BlogsforTerri

« Senator Sandoval - Will You Help Clara? | Main | BREAKING NEWS - AFTER NEARLY 30 DAYS CLARA IS BEING FED »

April 17, 2005

Felos' Road Show For Death

You're not going to believe this, but on the other hand - given the bizare circumstances of everything else related to Terri Schiavo's death, you probably guessed it already. George Felos is apparently seeking speaking engagements, for money of course, to further the cause of judicial homicide and social acceptance of active euthanasia.

- from a reader's email

George Felos has enlisted the help of a talent agency to help sell his death package.

(...) He fought successfully in U.S. courts at every level—and overcame the Congress and both Governor Bush and President Bush—for Terri Schiavo’s right-to-die.

(...) At the podium, Felos electrifies audiences by using the Schiavo case as an illustration to explore the clash between fundamental liberties and how individual constitutional rights and ethics are eroding in today’s society.

(...) Felos has championed the cause of death with dignity since the late 1980s, when he argued the landmark case in Florida, which established an individual’s constitutional right to refuse or have withdrawn unwanted medical treatment. Since that time – as an attorney, author (Litigation as Spiritual Practice), educator, Hospice patient volunteer, and Board Chair of the world’s largest non-profit hospice, he has guided patients and their families in their quest for humane and dignified end-of-life-care.

(...) Mr. Felos frequently appears on television and radio programs around the world, including Today, Good Morning America, Early Show, Larry King Live, On the Record with Greta Van Sustern, The O'Reilly Factor, Inside Edition, All Things Considered, and the BBC, among others. He resides in Florida.

Is Michael Schiavo next to join a road show for getting rid of unwanted spouses, spouses that are too disabled or handicapped to speak for themselves?

cross posted at Hyscience

Posted by richard at April 17, 2005 08:22 AM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Felos' Road Show For Death:

» The George Felos' Road Show For Death from Hyscience
George Felos is apparently seeking speaking engagements, for money of course, to further the cause of judicial homicide and social acceptance of active euthanasia. [Read More]

Tracked on April 17, 2005 08:37 AM

» Deep Down You Had to Know this was Coming from J Rob's House of Opinions
For a small fee, Felos will come tell you of his heroic fight for "Terri Schiavo's right to die" Anybody following the case knows what a load of malarky that is. What he fought for was Michael Schiavo's right to kill his wife. [Read More]

Tracked on April 17, 2005 04:46 PM

» Schiavo Politics from Sierra Faith
Not only is George Felos planning to get richer from the fact Terri Schiavo is now ashes, his former wife is planning to cash in as well. [Read More]

Tracked on April 18, 2005 03:09 AM

Comments

No, not surprised. Just disgusted. The need to thoroughly discredit felos just took several jumps up on my priority list. And Juleni, if you're about, you might add that to the list. When this nutsy radical stuff started happening years ago most logical people laughed and said it will never happen. A few years later they weren't laughing any more, but they were running way, way behind in their attempts to corral it. felos needs to stopped soon before he gets too much of a head start.

Posted by: mary et. al. [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 17, 2005 09:46 AM

If the speaking engagements do not work out, he could always sell 'snake-oil' as a sideline.

Posted by: TuGGer [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 17, 2005 10:17 AM

Thank you for the chuckle, TuGGer.

Posted by: mary et. al. [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 17, 2005 10:39 AM

This is sick. We can picket at his speaking engagement or boycott the companies that hire him.

Posted by: kay [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 17, 2005 12:04 PM

Just wondering...
Why as blogs"for"terri, are we refering to Terri as Schiavo or Terri Schiavo in recent articles, when her family has (from what I have read about the memorial masses they have held) stopped refering to her even as Terri Schindler-Schiavo and started refering to her as just Terri Schindler. Refering to Terri as just Schiavo in articles in this blog makes it so impersonal and crude to me and in my opinion Terri Schiavo and Schiavo are not names that should be used in original articles in this blog. We cannot stop journalists from refering to Terri as such, but should blogs"for"Terri do the same??

