« Candlelight Vigil For Terri In Dallas | Main | Life, Death, and Reality »

March 22, 2005

The Pinellas County True Life Passion Play - 2005

Topics: General

Here is an interesting take on Terri's plight - from Australia;

Katrina at Cait's Oz Blogs places it in terms of a modern day passion play.

Cast:
Terri Schiavo - Jesus
Michael Schiavo - Judas
George Greer - Caiaphus
George Felos - Satan
James Whittemore - Pontius Pilate

America's sacrificial lamb, the innocent and tragic Terri Schlinder Schiavo has been arrested and is now being savagely scourged while Pontius Pilate, Judge James Whittemore, decides whether or not to wash his hands and declare himself innocent of her blood.

Meanwhile, Judas in the form of Michael Schiavo, with the devil incarnate, George Felos, as his guardian angel is doing more talking than he has in years to selected media organisations where he can air his case without being asked the leading questions that he cannot and will not answer.

So what if he has thrown away the 30 pieces of silver for which he betrayed his wife? Has he repented? He has not and will not while he has a breath left in his traitorous body.

And Caiaphus, probate Judge George Greer, smug, self satisfied and gleeful in his opinion that it is expedient that one woman should die for the sake of the people so that more may die in future, has hidden himself from the public eye while precious hours continue to tick away.

Outside The Hospice of The Florida Suncoast the most faithful disciples are still gathered, hushed in prayer, as the light of life slowly slips away from this most beautiful girl - this girl who stands now as a tragic symbol by which we judge the sanctity and value of human life.

Like Jesus, Terri Schiavo has been denied the right to speak in her own defence through an independent attorney and an independent guardian, a guardian mindful of the fact that in his care is the life of a human being no less precious to God than any other member of our race.

Some may choose to believe that the path to Terri's Calvary is strewn with good intentions, but those of us who love and cherish life as a gift from the God who loves us and chose to suffer for us, know that good intentions should never lead to the death of innocents.

Source: Cait's Oz Blogs

Cross posted at Hyscience

Posted by richard at March 22, 2005 11:48 AM

Articles Related to General:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference The Pinellas County True Life Passion Play - 2005:

» Will Terri be the sacraficial lamb? from MoFiZiX Gr4FiX
Here we are once again, on the eve of Terri Schiavo’s execution and I cannot get over how fast these few weeks have gone by since the ‘starvation judge’ handed down his death sentence on her case. I am... [Read More]

Tracked on March 22, 2005 12:00 PM

» The Pinellas County True Life Passion Play - 2005 from Hyscience
America's sacrificial lamb, the innocent and tragic Terri Schlinder Schiavo has been arrested and is now being savagely scourged while Pontius Pilate, Judge James Whittemore, decides [Read More]

Tracked on March 22, 2005 12:04 PM

» We Cannot Wash Our Hands from Kobayashi Maru
One can hardly avoid the sad irony of Terri Schiavo's suffering and government-sanctioned persecution during Holy Week... "Terri has given us a gift." Indeed - a gift of moral clarity... Pray for Terri - and the world. [Read More]

Tracked on March 22, 2005 4:12 PM

» Real Life Passion Play from Christianity and Middle-Earth
There are no devils left in hell; they are all in Florida. [Read More]

Tracked on March 22, 2005 6:29 PM

» Judge, Like Pontius Pilate, Unable to Decide from Myopic Zeal
Judge James Whittmore seems to be waiting for Terri to die while he "deliberates." I guess he figures he'll emulate Pontius Pilate given it's Passion week... condemning the innocent to death through an unwillingness to act on their behalf. More he... [Read More]

Tracked on March 22, 2005 8:40 PM

Comments

What an amazing revalation! This is exactly what I have been thinking! You only have to read the "trolls" posting on this site to know that Satan, Judias, Caiaphus and Pontius Pilate are shaking in their boots-they will be revealed!!!!

