« Husband Recovers after being Diagnosed as PVS | Main | FOX NEWS: Judge Declines to Order Reinsertion of Feeding Tube »

March 22, 2005

Topics: Action Items

- received via email from Cheryl Ford, RN at Fight4Terri@aol.com

A PRESS RELEASE ORGANIZED BY LOCAL SUPPORTERS OF TERRI SCHIAVO

A Call to Action - Terri Schiavo is now over 91 hours without food and water.

We the people of Florida and the Southern States have called all decent minded people to attend a special meeting with Bernie McCabe, State Attorney of the 6th district in Clearwater, Florida. The offices are located at 13355 49th Street N., the phone number is 727-464-6221. Directions link

Time and date are as follows...10:00 am on Tuesday morning March 22nd We will meet in the offices of Mr. McCabe and present our strong desire for his office to charge Judge Greer with aiding and abetting Michael Schiavo in domestic violence against Terri Schiavo. We will be demanding to have Judge Greer removed from the bench as unfit and prejudice to preside over any case involving a woman in distress. He is a danger to all disabled women.

Judge Greer has displayed his contempt for the welfare of women in general, please read the open letter from a former Lee County Sheriff.

We are inviting all Press and people of the Southern States who care about Terri, to attend this meeting. We are not asking for this meeting, but demanding it. It is time for the people of the South to take a stand for our Godly principles of life and liberty. We are not concerned with the Godless principles of those who place derelict judges in untouchable positions to rule over who lives and who dies! We will not be denied the right to rescue Terri.

Terri is able to eat on her own, follow this link. I personally talked with Terri's sister and was told that she is completely aware of almost everything going on. She shows emotions and can verbalize her feelings, in a difficult, but understood manner. Michael has denied Terri any therapy that could help her to regain movement or communicate. He has planned and executed the most flagrant act of Domestic Violence against a woman. Yet, he remains free and protected by judge Greer.

We ask that you sign a petition to impeach Greer... Also contained in this petition, are numerous "misdemeanor crimes" that Judge Greer has committed.

We are pleading with all civil minded people....come out and help us save Terri's life!

From Concerned Citizens

We urge you to send this press release out far and wide.

Posted by richard at March 22, 2005 6:09 AM

Articles Related to Action Items:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference URGENT REQUEST FOR ACTION - Terri Schiavo is now over 91 hours without food and water.:

» Urgent Request from Cao's Blog
A PRESS RELEASE ORGANIZED BY LOCAL SUPPORTERS OF TERRI SCHIAVO A Call to Action - Terri Schiavo is now over 91 hours without food and water. We the people of Florida and the Southern States have called all decent minded people to attend a special... [Read More]

Tracked on March 22, 2005 7:16 AM

» Terri Schiavo: Observations and links from JackLewis.net
Bumper sticker for Liberals:  Congress has no business denying an adulterous husband's right to torture his wife to death! Good... [Read More]

Tracked on March 22, 2005 10:05 AM

» URGENT REQUEST FOR ACTION - Terri Schiavo is now over 91 hours without food and water. :: Action Items :: BlogsforTerri from Crystal Clear
URGENT REQUEST FOR ACTION [Read More]

Tracked on March 22, 2005 10:08 AM

» What's Wrong With This Picture? from Out Of The Crapper
RE: Child molesters, rapists, murderers, baby killers, and serial killers: The burden of proof is on the state..... Besides being dearly loved by her family, maybe Terri's sad life has a greater purpose: To cause decent people to rise up and take... [Read More]

Tracked on March 22, 2005 10:29 AM

Comments

Judge just rules not to put back in feeding tube. What a coward--renders decision after he has time to hide. WHAT CAN BE DONE NOW?

Posted by: Barbara L. Russell at March 22, 2005 6:28 AM

Terri's lawyer yesterday couldn't point to an instance where she didn't receive due process.

Posted by: Jim at March 22, 2005 6:31 AM

Under South African law, if you birth a baby with mental defect equal what is seen in Terri you are still required to care for that child--which means feed it. If you do not carry out your obligations to the child you are guilty of child abuse. Also, under South African law you are responsible for that child until it is capable of fending for itself... So should your 40 yr old rocket scientist son have car accident leaving him in a Terri-like state you, as the parent, will have to take care of your child as its legal guardian. Should the son be married the spouse has to assume the responsibility. This responsibility cannot be shirked.

Do such precedents exist under US State/Fedral law? Were Terri 14, as opposed to 41, could her feeding tube be removed?

To my mind there has to be continuity of the law. What is right at 14 has to be right at 41 else it was wrong at 14 too.

I don't know... this may just be a meaningless mindfart or it may be important. It does seem a different way of looking at the matter from what I can see from the media.

Regards

Posted by: Tyrone at March 22, 2005 6:46 AM

Did you ever stop to think that the reason Terri's parents and siblings see things so differently than the doctors who have actually examined her is because they want and need to? I think if you love her, let her go home. It is very easy to want to believe that she has been mistreated so we can all feel good about rushing to her defense. Does it really make sense that everyone (all the doctors, all the judges, all the caregivers) except her family is wrong? Did you ever stop to think that there might be some guilt involved because of the disorder that contributed to her heart attack?
Let her go.