Posted by: sujata [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 17, 2005 12:09 PM

It would be nice if BlogsforTerri could organize state or regional coordinators. We are much more powerful when we band together.

I stumbled across some information on transplants this week that was very troubling. Here are a couple links. Let me know what you think.

Posted by: kay [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 17, 2005 12:15 PM

This was my greatest fear...that Terri's terror would be used by Felos and Michael to promote the "Right to Die" campaign...they will continue to put words in her mouth even after she is dead.
They will continue to use her as the poster child for the civil right to die....Whata terribl abuse for a woman whose motto was 'Where there is life, there is hope" and again her parents are powerless to stop them.

Felos' message -that we should succomb to the inevitability of death by controlling when, where and how we die- is anything but dignity. This man who clains he was so sensitive to Terri's needs..had more decorations,flowers, stuffed animals and MUSIC in her room when she was dying than was allowed when she was alive. Apparently in his philosophy death is the time to shower each other with signs of love ...not while we are alive. What a show he put on...! He was the circus.....and ichael who had not embraced Terri for years completed the scene with the greiving husband embracing his lost wife. Now how does this fit in with their belief that Terri actually died on Feb 25, 1990 ???? Their actions do not match their words....what is so dignified about dehydrating with a stuffed animal under your arm?
As for me...I want to go to my death kicking and screaming and clawing at the graound as I am dragged away....yep that is my idea of dignified..using every ounce of my strength to praise life! Nix the stuffed animals please!

Posted by: JoJoFox [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 17, 2005 12:19 PM

JoJoFox,
Well said! I completely agree with you.

Posted by: kay [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 17, 2005 12:24 PM

"He hath but a short time"

Posted by: Anna_Nordin [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 17, 2005 01:04 PM

Registered sex offenders are allowed to roam the streets, yet another child loosing her life because of a judge's liberal compassion. A woman is starved to death because of someone's contention that it is the compassionate thing to do. And there seems to be very little horror felt by anyone in this country over the fact that, while six million innocent lives were lost in slaughterhouses a half century ago, the number is now over fifty million innocent dead in this country's slaughterhouses. Does anyone have any comment on the following scriptural verses which have, at least for me, been coming to mind on frequent occasions as of late?

Luke 22:36 And He said to them, "But now ... whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.

Posted by: dea [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 17, 2005 01:18 PM

Dea
About the scripture
Jesus came into the world to tilt the balance; not to maintain it....he came to disturb the complacent, ruffle the apathetic and to stir passion in the unpassionate. He came to remind us all that it is G-d who runs the show...not politics...and that may mean being ready to defend ourselves; and to do so well. I believe 'sword' can have many meanings...it can mean to use our well sharpened skills...writers, speakers, artists, teachers, physicians....to use our sharpened strengths to fight the battleand be victorious. I urge caution when speaking about 'sword' as an instrument of murder...we do have the Ten Commandments also which tell us to NOT kill...it lists no exceptions...as well as Jesus's example in the Garden of Gethsemane when he rebuked those who used a sword to severe the ear of a centurian who were arresting him. Jesus never urged us to harm our neighbor.....but he did teach us to resist evil with all our might.We can love our neighbor without loving their sins.
That's my take on it.....helpful?

Posted by: JoJoFox [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 17, 2005 01:44 PM

"And there seems to be very little horror felt by anyone in this country over the fact that, while six million innocent lives were lost in slaughterhouses a half century ago"

There were 5 million more victims of the holocaust!!! but they were not Jewish http://www.holocaustforgotten.com/

This sword we cannot use...
Matthew 26:52
“Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

But this sword we are to use...

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Posted by: sujata [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 17, 2005 02:14 PM

Thanks, guys. I'm trying to find some reasonable balance myself. (By the way, I posted this same question on a local board, um - more radical responses, of course. I'm not exactly certain how a couple of local suggestions are really pertinent, nor how they intend to use the thermonuclear bombs they suggested.)

Posted by: dea [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 17, 2005 02:52 PM

George Felos might think that he will get people to listen, and there are fools who will listen and believe every word that the creep says. However, he will not last for long once the questions are being asked.