Posted by: Barbara L. Russell at March 22, 2005 12:06 PM

Ignu, there is such a Being. Thankfully, however, His name is not "George Greer."

Posted by: Elizabeth at March 22, 2005 12:41 PM

On a spiritual level, I have been amazed how much Psalm 38 fits Terri's situation.

Posted by: Eileen R at March 22, 2005 12:52 PM

Has anyone heard how Terri is doing today??

Posted by: Amy at March 22, 2005 12:56 PM

I commented on Christ's Passion and Terri Schiavo on Palm Sunday.

The third verse of the third psalm is also relevant.

I laid myself down and slept.
I awakened; for Yahweh sustains me.
I will not be afraid of tens of thousands of people who have set themselves against me on every side.

God bless Terri Schiavo and may He have mercy on the rest of us.

Posted by: John the Mad at March 22, 2005 1:06 PM

Do you know that in 1999 G. Bush signed a bill in Texas that allows clinics and hospitals to disconnect ventilators and tubes if the patients cannot pay their bills, even if their families beg to continue using those treatments?

That is called the Futile Care Law.

Posted by: chita at March 22, 2005 1:12 PM

WHEN TERRI DIES THERE NEEDS TO BE SOME BIG TIME LEGAL INTERVENTION TO STOP HER FROM BEING CREAMATED AT LEAST UNTIL THERE IS AN AUTOPSY!!!!!

I am convinced a trial would Cast Doubt on Michael Schiavo's purpose to be so intent on his decision to remove Terri's feeding Tube! Is there no justice for terri? I don't think so... Hmmm is there a reason he intends to creamate her? Hmmm her parents and family just don't get to decide on anything for her... Michael is the one who chose to bring this entire matter to where it is today, Yet he keeps saying it is a FAMILY MATTER!
VERY INTERESTING!!!!!!

Posted by: Linda at March 22, 2005 1:12 PM

Chita,
Yes, Texas has that law to protect "big business" and the corporate (Hospital) bottom line... but there's a HUGE difference, and it is this:

If the parent/family member wants to take their child/family member someplace else for treatment, or take that person home and care for them, THEY CAN. It simply means that the hospital doesn't HAVE to provide free ongoing treatment (sad but true in some cases), however;

In Terri's case, there are NO OPTIONS.

Posted by: Raquel at March 22, 2005 1:18 PM

Have you all contact Jeb Bush to try to convince him to take Terri into protective custody?

Posted by: Sirena at March 22, 2005 1:22 PM

You forgot a part for Dr. "Death" Cranford. (In his lighter moments Cranford actually refers to himself as "Dr. Death" - that's a fact).

Cranford is largely responsible for where Terri is today, with his 'highly detailed' 30 minute examination of Terri.

At the very least, PVS takes months of observations to diagnose, and even then, mistakes can be made.

Cranford diagnosed Sergeant Richard Mack, a police officer shot in the line of duty, as "definitely in a persistent vegetative state (PVS), would never to regain cognitive, sapient functioning."
Almost two years later, Sgt. Mack began a rapid recovery.

Sgt. Mack eventually regained almost all his mental abilities. Thank God Sgt. Mack was not living in Clearwater Florida. Otherwise, he'd be dead by now.

Thank God Dr. Stephen Hawking does not live in Florida. Otherwise, he might find his feeding tube pulled out.

In a 1997 article he published in the Minneapolis – St. Paul Star Tribune, Cranford advocated the starvation of Alzheimer’s patients.

Posted by: Ann Brown at March 22, 2005 1:33 PM

SRC: http://www.earnedmedia.org/tfb0322.htm

2 PM: at Capitol Plaza--Press Conference with Dr. William Hammesfahr. Dr. Hammesfahr, nominated for a Nobel Prize for his work in medicine, has been recognized by agents for Medicare, the federal government, and others for new approaches to helping the brain injured. Dr. Hammesfahr has examined Terri Schiavo three separate times for a total of over ten hours.

