out bulimia, the underlying basis of the malpractice case appears to now be disproved. Our family would encourage Michael Schiavo to do the right thing and return the funds that were paid by the innocent doctors who were sued for Terri's collapse. In addition to returning the funds to the doctors who were sued, we would also ask Michael to bring closure to Terri's death for our family by allowing us to give her a proper Christian burial as required by our faith. To this day, we have no idea where Terri's ashes are. That is particularly hard on our mother.

Posted by tim at June 17, 2005 1:13 AM

Comments

If Bush is serious, this is good news. This needs to be answered. I truly believe this is the first nail in Michaels coffin (Felos & Greer's careers as well).

Although I am not an attorney, I am sure Michael's conflicting statements from the time she collapsed to the Larry King interview (where he said he didn't know what she wanted before Felos interrupted) could be used in a wrongful death lawsuit & criminal proceedings.

Posted by: Julie at June 17, 2005 6:56 AM

Yahooooo!
The autopsy repory, which seemed so benign and blah, was really a 1-2 punch in disguise.....I just knew that Schiavo's "March to the Sea" ( like Sherman's) would be seen for what it really is.....if the autopsy brings about an investigation...and the invsetigation calls for hearings ...and Michael's forked tongue gets seen for what it really is....Yahooo, he will be facing jail time for sure...! Felos' sugar coated press conferences were aimed at 2nd grade mentalities....straight thinking adults were either turned off or 'highly' suspicious !

Don't forget...just as this investigation wil be gathering it's speed...Fuhrman's book will be released! Public opinion will be shifted against Micheal..... Do you see the storm clouds forming on the horizon.?.....Michael better grab his umbrella...Finally there will be justice for Terri.....on angel wings !
Pray that God's will be done and the truth be known!

Posted by: JoJoFox at June 17, 2005 7:17 AM

Yahooooo!
The autopsy report, which seemed so benign and blah, was really a 1-2 punch in disguise.....I just knew that Schiavo's "March to the Sea" ( like Sherman's) would be seen for what it really is.....if the autopsy brings about an investigation...and the investigation calls for hearings ...and Michael's forked tongue gets seen for what it really is....Yahooo, he will be facing jail time for sure...! Felos' sugar coated press conferences were aimed at 2nd grade mentalities....straight thinking adults were either turned off or 'highly' suspicious !

Don't forget...just as this investigation will be gathering it's speed...Fuhrman's book will be released! Public opinion will be shifted against Micheal..... Do you see the storm clouds forming on the horizon.?.....Michael better grab his umbrella...Finally there will be justice for Terri.....on angel wings !
Pray that God's will be done and the truth be known!

Posted by: JoJoFox at June 17, 2005 7:23 AM

Amen! Bush should appoint a special prosecuter for this, the one they have in Pinellas, Bernie McCabe is in cahoots with the whole death squad down there. They always say what comes around goes around, I hope this is the case. I can't wait for the Mark Fuhrman book too!

Posted by: Bella at June 17, 2005 8:46 PM

Posted by: Bella at June 17, 2005 8:46 PM

YEs, it should be someone other than Bernie McCabe.

When Bush is finished with this investigation he should have a look at Martha Lendeman

Posted by: Maggie4life at June 18, 2005 2:00 AM

I desperately tried to pass this information to certain key people last March. Will someone, anyone, please help me get my observation to the right people NOW???

March 20, 2005

On Friday evening, I was watching the rerun of Larry King interviewing Michael Schiavo. During that interview Larry asked him exactly what happened on the night of February 25, 1990.
From the transcripts, Michael said:

"Climbed into bed. Terri said good night to me. Gave me a kiss. She woke up, said good night, gave me a kiss. I gave her a kiss back. I'd say, about 4:30 in the morning, I was, for some reason, getting out of bed and I heard a thud in the hall. I race out there and Terri was laying in the hall. I went down to get her. I thought, Well, maybe she just tripped or whatever. I rolled her over and she was lifeless. And it almost seems like she had this last breath.

So I held her in my arms, and I'm trying to shake her up. I ran over, I called 911. Her brother happened to live in the same complex as we did. I called him. I went back to Terri. And from there, six, seven minutes later, the paramedics... "

According to the police report, it was reported that Terri was found face down . . . halfway in and halfway out of a bathroom. . . She was found with her head facing east out into a hallway and her feet and legs pointing west on the bathroom floor.

This makes no sense! If Michael did roll her over, hold her in his arms, and shake her up, why would the paramedics have found her with her head facing one way and her legs and feet facing the other way???

Why has anyone else not noticed this inconsistency? Please check the records yourself. I do not believe Michael Schiavo is telling the truth.

Sincerely,
Mrs. Valerie Mierzwa
email: mjm282@bellsouth.net

Posted by: Valerie M. at June 18, 2005 7:58 AM

I was very heartened at this news! But Bernie is the wrong guy for this...

Let's not forget the cast of characters in Terri's case, so well documented by Myopic Zeal ( http://myopiczeal.blogsome.com/2005/03/25/cast-of-characters-in-the-schiavo-case/ ) and the web of lies in Pinellas County, put together for us succinctly by The Title of Liberty ( http://titleofliberty.typepad.com/ttol/2005/03/the_web_of_lies.html ). I am praying Gov. Bush may get good people involved in this investigation and not those in cahoots down in that part of Florida...

Another thing I am praying for is that Fuhrman's book may be seized upon by readers, early (I have already placed my advance order for one), as Michael is out shopping his own book now.

And let's also not forget the other book coming out by Cheryl Ford, R.N. and Dr. J.E. Craddock ( http://fight4terri.blogspot.com/ ), advocates for the disabled who also fought for Terri. You can order an email notice to be sent to you, when the book is ready, here: http://www.trafford.com/4dcgi/robots/05-1041.html .

Here is what they say about their book:

"Introducing the FIRST expose and sourcebook on the Terri Schinder-Schiavo case!

We hope that many of you will find the information in our book about Terri helpful in gaining perspective about the true facts and findings that went into our personal involvement's in helping fight for Terri.

Thousands of hours of legal and medical expertise from those directly involved here in Florida have gone into the findings you will read about in the book Our Fight4Terri.

Information and excerpts from a manuscript of Our Fight4Terri book was personally provided to television reporter Sean Hannity when he came to Florida during the last nine days in March as Terri laid dying of starvation and dehydration. Hannity used some of the research you will read in the book
Our Fight4Terri on his 9 day television broadcast to help him expose Terri's travesty.

Carla Sawyer Iyer, the nurse who personally cared for Terri reports........
"Mark Furhman just arrived in Florida last week and called me for information about Michael; it appears all the research we have done in Our Fight4Terri has finally taken on enough interest to draw even Mark Furhman's attention." Other medical experts who have contributed freely of their knowledge and expertise to Our Fight4Terri have also notified us of recent contact by Mark Furhman.

Discover the true facts behind the most significant legal battles over constitutional rights of the disabled in history. Read the actual documents in
Our Fight4Terri.

Discover the dangers all people face with Terri's death!"

I beleive both theirs and Mark Fuhrman's books will be important material to get.

Valerie, yes, your important information was much discussed here at this blog, and we tried to get it into the hands of the MSM, because others also saw exactly what you saw...why was she face down? One of so many important clues.

Posted by: juleni at June 18, 2005 8:11 PM

Has there been further developmensts? I did hear that Bernie McCabe was going to do another whitewash.

Posted by: Maggie4life at July 2, 2005 3:10 PM