« DeLay seeks congressional review of Schiavo case |
| Judge Boyd has Disentangled himself from the Magouirk Case »
April 14, 2005
Ken Mullinax on his mother's visit with Mae
- via email
UAB Medical Center spoke with Beth Gaddy and they arranged a humanitarian visit for Ken's Mom and her brother Buddy each day at 5:30 PM CST with no stipulations. Ken Mullinax's mother, Mae's sister, was allowed to visit with Mae 30 minutes late yesterday.
Ken is still filing before the newly appointed Judge on Monday in LaGrange, Ga.
Ken on Mae's condition:
(1) Mom spoke to the charge nurse and Mae is listed as stable....that is fabulous for a women who was in hospice.
(2) Mae has an IV in her arm and is being hydrated.
(3) Mae has a temporary nasal feeding tube.
(4) The charge nurse said Mae's heart is doing well.
(5) Mae is cognizant.
(6) Mae recognized Mom and spoke in sentences.
(7) Mae is still speaking softly because her throat is still very sore from dehydration but she is speaking.
(8) She is in the critical care unit but stable.
When I visited my Mom at the hospital early this morning she (Lonnie Ruth McLeod Mullinax-Mae's sister)told me "I visited with sister Mae last evening and she looks so much better now. Mae opened her eyes and when she saw me said 'where you been Lonnie?' I asked her how she felt and she whispered 'I can't buck dance.' I stayed with her for 30 minutes and when I got ready to leave, she grabbed my hand and said: 'Bring me a brown sack and take me home.' That was a saying of Momma's that means pack up my stuff.
Posted by richard at April 14, 2005 11:06 AM
Articles Related to News
- Life Support Battle in NY -
Nov 10, 2008
- Arizona Case Parallels that of Terri Schiavo -
Jun 15, 2007
- March for Life Welcomes the Schindler Family (video) -
Jan 27, 2007
- More Disciplinary Proceedings -
Jan 14, 2007
- Update on Robert Schindler -
Jan 11, 2007
- March for Life Recap -
Jan 08, 2007
- Attorney for Terri Schiavo's Parents Still Speaks Up for Disabled People -
Dec 13, 2006
- British Doctors: let us kill disabled babies -
Nov 05, 2006
- Suzanne Vitadamo Tells About Family's Fight -
Oct 05, 2006
- Haleigh Poutre Making Progress -
Sep 05, 2006