"We are begging the Florida Senate during this holy Easter season; have mercy on Terri." -- Randall Terry

Posted by: Resume Feeding! at March 22, 2005 1:34 PM

This morning I awoke, exhausted still, not resting enough as I pray for Terri. I phoned the Florida State Senator offices requesting they change their vote on the bill for Terri's life, and faxed a message to President Bush, requesting that he take Terri into protective custody if he could and thanking him for his heart and all that he has done to try to help and save her life. I thought about if there was anything else that I could do.

I thought of one more thing:
I phoned the US Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit in Atlanta at (404) 335-6100, and simply requested to leave a message for the Hon. J.L. Edmonson, the Chief Judge of the court. The woman at the other end was polite, courteous, even kind and asked me what message I would like her to relay. I just said that I would ask the Hon. Edmonson to please allow Terri's feeding tube to be restored, while the appeals court considers the entire case concerning Terri. The woman I spoke with said thank you, and that she would pass my message on.

I thought that perhaps all of us might call and leave a similar message for the appeals court.

Thnks.

Posted by: Julie Pence at March 22, 2005 1:37 PM

Actually, the Futile Care law, as cruel as it sounds on first hearing, is an improvement over the law that was in place before. Under the previous Texas law, if a hospital ethics board decided to pull the plug on someone, the guardian had only 72 hours to plead their loved one's case, and if the ethics board said "No", there was no recourse. The Futile Care law extended the grace period to 10 days from 72 hours, and provided that the guardian could seek care from another doctor or facility.

Posted by: Mary in LA at March 22, 2005 1:38 PM

Thank you Julie, for that number. We should all call it, (and be polite)... to get our message across..

Posted by: Sirena at March 22, 2005 1:40 PM

A good friend of mine is hamering me saying my prochoice belief conflicts with my views against right to die for Terri. I pointed out that Terri never made any instructions about dying. My friend says thats because Terri is Catholic she would never have left any such instructions anyway. She says whats the difference between right to die and prochoice. So Ill rethink my prochoice views.

Posted by: Joe at March 22, 2005 1:41 PM

I wrote this up moments before coming on-line to check the status of Terri:

------

I'm not claiming Terri Marie Schindler-Schiavo is a saint, but the number of parallels between her and Christ are starting to add up.

Jesus was innocent and did not deserve to die.
Terri is innocent and does not deserve to die.

Jesus was betrayed by one he loved for a price.
Terri has been betrayed by one she loved for a price.
Both betrayed by a kiss - Terri with a wedding vow.

Judas Iscariot believing his actions will bring about a popular uprising to throw off Rome.
Schiavo, Felos, Greer and Cranford believing this will bring about a popular uprising to establish a 'right' to die.

Jesus was run through the courts
before Sanhedrin
before Pilate
before Herod Antipas
before Pilate
before the public

Terri has been run through the courts
before Greer
before federal
before Greer
before Federal Whittemore
before the public

Truth taken out of context used as a testimony against them.
(Terri's claim to not wanting to live like something she saw in a movie (which movie?) doesn't speak to what she really does want.
It is erroneous to believe such a statement means she wants to die!
Jesus's claims about the temple were taken out of context and applied to the building when he meant his body.

Both remained silent before their accusers.

Hypocracy in the investigation for truth.

Extraordinary legalism involved in the trials vs doing what is right.
For instance overlooking the truth claims made by Christ, but requiring his body to be taken down before the Sabbath.
The truth claims made by Terri - her own body and medical record speaks of the factual truth of abuse and neglect.

Peter denied Jesus 3 times
Greer has denied Terri 3 times by pulling her tube.
(Greer is her self-appointed guardian ad litem - advocate)

Jesus was scourged - suffered.
Terri is being scourged by starvation and has been suffering for years.

There are those for life
There are those for death

In both cases there was/is a crowd calling for his/her death!