MS is the biggest idiot around. He could not get his mother's name correct, and I am amazed that he has been seen as someone who is credible. If he went on a lecture circuit he would wilt under any heavy questioning, especially if George the minder was not beside him to make sure that he guards his tongue.

Felos is just too creepy for words. So he thinks of himself as a hero because he opposed the President of the United States. Hmmm.... the Bush brothers might be interested in this latest form of crowing.

Posted by: Maggie4life [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 17, 2005 03:22 PM

Well, MS was on Larry King live the night of March 18 and flat out said "We don't know what Terri wanted, but this is what we want" with his 'minder' sitting there right next to him. Hardly anybody seemed to notice, or care. It seems this pair has the multitudes charmed, for some reason. I can't figure it out.

It comes as no surprise that this snake in the grass is already planning media events and speaking engagements to capitalize on the horrendous actions they inflicted against Terri and her family. I think we have to have a presence in the media and on the speaking circuit as well to try to minimize the damage that they will do.

Posted by: Eyes Wide Open [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 17, 2005 03:30 PM

Dea:

Matt 10:34 "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Twenty-five years ago, January 25th - the Feast of the Conversion of St. Paul - that verse brought about my 're-conversion'. As a fallen-away Catholic, bumping into that verse caused an immediate conflict with the cozy image of Baby Jesus that I had carried from my childhood.

I asked "Who is this that speaks?" He answered, "I love you. This is Jesus who speaks."

Dea, this verse fits perfectly with your beautiful post on Terri's smile: He was with her. Since that post, I have meditated on your words that gave me so much hope and peace.

Our job is prayer, and do what we can, in that order. It is the Lord who invites us to trust Him, before family, before causes, before action. In the stillness of our hearts He speaks with us, with infinite tenderness. My life, or Terri's, or Michael's, or George's is infinitely precious to Him who died horribly on that Cross.

Our sense of justice is easily offended by the machinations of evil. I find that it's consoling to think that before Jesus died on that Cross, ten thousand were crucified before Him (they ran out of crosses). He had the power, as Son of God, to stop the terror, stop the violence, but what He did was to love -- even those who persecuted Him. He chose not causes but persons who were already rejected: the thief, the adulteress, the tax-collector, me - and loves us to overshadow our sins with His great love. He asks us to do the same.

I still see Terri's beautiful smile - she heard the Good Shepherd's voice - and as many martyrs have experienced, she received His strength to endure her agony since it was fused with His.

That same sword pierced Mary's heart, full of grace, so that the thoughts of many would be revealed.

He offers us a choice: love Him with all our heart, mind, soul, strength, and He will give us the ability to love those who persecute us, or those who choose evil. Or we may choose the other, more frequented, road where we will perish.

So, George, who seems to be heading down the wrong road, really needs our prayers (in spite of what he has done or might do). He is as much my brother as Terri is my sister.

I apologize for my earlier facetious comment. May the Good Shepherd seek out George and all his companions and bring them to repentance.

Posted by: TuGGer [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 17, 2005 03:35 PM

May he, indeed, TuGGer. Still a little call a spade a spade humor isn't outside the pale. St. Theresa of Avila, my favorite saint, had a a very down to earth sense of humor. It was she who said, "God save me from a house full of women." And when a shocked lady caught St. T. eating partridge one day, she merely retorted, "There is a time for penance and a time for partridge." Real saints are real humans and they can see the humor of a charletan selling snake oil.

Posted by: mary et. al. [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 17, 2005 04:58 PM

For some reason I don't see Michael Schiavo being able to capitalize on his new-found fame.

He should go the way of O.J., and if he's smart, move from Florida and change his name.

Posted by: Susan Nunes [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 17, 2005 05:10 PM

One should not profit from criminal activity. I found this tonight and wanted to share with other's who supported Terri's "right to live".

info@rothtalent.com

Roth Talent Associates
530.792.0162
e-mail
fax: 530.792.0124
803 2nd Street, Suite 2G
Davis, California 95616

Any support to facilitate the ideals of George Felos will result in a substantial, if not total loss for your organization. No one with one ounce of decency will spend hard earned money to purchase anything that devil's advocate produces.