Posted by: Brenda at March 22, 2005 7:51 AM

Brenda, Please don't tell lies!!! All the doctors????

Here's a doctor's report

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.

Posted by: sujata at March 22, 2005 8:36 AM

Everyone! Did you see FINALLY the FOX exclusive interview this morning on Fox and Friends with the nurse, Iyer, telling her story about Michael trying to kill Terri with insulin injections; giving the "when is the bitch going to die" testimony; telling how Terri could say mommy, help me, and pain, and that she had responsive and correct responses to commands, etc.? They all seemed shocked at FOX. I have been sending this affidavit testimony to just about every cable news outlet and every program. Please get this out and tell FOX to play it over and over today each time they do the headline news. She said she thought Michael wanted Terri dead and she said there's been a gag order on any good progress in Terri's case. She said she was coming forth so that the truth gets to the public.

Posted by: chris K at March 22, 2005 8:55 AM

Brenda make a very valid point. This should not be a natinal issue. It's a private matter that Congress has no right to judge on. Further, if Republicans belive so much in the instinution of marrage, then why do they disregard the husbands right to make decisions regarding his own wife. Apperently he made this dicisision after many years of trying to help her. Now I read reports that Terri's cerebral cortex has been completely replaced by spinal fluid, so there's not even a brain to be damaged anymore. The whole thing is sad, but really souldn't our goverment be doing something else with it's time like Finding Bin ladin or fighting the war?

Posted by: thomas at March 22, 2005 8:56 AM

Chris, thanks for the heads up. Please watch the interview with Carla Iyer at http://www.thedavidallenshow.com/

Posted by: sujata at March 22, 2005 9:09 AM

SO DOES THIS MEAN TERRI IS TRASH? JUST BECAUSE OF SHE HAS BRAIN DAMAGE, DOES THIS MEAN SHE IS NOT ABLE TO BE PROTECTED OF HER BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS?

Posted by: Linda at March 22, 2005 9:20 AM

I will tell you exacly what you want to hear. Unfortunetly, yes, she is trash. It's sad to hear. None of us wish to be reduced to that, but as they say, ashes to ashes. Her husband made the statment that she died 15 years ago at it's time to let her go. I know you will not like my response, but the brain is what makes us unique.

Posted by: Thomas at March 22, 2005 9:27 AM

Beth, pls stop this troll

Posted by: sujata at March 22, 2005 9:34 AM

sujata, I'm sorry you view me as a troll. I will leave you and your blog (which I thought was here to further conversation) to your isolated world devoid of alternet ideas and opinions. You may have considered asking me to explain my position or tried to get to know my thoughts better. We could have learned something from each other. I came here to see if I could understand the other side of the argument beter. I now see that I was right about the people here. Close minded and proud of it. Thank you for your time.

Posted by: thomas at March 22, 2005 9:43 AM

No-- the soul is what makes us unique, and NO
soul in any being is trash.

Posted by: anne at March 22, 2005 9:48 AM

Am I allowed to respond or will I be accused of trolling?

Posted by: thomas at March 22, 2005 9:50 AM

Online Poker

Posted by: online poker at March 22, 2005 11:05 AM

I hope hundreds of outraged people attend that meeting. I've done what I could in calling and emailing and spreading the word. Unfortunately I've learned that most of my 'friends' share the attitude I've seen here.

For those people who have nothing better to do than agree that an innocent woman should continue to be tortured, why don't you find some better way to spend your time?

This is a place for those of us on the side of life, on the side of humanity and on the side that is disgusted at the cruel murder of this woman.

If you don't agree, please go elsewhere.

Posted by: Mo at March 22, 2005 11:32 AM

this is our legal system at work people, protect the guilty&punish the innocent.the legal system has no time for such idiotic notions like truth or justice.

Posted by: spike at March 22, 2005 11:40 AM

Only a blackened heart can truly say that Terri is trash. Unfortunately, I've heard such sentiments so many times I am utterly sickened. Aside from the mounting evidence suggesting Terri is not PVS, CAN feel pain, and is most likely the victim of abuse from a pathological husband, one cannot look at the picture of Terri smiling affectionately at her mother and truly think she is trash, can they? Sadly, tragically, I guess they can. I want to crawl into a hole, this pains me so. My heart is full of sorrow and aching for this woman. And for this country who has let this happen. You are right to think this should not have gotten as far as Congress - the courts in Florida should have helped Terri long ago by removing Michael as her gaurdian. Her case deserves the same investigation as even a criminal is entitled to, or a dog. You starve a dog in Florida, as one congressman said, and you could go to jail for a year according to Florida law. Something is definitely wrong with this picture, and with the hearts of Americans who cannot see Terri as a human. Pathetic. Who are the ones that are brain dead here? Or, maybe a more accurate term would be heart-dead. Those who disregard life so little. Maybe if Terri were a brain damaged dog PETA would step in. Sorry - Terri is just a...what do you call it...human? We don't fight for humans anymore in this country. We dispose of them. Especially if they make us uncomfortable.