Armed guards keeping the mother of each of them away from the body to deny them help.

Those who could be defending Terri (the liberal left) call for an evil doer instead.
This is akin to asking for the release of Barrabas defending Abu Ghraib terrorists while remaining silent on Terri comes to mind.

All of this with just a brief amount of thinking about it. I'm sure there is a lot more.

Think God is trying to say something this week?

Posted by: Chris at March 22, 2005 1:42 PM

Dr. Hammesfahr's patients testimonies

Posted by: sujata at March 22, 2005 1:42 PM

I see the similarities, and in many ways I think it's a good comparison. But I get a little nervous comparing a normal person with the sinless lamb that was Jesus Christ. Christ was NOT a victim in the end. He chose his fate and laid down his life for us. He rose again and redeemed us by his sacrifice. Sadly, Terri IS a victim. And her death, in the end, does nothing for us in the face of this particular brand of evil.

Posted by: rightallthetime at March 22, 2005 1:48 PM

Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, "I am thirsty." A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus' lips. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, He bowed His head and gave up His spirit.

Posted by: Laura at March 22, 2005 1:49 PM

Those of you who don't believe in Christ - choose now.

Our God is the God of Life and Love.

You - you that deny life. Know and be convicted that you are chosing death. Turn while you can. See if we are speaking the truth - that the Gospel is in fact Good News.

Posted by: Chris at March 22, 2005 1:50 PM

SUJATA - thanks - this is wonderful. I wish these people would testify on Terri's behalf.

JULIE - thanks - I will phone the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta at (404) 335-6100, and request to leave a message for the Hon. J. L. Edmonson, the Chief Judge of the court. I will also ask the Hon. Edmonson to please allow Terri's feeding tube to be restored, while the appeals court considers the entire case concerning Terri.

Posted by: Ann Brown at March 22, 2005 1:53 PM

rightallthetime said: "And her death, in the end, does nothing for us in the face of this particular brand of evil."

Then her life for you has no meaning?

I reject that completely. If you don't find meaning in this message that is being so clearly given to you, then you're denying Christ as well. For if Terri has Christ in her and she is in him, then we are watching Christ crucified again in front of us.

There must be meaning in her death, as much as in her life. And that must be true whether that life ends soon or lasts for many years.

Posted by: Chris at March 22, 2005 1:57 PM

Someone mentioned Dr. Cranford. He REALLY does call himself "Doctor Death," SHOCKING BUT TRUE!

Here are a few more links about him:

www.terrisfight.org/myths.html

THE SUSPICIOUS DEATH OF ROBERT WENDLAND...

You can find 100s of additional reports by searching the Internet.

Posted by: Richard Dean at March 22, 2005 2:02 PM

Chris - that's a terrible thing to assert. I would never deny Christ. I never said Terri's LIFE has no meaning and it's unfair of you to assert that I did. What I am pointing out is that her DEATH does nothing for us (and Christ's death and resurrection redeemed us). Again, I can't believe you would say something like that. We are facing a huge, monstrous evil here and you're sniping at me? For what?

Posted by: rightallthetime at March 22, 2005 2:23 PM

I'm sorry so many of you are hurting and I feel for you and for her, but Terri is not a saint, she is not Jesus reincarnated and she is not holy.

If you truly believe her plight is comparable to Christ's then you are left with the only conclusion that her only purpose left now is to die like He did. Obviously, that's in direct opposition of everything that's been said here so far so I'm not sure how you manage to reconsile this.

It was clear from the beginning that congress' law was not going to be a beacon of hope but rather constituted a mix of political stunts and a desire to give one final chance.

Regardless of which side you're argueing for, if you're going to (ab)use Terri to push your own political or religious or ethical beliefs you are far from the righteous path.

Posted by: Vanessa at March 22, 2005 2:25 PM

Vanessa ~ well said. Terri is NOT 100% comparable to Christ because (listen very carefully): SHE IS NOT THE SON OF GOD!