Rest assured, I won't buy anything you produce. I won't watch any televised or movie production that promotes his warped ideologies in support of the right-to-die movement! I won’t purchase a magazine or book support this angel of death!

He has managed through deception to alter the very meaning of our nation's Constitution and Bill-of-Rights and has corrupted the courts, giving license to kill our disabled, mentally challenged and our most precious senior citizens. After they have achieve those goals, will they then go after everyone who doesn't generate an income over $100K/yr!

Terri Schiavo's death was a travesty that should NEVER been permitted to happen in this country. Citizens are outraged and rising up to stop this insanity. George Felos can, for the moment, enjoy his perceived success. It is short-lived and he will soon find himself in the graybar hotel, cleaning house, cooking meals and doing laundry for Bubba. He’ll be in like company with Michael Schiavo and George Greer. They won’t be playing golf and having drinks at the country club.

Posted by: Believer In Truth [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 18, 2005 12:30 AM

Believer in Truth,

that is a very good letter. If that rat ever came to Australia I will not be amongst those who listen to his brand of poison.

I think others should take the lead from Believer in Truth and also send a letter to this agency.

What a joke when they write about that book as though it is some great piece of literature. They should realise that it belongs with the trash.

Posted by: Maggie4life [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 18, 2005 03:38 AM

I had just finished reading an article "Dean: Schiavo case will be used against GOP" before I logged on to this site and read the above article on Felos and the comments. I'm sorry, I know that I need to act like the Christian that I am, but I am so ANGRY!!! My sadness over this case turned to anger a couple of weeks ago when Terri past away. I want the truth to come out, and for someone to be held accountable to what was allowed to happen to Terri. I can't imagine the horror that her parents and siblings went through, and continue to go through, because of the heartless people that we live among today. The media continues to support Michael Schiavo's side of this horrible story, evidenced by all of the articles published over the weekend concerning the DCF abuse reports. I have not found one, that didn't read, that all of the 89 reports of abuse and neglect were unfounded, which is so far from the truth!!! Most of them were not even investigated, or they used the hospice employee's interviews as "clear and convincing evidence", where Felos continues to be a volunteer, and was on the Board of Directors. Something has got to be done to get the truth out about Terri and what really happened here, because the majority of American people do not know the truth. Every time that I read or hear an article like the ones above, I immediately write to them, knowing that I'm just waisting my time. They all have their own selfish agenda, and no one is going to stop them from spreading it.

Anyway, one thing that I wish that all of you would consider doing, if you haven't already, is to log onto Congress.org and write to Tom DeLay, for one, and thank him for standing up for Terri. And then to every other Representative and Senator asking them to stand behind him. He is the only one, from what I can tell, that has not turned his back on this case, because of the bogus and very misleading polls. He did apologize for the stong comments that he made after Terri died, but did not back down from asking the Judiciary Committee to look into this case. Some Democrats, not all, are attacking him from every angle and are threatening to use Terri's case against him in the upcoming elections. This is a quote from Howard Dean while speaking at an "Access Now for Gay and Lesbian Equality" event on Friday, after accusing the congressional Republicans of "grandstanding" in the Terri Schiavo case,

"This is going to be an issue in 2006, and its going to be an issue in 2008 because we're going to have an ad with a picture of (House Majority Leader) Tom DeLay saying, 'Do you want this guy to decide whether you die or not? Or is that going to be up to your loved ones?"' and goes on to say "The issue is: Are we going to live in a theocracy where the highest powers tell us what to do? Or are we going to be allowed to consult our own high powers when we make very difficult decisions?"

Karen Finney, Democratic National Committee spokeswoman, defended Dean's comments, saying "they were not a reflection of him trying to politicize (RIGHT!!!) the issue, but rather he was speaking to 'Republicans intrusiveness into people's lives.'" And that "This is another example of a Republican party that is overreaching," she said. "Tom DeLay and his cronies want to intrude in personal family matters. Democrats believe that individuals and their families should be trusted to make these very personal decisions, not Tom DeLay and not the government."

