« Louisville Rally Calls for End to Democrat-Led 'Pattern of Discrimination' | Main | The Latest on Teron Francis »

April 25, 2005

Important Email Message Concerning Charlotte Wyatt

Topics: Action Items, International, News

(Just noticed, sorry about the delay in posting.)

- From Julie
I received an email this morning from Hannah, with an updated request regarding Baby Charlotte! Could you possibly post this on the Blogs for Terri site?

"Darren & Debbie are asking if it would be at all possible to bring in a pro-life doctor from elsewhere, with some knowledge in this field, to do an independent assessment on Charlotte. Would you know of any leads, or how we might go about this? They feel strongly that the NHS is not working for her best interest, and just now it seems as if maybe an American doctor might be able to make a less politicized assesment than a British doctor.

-Hannah"

Answer via comments and/or email to BlogsForTerri or Julie at juleni@wowway.com

Posted by richard at April 25, 2005 10:22 PM

Articles Related to Action Items, International, News:

Comments

Juleni you can't remember EVERY THING.

RottyPup, Always, Lydia,

Apropos of our conversation last night, I still think we should make Charlotte a hot potato only on an international scale. Obviously (to me, anyway) a critical light needs to be shone on the medical nightmare in England. That's the worst good old boys club I've ever heard of.

Posted by: mary et. al. at April 26, 2005 8:45 AM

Juleni,
I've sent you email with a couple of addresses.

Posted by: abigail at April 26, 2005 10:49 AM

Agreed Mary-you know what scares me even more-this is the same kind of system that some would like to see here. That would fit the bill just perfectly. An American National Health Care System-paid for by our taxes, where the government (all branches included of course) really would have all the say in what happens with the money-and what does not happen with it. You think it is hard to get the courts to keep people alive now-imagine what it would be if they had the extra ammunition of tax payer money. Frightening.
The good news....Charlotte is alive-she is going to get the help she needs.

Posted by: alwayschooselife at April 26, 2005 11:45 AM

I just sent out a bunch of email-one that might have some results is the Baptist Health System. They have a bunch of their own hospitals and many of the doctors I am looking for email addresses for from my list of pro-life doctors are doctors at those hospitals.
If anyone is interesed here is their mission statement and email-it will probably take more than just me to get them to help
Our Mission

As a witness to the love of God, revealed through Jesus Christ, the Baptist Health System is committed to ministries that enhance the health, dignity and wholeness of those we serve through Integrity, Compassion, Advocacy, Resourcefulness, and Excellence.

Our Values

Integrity
To honor God in all we do.
Compassion
To minister to the body, mind and spirit of those entrusted to our care. To treat each other as we would want to be treated.
Advocacy
To improve the well-being of people in our communities.
Resourcefulness
To advance the benefits of faith-based, not-for-profit health care in our communities. To make the best use of our God-given resources.
Excellence
To support education and research to enhance performance. To continuously improve ourselves and our services.
Our Vision

Inspired by the vision of our founders, with our physician partners and associates, Baptist Health System will transform its structures and services to create excellence as a faith-based, community-focused health care system.

EMAIL IS info@bhsala.com

website is http://www.baptistmedical.org

My thinking in this is that you write it on your page you are going to be asked to live by it soooooo.

Posted by: alwayschooselife at April 26, 2005 12:36 PM

Mary, I certainly agree with you that exposing the iniquities of the British NHS is a good thing. And so is keeping light shining on Charlotte. I don't think it will remove her DNR order, but it can't hurt, and it is always good for people to know the truth in any event.

The British system is indeed in very bad shape, and we should oh-so-strongly resist anything of the kind here. The funny thing is that conservatives are called un-compassionate for opposing socialized medicine, but the "compassion" of socialized medicine is often murderous, and that is becoming more and more obvious.

Do any of you know about this one? A few years ago a couple from the Island of Malta discovered they were expecting Siamese twins. Hoping for the help of the "superior" medical care in Britain, they flew there before the babies were born. They were born with only one pair of lungs and heart between the two of them, housed in the body of one of the little girls. To separate them would mean, in essence, cutting the torso of the child without heart and lungs off from the only heart and lungs she had and thus inevitably killing her. The doctors decided, however, that this was not only ethically _allowable_ but _imperative_. The parents did not want to do it. They were willing for one or both of the girls to die naturally but viewed the separation surgery as actively killing the one child. The doctors went to court. Eventually, the highest British courts ruled that the doctors must be allowed to perform the surgery against the parents' wishes. The children were separated, and the body of the dead little girl was put into her mother's arms. Then they went home to Malta with the living child.

It was at that point that I decided I don't really want to visit England after all.

Posted by: Lydia at April 26, 2005 2:37 PM

Lydia,

England was the one country I always wanted to visit. Like you, no more. I feel sorry for every one that lives there. And I count it a gift of God that we aren't in the same boat, for we have certainly had plenty of powerful people pushing this. It is indeed murderous.

Always,

You give me good news, I think. Is there more news about our baby? I truly hope and pray so. Great find on the Baptist hospitals. Have e-mail, will write. Keep those addresses coming, please, and thank you so very much.

Posted by: mary et. al. at April 26, 2005 3:45 PM

Alwayschooselife, thank you so much for the contact for the Baptist hospital! I will contact them, also, and forward their info to Hannah.

Abigail, also want to openly thank you so much! Have forwarded your information to Hannah, as well, and will also contact, myself.

Everyone, please please really pray tonight for a contact which may be quite feasible, but we are waiting to hear back from Charlotte's parents about it, through Hannah. Part of what needs prayer is for discernment as to if the doctor would need to go to England, or if Charlotte would have to be brought to the US for the doctor's help. Please, please pray! God must make a way!

Posted by: juleni at April 26, 2005 6:06 PM

Will pray, Juleni, but after RottyPup explained the situation there, I don't see how Baby has any chance whatsoever in England. As I see it, it is another case of Terri in Pinellas County.

Posted by: mary et. al. at April 26, 2005 6:54 PM

HEY. THIS CAME FROM LIFE UK-WORTH A TRY.Thank you for your email. If you are looking for a pro-life doctor I would recommend that you contact the Christian Medical Fellowship. Their address is Partnership House, 157 Waterloo Road, London. SE1 8XN, Tel: 020 7928 4694.

Kind regards,
Martin Foley
Chief Executive
LIFE
Newbold Terrace
Leamington Spa
Warks
CV32 4EA

Tel: 01926 834655
Fax: 01926 336497

www.lifeuk.org
Registered National Charity no. 274144

Posted by: alwayschooselife at April 27, 2005 11:17 AM

This is just an update-I emailed Zoe's place yesterday-I posted the info above-they have offered Charlotte a place. I do not know when that was but this is the email I received back todayDear Jody

I know that you have made contact with our Life Headquarters staff and with Zoƫ's, I will liaise with both and e-mail you as soon as possible.

Just so that you are aware, Zoe's offered a place for Charlotte.

Yours sincerely