March 23, 2005
UPDATE from Press ConferenceTopics: News
Here's the latest update from the press conference (Still underway? Expect further details later):
* Pleaded with Justice Kennedy and the US Supreme Court to "not rush to judgement," hoping for a stay so the case can be fully investigated.
* More people (including Terri's sister, Suzanne) going to Tallahassee to work on legislative action
* Senate President LEE and the GOP majority: "you have the fate of Terri in your hands". House has approved legislation, it's completely up to them. "If she dies, it's on their watch."
* Florida DCF is moving to have records unsealed
* If failure at US Supreme Court and Florida legislature fails to act, they plead with Governor Bush to use some executive authority to save Terri: "You may be Terri's last hope."
[Note: Press conference information was just taken from television coverage of the press conference; I apologize for the sloppiness!]
Posted by beth at March 23, 2005 9:39 AM
Articles Related to News: