« Shiavo case Redux in Georgia: Mae Magouirk...not comatose,not vegetative,not terminal, BEING STARVED AND DEHYDRATED TO DEATH (Update) | Main | Revealing the Hidden Agenda: Checkbook Euthanasia »

April 6, 2005

Minus the mourned, family and friends remember Terri Schiavo

(ABC Action News)GULFPORT - Friends and family members gathered to say their final goodbyes to Terri Schiavo last night.

The struggle over the brain-damaged woman's life and death captivated the nation after her feeding tube was removed last month, and emotions in the controversial case clearly remain high.

There were few dry eyes in the house Tuesday night at the Most Holy Name of Jesus church in Gulfport, where at least 1,000 people packed themselves in, and in some cases stood outside, to remember Terri.

"I wasn't going to speak tonight, but I thought it was important to share something with you," Terri's brother Bobby Schindler told the gathered mourners.

Fighting back tears, Bobby told surprised guests that the family had received a Purple Heart in the mail from a Vietnam veteran. Holding the medal up for all to see, Bobby explained that the soldier told them in a letter that accompanied the award that Terri was like a hero.

Even Terri's death can still impact lives, the family's spiritual advisor said. Terri's online memorial site can be viewed here.
VIDEO and more ...

Cross posted at Hyscience ...

Posted by richard at April 6, 2005 10:03 PM

Comments

I am tired of these petitions that are signed and sit in cyberspace with outdated language. Therefore, I have started the first on Judge Greer. On April 20th, I will print everything out and send it to the name/address listed on the petition.

Please tell everyone to sign this petition. Greer needs to go.

Posted by: Julie at April 6, 2005 10:14 PM

Thank you Julie, good job! I signed it.

I wish there were more prosecutors like Charles "Joe" Hynes in King's County NY. Judges don't scare him a bit. He has brought about a dozen of them to account along with their attorney counterparts in just the past two years. I read that his passion for exposing court corruption came from helplessly watching his own mother be abused through the family court system. I gotta LOVE that.

But show me where else in America county prosecutors, local police or attorney's general are taking corrupt judges to task? Do judges only commit crimes (yes, malfeasance and obstruction of justice are criminal acts even when committed by a judge) in NY?

Posted by: that woman at April 6, 2005 11:01 PM

Thanks, Julie. I went ahead and signed it.

MrCoffee

Posted by: MrCoffee at April 6, 2005 11:49 PM

Julie that is good-what about one for Whitmore though-seriously we seem to have forgotten that he defied congress-should he not at least have a petition? I am just figuring that you know how to do it.

Posted by: alwayschooselife at April 7, 2005 1:54 AM

THANK YOU Julie! Great work...I will pass the news around to all my friends. Wonderful job.

Posted by: juleni at April 7, 2005 8:25 AM

Does anyone know why Michael has not yet buried Terri's ashes? I assume this is to be so because I have not read a report of her ashes being buried or scattered.

Posted by: extremecatholic at April 7, 2005 10:32 AM

I was wondering the same thing, it is really quiet on Micheal Schivao's part about burying her ashes, he did not do it "yet" which I thought was very disrespectful. Judge Greer ruled that Micheal MUST tell the Schindler's the location of the Burial Grounds, and also the date for the Memorial Service. So far, they have not known it "yet". I guess Micheal is putting off the inevitable and making them "suffer" some more by adding the mystery to the whole thing by waiting to bury her ashes and waiting for the Memorial Service. I think it is very disrespecful on the part for Terri's sake since she is Catholic. Does anybody know what Religion Micheal was? I wasn't sure if he was also Catholic, but I am sure they were married in a Catholic Church. Most Catholic gets Memorial right away and Burial as well. Micheal waited more than a week? There is no honor from Micheal to Terri. If he really loves her, he should bury her and have this Memorial Service. I hear that Micheal and his Family is moving from Florida because of "so called death threats". But there is a new Florida Law that tells People that they cannot "attack" other People. Crazy uh? They just passed this new Law for Florida Today, and cannot even pass for the Rights for Terri? Government has gone bonkers going backwards.

Posted by: momforGod at April 7, 2005 6:10 PM