« Violating Terri's Rights | Main | Complete List of Senators »

March 20, 2005

Topics: Legislative Action Items

Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Congressman Jim Davis(HE WANTS TO BE GOVERNOR BUT WON'T SUPPORT TERRI), both of Florida, need to be blasted with telephone calls immediately!

Let them know that should they fail to support Terri, we will ensure that their careers in Congress of the United States are over! Let them know that BlogsforTerri and the hundreds of bloggers and their hundreds of thousands of readers that support her will target them to be replaced. TELEPHONE CALLS FIRST - TIME IS SHORT

Jim Davis(Terri's own congressman who does not support her) contact info:

WASHINGTON:

10100 Pines Blvd.
Pembroke Pines, FL 33026
phone: 954-437-3936
fax: 954-437-4776

Posted by richard at March 20, 2005 4:28 PM

Articles Related to Legislative Action Items:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference URGENT ACTION: Congressman Jim Davis(FL) and Congresswoman Wasserman Schultz(FL) Need Convincing:

» What Can You Do To Help Terri Schiavo? from Common Sense Runs Wild
URGENT ACTION: Congressman Jim Davis(FL) and Congresswoman Wasserman Schultz(FL) Need to be convinced to help Terri Schiavo. [Read More]

Tracked on March 20, 2005 5:17 PM

» Failing the Litmus from Ilyka Damen
I think I've got to thank Judith Weiss for saving my sanity this morning with a beautiful collection of opinions, plus her own two cents, regarding Terri Schiavo. Were it not for this: It looks like your position on the... [Read More]

Tracked on March 21, 2005 11:10 AM

Comments

I just made a call to both Congressmen's offices. I got through on the first dial. These phone lines should be busy, with several attempts at getting through. Let's make more calls!

Posted by: Dan at March 20, 2005 5:50 PM

I just left a message for Jim Davis. Live people are answering the phones right now (6:00 EST in Florida/3:00 PST where I am).

Posted by: Mary in LA at March 20, 2005 6:00 PM

CALL THEM UP NOW

Ask why is the court intervening in oral nutrition? Why is she NOT allowed food by mouth?

I asked them to ask each Congressperson specifically to address why is it legal for Judge Greer to order she not be hand fed when she had taken food by mouth previously.

That would be MURDER -- a felony -- under FLORIDA state law. It is like sanctioning suicide. What would happen if miraculously she sat up and asked for a cheeseburger? Would they take it out of her hands?

Posted by: I hope. at March 20, 2005 6:02 PM

Live people are answering the phones at Rep Schultz's office, too, as of 6:04 EST (3:04 PST). I made the point that disabled people should have the same rights and protections as everybody else, and said that I hoped that Rep. Schultz would take the needs of disabled people seriously. (I was a little more forceful than that, in fact, but I'm too keyed up to remember what I actually said.)

Posted by: Mary in LA at March 20, 2005 6:05 PM

I just contacted Congresswoman Schultz and Congressman Davis offices. The lines are open. Schultz's office said she supported Terri just not the way things were being done. I told them if she didn't support Terri immediately then Terri would be dead. CALL NOW!!!

Posted by: Jim Wernsing at March 20, 2005 6:32 PM

Terri is dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't you get it?? OBviously none of you understand what is going on here. THis is a private matter, people make these decisions all of the time and it is not on CNN or headline news. THis has turned into a political fight for the republicans to get continued conservative support. None of them care, they just want to make it look like that so they can get votes. God has already chosen death for her, but her selfish parents wont' let her live in peace

Posted by: suan at March 20, 2005 11:30 PM

As a nurse of 25 yrs I say you don't know the true suffering and day to day dealings with a person in a vegetative state If her parents were truly unselfish they would let her go to her Maker in peace You need a cognitive brain to understand and perform physical therapy cerebral spinal fluid fills the space in her cerebral cortex Dehydration will make her sleep and she will go peacefully Terri was called home to God 15 yrs ago sadly they jumped on her chest

Posted by: terri at March 21, 2005 6:02 PM

I also called reps schultz and davis and congratulated them for not being bush puppets and voting rationally the legal systems for this case has been litigated ad nauseum how dare they!!!!

Posted by: terri at March 21, 2005 6:05 PM