Posted by: rightallthetime at March 22, 2005 2:28 PM

Let's not be offended if people make their own assumptions as to how Terri's case pertains to other things. There's no point in arguing and it doesn't really matter in the long run. What matters is that we do all we can for Terri, to help her get the help she so desperately needs... let's work together no matter what belief system we have or do not have, to make that happen!

Posted by: Sirena at March 22, 2005 2:45 PM

Chris,

I understand what righallthetime is saying. While there are similarities in the circumstances surrounding the "trial", if you can call it that, of Jesus and Terri, the one major difference is that Jesus Christ is God, and He came to earth willingly to be the sacrificial Lamb for our sins. His torture, death, and resurrection were all prophesied thousands of years before His birth. His life, death, and resurrection were to serve the purpose of bridging the gap that exists between a Holy God and sinful man.
Terri, while she is being led to the slaughter by evil "men" with a clear motiff, she is not comparable to Jesus in that while she is innocent of any crimes, she is still a human being, born with a sin nature. And while her case, and God-forbid, her murder, may set a precedent in our rapidly deteriorating nation, it will not set us free from our sins and bring us eternal life with God.
We must be careful when comparing human beings to God, because that is what caused Satan to fall from his place in Heaven; he said, "I will be God." Then, sin entered the world when the first man and woman listened to his lie, "Eat this, and you will be like God."

Perhaps a better comparison may made be to the Salem witch trials, where many innocent women and men were sent to their deaths on false charges.

Posted by: JIHC at March 22, 2005 2:48 PM

Get off it all you sniping at each other. You are falling into just the trap that the enemy wants--for us to begin fighting each other and not concentrating on what the main purpose of this site is--to help save Terri!

Posted by: Barbara L. Russell at March 22, 2005 2:52 PM

rightallthetime - I'm sorry if you took it a particular way. I didn't say it with harm, but with love. Perhaps tough love, but still love. (;-) Please hear what I say.

I agree with you that Terri is not Jesus Christ, she is not the Son of God, the Savior. Her work is non-redemptive and there is no atonement. She has not performed miracles. She is not the Messiah. I will not call on her name for prayer or intercession. Her blood doesn't cleanse me.

When you said "her death in the end, does nothing for us in the face of this particular brand of evil" you are actually acknowledging that Terri has life - for you cannot have death without life. And if Terry's death holds no meaning, that it does nothing, then her life held no meaning as well. But as I said, I reject that - here's why: abortion advocates say there is no death, and thus no life. You can't have a death when there is no life. So death does something and has meaning - it affirms life. It says there is life here - vital and in the image of God. And if Christ is within Terri, and she in him, then there is profound meaning in both her life and death, because Christ has overcome death and Terri will be raised in life in Christ. This is the Good News - isn't it? But do not judge that God has no purpose in her death, because he has both a purpose in her life and death.

God has purified his Temple on earth - us, those whom he comes to live in, through the sacrificial blood of Christ and in so doing has made us pure. Now that we have been made holy - sanctified, set apart, the Holy Spirit- God comes and dwells in us. God doesn't dwell in stones or buildings, but in us.

Whosever gives a glass of water to the least of my brothers, that is what he does unto me.

Her death (whenever it comes) has meaning and does something - it testifies for God.

Posted by: Chris at March 22, 2005 3:06 PM

Terri as Jesus? What? Passion of Terri? Perhaps not. You all are just as psychotic as your enemies assume you are.

Posted by: ummm at March 22, 2005 3:15 PM

I think that's the problem with electronic messages- one can never tell the tone in another's voice and cannot determine the tone of the message.

But here's my question: Where, in the name of all that is true and right, are all of the Humans' Rights Activist groups now? Where are the feminists who are supposed to be defending the rights of helpless women? Why are these groups strangely silent over the fact that Terri's civil rights are being violated?

