« Magouirk family to ask for visitation rights |
| Before You Sign . . . On the Dotted Line »
April 12, 2005
Email Message From Ken Mullinax on current situation: Late Night Update
I, along with a several other bloggers, received an email from Ken Mullinax tonight. After receiving the email, I later had two lengthy conversations with Ken, in order to be sure that I would be posting the very latest information about the current situation and about his intentions. The following message is from the updated email that Ken sent subsequent to our last telephone conversation at 11 PM ET.
- Email received from Ken Mullinax at 11:10 PM ET
My uncle and Mother are beside themselves about not being able to see Mae. Since we were the ones that advocated for Mae's life, we are amazed that we are now shut out of her care by the very person that sought to have her have quite a different outcome by being placed in a hospice. So I called our Ga. Attorney, Jack Kirby, and asked him to approach the court and Beth's lawyer, Danny Daniel, and see what their official reasoning for Beth's position is and to offer that if they would only allow Buddy and Mom to see Mae, I would be willing be denied access to Mae, although I failed to understand why Beth would wish to do so.
On the other hand, there is Beth's compromise for visitation:
Attorney Daniels, speaking for Beth Gaddy, told our attorney, Jack Kirby yesterday that Beth would be willing to allow us access to Mae Magouirk, if and only if, "Kenny would not give another media interview or speak to another blogger or do anything, either passive or proactive, which will give information or shed public attention to the case of Mae Magouirk."
Although I originally desired to get some input and suggestions on whether or not to accept Beth's offer, I have since decided late tonight that to accept Beth's offer would hinder my ability to be an advocate for Mae's life, and so must reject any such restrictions or conditions. Since we have signed over to Beth's side of the family - all financial rights regarding Mae, we feel that having no conflicts of interest of any kind in the matter, we should be included in Mae's medical care consultations, as family. Were we the ones with the guardianship position, a position that Beth now holds by agreement but the spirit of which she has since violated, we would be including Beth as an important participant in our family decision-making process. I intend to work toward an equitable solution with these issues in mind, with the sole objective being that my Aunt Mae receive the proper medical and loving care that she deserves from ALL of her family - together.
UPDATE: I wish to remind readers that BlogsForTerri has offered Beth Gaddy an opportunity to provide her side of these matters, for posting on BlogsForTerri. This message was given to Judge Boyd twice via telephone, with Judge Boyd agreeing to delever the message to Beth Gaddy. That offer is still open, but has not been met by Beth Gaddy.
Posted by richard at April 12, 2005 9:27 PM
Articles Related to News
- Life Support Battle in NY -
Nov 10, 2008
- Arizona Case Parallels that of Terri Schiavo -
Jun 15, 2007
- March for Life Welcomes the Schindler Family (video) -
Jan 27, 2007
- More Disciplinary Proceedings -
Jan 14, 2007
- Update on Robert Schindler -
Jan 11, 2007
- March for Life Recap -
Jan 08, 2007
- Attorney for Terri Schiavo's Parents Still Speaks Up for Disabled People -
Dec 13, 2006
- British Doctors: let us kill disabled babies -
Nov 05, 2006
- Suzanne Vitadamo Tells About Family's Fight -
Oct 05, 2006
- Haleigh Poutre Making Progress -
Sep 05, 2006