Posted by: Jill at March 22, 2005 12:09 PM

Thomas, if you were brain-damaged, would you be thereby rendered "trash"?

If you learn one thing from visiting this blog, I hope it is this: Take responsibility for your own wishes, decide how you would want to be cared for, and MAKE A LIVING WILL.

Write your wishes down, so that there is no chance of any of your loved ones going through what Terri's family is going through right now.

Posted by: Mary in LA at March 22, 2005 1:47 PM

So you actualy want me to respond, I thought I was told to go away. Since I was mentioned by name, I will respond (beleve me, troll is a charge I have no wish to receive). If I was brain damaged beyond hope, then yes, I should have the plug pulled. You are also right that I should put this down in a living will. I also agree that this is the real conflict in the Terri case. It should also be pointed out that the word "trash" which seams to be rubbing all of you in such a great way was not the word I would have choses.

Since I am posting, I would also like to say that I aggree with Anne when she said "No-- the soul is what makes us unique". I think of the brain as what allows the soul to interact in the physical world. When it's damaged, the soul either leaves or stays, but now were are getting into things that can't be proved or held up in a court of law. As for what can be held up in a court of law, this case has been settled on many times before. I understand that you don't like the settlement of these cases, but taking a case to as many corts as needed until you get the ruling you like is not what I call fair. But I am sure none of you actualy care what I think or want to hear anything that difference from what you have already desided is fact.

Again, sorry to those who wish I would just crawl under the rock I live under.

Posted by: thomas at March 22, 2005 2:07 PM

chosen not choses (last word, first paragraph) sorry for the type-o

Posted by: thomas at March 22, 2005 2:09 PM

Thomas,

you are wrong when you say that it is the brain that allows the soul to interact. It is the other way around. If you did not have a soul you would be dead.

I have studied the evidence that has been provided and even though I am not a doctor I do know enough to tell you that what Dr. Cranford has stated is absolute rubbish, and in fact he has not provided scientific data to support his conclusions.

The biggest problem with Terri's case is that there are mysterious circumstances surrounding her collapse. She did not have a heart attack as claimed by her not so loving husband. She has a neck injury that is consistent with an attempt at strangulation. I would think that when someone is being asphyxiated oxygen is deprived to the brain and can cause brain injury.

Despite the fact that Michael Schiavo and George Felos continue with the line that Terri's brain is "liquified", this is not true. This is a ruse created by them to give the impression that Terri is beyond all help.

The probate judge has done everything possible to obstruct justice in this case. There is another issue that needs to be brought out into the open regarding the manner in which wards are abused by their guardians in Pinellas County. This can only happen because the probate judge is allowing it to happen. If the guardian wants the ward dead, then the probate judge gives the green light.

This is an untenable situation because it takes away the civil rights of the disabled, elderly, and the mentally ill. It opens the way to a situation that will rival the death scenes in Nazi Germany. You see prior to the Final Solution which led to the death camps for the Jews, the disabled and elderly were rounded up and murdered by the state. America is going in the same direction unless something can be done to overturn what George Greer has set in motion.

No one has listened to what Terri really wants. The man who claims to be her husband wants her dead because she is a reminder of what he did to her. He does not want the evidence around and he does not want her to recover so that she can tell the world what really happened.

I doubt that Terri was bulimic because the blood tests do not in fact point to bulimia in this instance. There was a high blood sugar reading and a low potassium reading. That suggests some kind of problem with her insulin production.

All of these things need to be fully investigated and Terri must remain alive whilst a full investigation is being carried out.

There are at least 20 neurologists who have given an opinion that differs from that of Dr. Cranston. They have stated that she needs the MRI and SPECT scans that have never been done. Without those scans it is not possible to come to the conclusion that Terri is PVS.

Michael Schiavo has a motive and the opportunity to ensure that when Terri was examined by Jay Wolfson that she would not be responsive. The evidence of a syringe suggesting that he had injected her with insulin was found in the trash can. Of course George Greer refused to hear of that evidence.

Posted by: Maggie at March 22, 2005 4:51 PM

ATTENTION... I will answer my own Question! No that does not mean Terri is trash. It is her white trash scum bag of a so called husband/ guardian who is the trash....if you will pardon the expression! Sorry about that but I am appauled by the unjust treatment this poor woman is going through! FORGIVE ME.

Posted by: Linda at March 22, 2005 8:40 PM

TO THE PERSON WHO POSTED THE ABOVE ARTICLE "URGENT REQUEST>>>" I attempted to e-mail the petition to impeach Greer to other people to sign but it will not allow me to forward it and I get a "restricted page" message. Please if you can, fix this problem. If we could e-mail the petition around as we could get many many more to sign.

Thank you.