Hmmm...maybe if Terri were a whale, or an owl or something, she would have more rights.

Posted by: JIHC at March 22, 2005 3:19 PM

Hmmm...maybe if Terri were a whale, or an owl or a Silvery Minnow, she would have more defenders.

Posted by: JIHC at March 22, 2005 3:20 PM

It's too bad that Terri's not a cow...

Posted by: Tress at March 22, 2005 3:24 PM

Enough theology! But keep praying.

I have great faith but it is a tough issue to win on the basis of faith. If we wish to win the battle we have to keep in mind that in a secular society, which we are quickly becoming, this must remain a constitutional issue.

No state has the right to arbitrarily kill off those who happen to be interfering with a husband's love-life. Imagine what trouble many wives might be if this were allowed. We are constitutionally protected against wrongful death.

I agree with the religous nature of this matter, judges and politicians may not, nor will those members of society who are simply, not religous.

But all can understand, although not necessarily agree with, the constitutional nature of the argument.

God help Terri

Posted by: Warren at March 22, 2005 3:25 PM

Dear ummm,

This blogsite is for those who support Terry. We are trying to help her get her food and water back, before it's too late.

If you do not agree, or do not want to work to support Terry, I'm sure there are many other Websites where you will find others who feel as you do.

Calling people names isn't going to help anybody or anything.

God bless

Posted by: Diana Goodavage at March 22, 2005 3:34 PM

We are called to follow in the footsteps of Our Saviour, in other words to live our lives in imitation of Him.

When we compare Terri Schiavo's plight to that of Our Lord we are not saying Terri is Jesus, we are saying that her plight at the hands of human justice mirrors His.

If it is wrong to compare a member of His Body to Him in terms of suffering then we demean the very human suffering of His passion and death. He suffered as a man.

That He was and is God Incarnate and that His sacrifice is the only act that brings us salvation that can never be challenged by a Christian.

But it does no harm to point out that when a member of His Body suffers, they suffer in union with Him.

Terri is suffering now and if there is any value in her suffering it is only that it unites her to Her Saviour and to ours.

Remember the words of Simeon to Mary...."and a sword shall pierce your own heart also so that the thoughts of many may be revealed."

Posted by: Katrina at March 22, 2005 3:36 PM

Dear JIHC,

I was thinking the same thing.

They are in the curious position of supporting the possibly abusive husband of a battered woman.

And, they do frequently rally to support endangered species, as you say. (And, I don't have a problem with that. I'm glad they're doing it.)

But, no support for this human being, Terry. It's baffling.

Does anybody know anything about the judges on the 11th circuit of the US Court of Appeals in Atlanta? Also, should we still be calling those legislators in Florida?

God bless

Posted by: Diana Goodavage at March 22, 2005 3:48 PM

Ted Bundy had more rights than Terri Schaivo does.

Lawful combatants in war are treated better when they are taken prisoner (by the U.S.) than Terri Schaivo.

People who are under the age of 18 and commit pre-meditated murder can no longer be given the death penalty for their crimes, and Terry Schaivo is being forced to starve to death.

I would just like to thank our court systems for their completely un-biased, fair interpretation of the laws, oh, and for taking it upon themselves to create new laws, not even based on legal precedence from OUR COUNTRY, but from other countries, like France.

Posted by: JIHC at March 22, 2005 3:48 PM

Dear Ignu,
HE is awsome!!!!

Dear rightallthetime and friends,
Remember, Jesus said, "Come, follow me." There have been many martyrs before and Terri is another one. Some have been martyred in very like manner to Jesus (St. Peter) and some in a very dissimilar manner (St. John). Terri's martyrdom is very similar in many ways, but she is like unto Jesus in one very important way--the persecution which He prophecied would come to all who follow Him which He stated would happen to Him first.