First of all, they seem to forget, that there were many Democrats that voted for the bill to help save Terri's life. It is so obvious who is really playing politics here. This is not a political issue, this is an issue between right and wrong and the American people need to know that, "Terri had not been in a persistant vegetative state, with no hope of recovery, and hooked up to life support for 15 years. And that Michael was NOT a loving husband that had stayed by his wife's side all of this time and was only trying to follow through on her wishes. This is the way that 90% of the media reported this case and continues to do so. We have got to change that. They need to know that there was considerable doubt as to Terri being in a PVS, and that, NOT ALL DOCTORS, felt that she was. They also need to know that if Terri was not, in fact, in a PVS, then she suffered a great deal before she died. The list just goes on and on, to include all of the lies and coverups that went on behind the scenes. All of this is just so frustrating to me and it seems like everywhere you turn, you hit another brick wall. If any of you have any suggestions on how to deal with this, I would love to hear them, and am willing to do anything to help bring justice to Terri and her family.

And all I have to say to Howard Dean, "BRING IT ON".

Posted by: Becka [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 18, 2005 03:59 AM

I wonder how many people are aware that not only is Greer just a probate attorney but Felonius Felos is only a real estate lawyer. So I guess that means we treat humans as property. God knows Schiavo treated (as do most abusive husbands) Terri as if she were his property. They both seem to have ties to Scientology as well.

Posted by: Never-Forget [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 18, 2005 06:47 AM

Oh, I do dearly hope Becka and Never-Forget find this. Never-Forget, that is 'zacly my point. We must put an end to this idea that lives can be litigated in courts which deal with property. We've let this go on since Karen Ann Q. Shame on us.

Becka, hang tight. Don't you see the light is shining in places where only deep, deep darkness has prevailed for many years now. Everything we are uncovering is actually being uncovered by the Sun of God. We are going to have a magnificent rat hunt.

Posted by: mary et. al. [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 18, 2005 08:35 AM

Becka,

Its ok for Christians to be angry at the sight of injustice. In fact we should!! Jesus did get angry at the vendors at the temple, remember? Anger for the right cause is a good thing. Yes, we have to pray for murderers, but we also have to rescue the victims from the hands of murderers, not stand by and watch.

Posted by: sujata [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 18, 2005 09:10 AM

Thanks for great posts everyone. Felos and his client make me ill. I pray also that they might see the light of truth, and yes, that justice is brought to Terri. Conversion happened with Norma McCorvey of Roe V. Wade, so it could happen.

Anger about this is what spurred me to action, to write letters, to make phone calls, to even figure out how to try to blog.

I am going to try to do thank you letters etc this week to those who stuck their necks out for Terri and tried to help. I am also trying to get more informed on the constitution, reading books about the Bill of Rights and the one called "Men in Black" about the Supreme Court justices. Better to argue our position, armed with facts.

Posted by: I hope [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 18, 2005 01:40 PM

Oh, true, I hope. We need our bloggers desparately now. The plot is thickening, the evil are riding this to what they hope is victory and our soldiers are where?? Please come back people and let's turn the tide.

Posted by: mary et. al. [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 18, 2005 05:36 PM

Anger isn't good or bad, it's all in how you use the anger that creates good or bad. Anger at this evil will cause much good.

In response to these blathering politicians maybe we could have the slogan: "Murder is not a private family matter", or "Judicial homicide is not a private famly matter".

They want to continue to frame this as a private, right-to-die, family issue. But it's not. Let's keep calling them on that. Terri wasn't "allowed to die", because she wasn't dying to begin with. She was starved and dehydrated, and "made dead", without clear and convincing evidence as to her condition, her wishes, or even as to how she arrived in her condition in the first place.

Posted by: Eyes Wide Open [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 18, 2005 07:36 PM

George Felos on the talk circuit and signing up at a talent agency? The only talent that weasel has is to murder poor disabled people legally. It really makes me really sick and angry to see that Felos and Michael Schiavo have gotten away with murdering Terri. I hope they are all exposed for the vile and evil monsters they are!

Posted by: Bella [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 21, 2005 03:10 PM