« Judge George Greer Awarded for 'Professionalism' and 'Integrity' |
| Banquet to Honor Terri Schiavo Judge Draws Protestors »
May 3, 2005
Miracles Can Happen
A firefighter that has been in a state of 'severe brain damage' for nearly ten years, came out of it suddenly a few days ago. Donald Herbert, the firefighter was in the state due to three minutes without oxygen.
SOURCE - When Donald Herbert broke 10 years of virtual silence on Saturday and announced that he wanted to speak to his wife, his family and doctors were astonished and bewildered.
Mr. Herbert, 44, a Buffalo firefighter who suffered severe brain damage after being struck by debris in a burning building in 1995, had mustered only "yes" and "no" answers sporadically throughout the years, passing his days in front of a television that he could barely see because his vision was so badly blurred.
I am no doctor, but it seems like this man was in a worse condition of those on feeding tubes (since he was obviously on) - but his family and friends showed great determination by keeping him alive.
After his abrupt awakening on Saturday, family members said, he was resting and slowly reconnecting with friends and relatives. Some friends said he was unable to see them, but could recognize them by their voices.
Posted by Ian at May 3, 2005 10:38 PM
Articles Related to News
- Life Support Battle in NY -
Nov 10, 2008
- Arizona Case Parallels that of Terri Schiavo -
Jun 15, 2007
- March for Life Welcomes the Schindler Family (video) -
Jan 27, 2007
- More Disciplinary Proceedings -
Jan 14, 2007
- Update on Robert Schindler -
Jan 11, 2007
- March for Life Recap -
Jan 08, 2007
- Attorney for Terri Schiavo's Parents Still Speaks Up for Disabled People -
Dec 13, 2006
- British Doctors: let us kill disabled babies -
Nov 05, 2006
- Suzanne Vitadamo Tells About Family's Fight -
Oct 05, 2006
- Haleigh Poutre Making Progress -
Sep 05, 2006