Just as we don't know what Terri wanted done if she was ever in this position, we also don't know if at some time God asked her to be a martyr for Him and she said "yes". As St. Paul said, he (we) make up in our own bodies what is lacking in the body of Christ. He also expressed assurance that Christ would be glorified in Paul's body whether through life or through death.

But, most importantly, Jesus said that whatever you do to the least of My brothers, that you do unto Me. So in some way our body is Christ's body. This is a mystery, but true all the same, else why would the One who does not lie say so?

It is proper to compare Terri to Christ, just as it is proper to compare the child to the parent, and most especially so if that child has at some time agreed to follow the parent down the most horrific path of all.

This is not to say that Terri need die of this or that we shouldn't work and pray to preserve her life. There ARE white martyrs and black martyrs. And on a personal note I am of the mind that if Terri dies we can kiss all of our kids good bye. They are no longer endangered in the womb, but out of the womb, as well. Perhaps Terri is the dike that is keeping the ocean of murder back.

Posted by: MARY at March 22, 2005 3:53 PM

There's been more outcry over "disturbing the serene landscape of Alaska" than over ending Terri Schiavo's life.

Posted by: JIHC at March 22, 2005 3:53 PM

Kevin,

In case you are unaware, this is a website SUPPORTING the life of Terri Schaivo.

If you cannot say something nice, or at least intelligent, please keep your comments to yourself.

Posted by: JIHC at March 22, 2005 5:28 PM

Can we start a new thread? I have another suggestion that I wanted to bring to the table.

I also think we need to be clear that Terri is a HUMAN BEING, an American citizen held without trial and being murdered in a cruel and painful way, with the full knowledge and connivance of the Federal and state courts. Everyone, regardless of his or her religion, needs to know that and be outraged by it.

Posted by: Mary in LA at March 22, 2005 5:39 PM

Mary,

Well said! Which is why it makes my skin crawl when people make inane comments such as "Bury Terri".

Posted by: JIHC at March 22, 2005 5:51 PM

It seems to me that what has happened in legal terms here can be summed up like this. A woman has been sentenced to die (though convicted of no crime) and the sentence is now being carried out, BASED SOLELY ON THE HERESAY EVIDENCE OF ONE PERSON! Her "husband" is the only one who has mentioned this so-called wish of Terri Schaivo's that she would want to die. And he did not mention this until after he received a malpractice award, in fact not until 1997, 7 years after Terri's collapse. It should be noted that if this were a criminal trial, that kind of evidence would never stand up by itself. It is a monstrous miscarriage of justice that shows a loss of both sanity and soul in our courts, and perhaps in our society as well.

I will be on my knees for our God to intervene in some way to stop Terri's death. I know that many if not all of you will as well.

In Christ,

Pastor Dan Osborn

Posted by: Daniel Osborn at March 22, 2005 6:03 PM

Terri is not Jesus, but Jesus said, that which you do unto the least of my brothers, you do unto me. The pro-death people are torturing and killing one of the least of our brothers.

The world of the pro-death people is one so perverse that brotherhood does not exist.

Posted by: JWL at March 22, 2005 6:29 PM

"The good man is perished out of the earth; and there is none upright among men: they all lie in wait for blood; they hunt every man his brother with a net.

That they may do evil with both hands earnestly, the prince asketh, and the judge asketh for a reward; and the great man, he uttereth his mischievous desire: so they wrap it up."

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Posted by: Baillie at March 22, 2005 6:39 PM

For those of you who could use some comfort while Mordor incinerates the Shire:

Posted by: Baillie at March 22, 2005 7:26 PM

One more difference between Jesus and Terri. Jesus was tortured for only a few days before the end of His corporeal life on Earth.

Terri has been tortured on and off for the better part of the past fifteen years.

If you have any doubt, download and carefully read this affidavit.

Just the tip of the iceberg I'm sure.

Posted by: Rick Allen at March 22, 2005 7:39 PM

To paraphrase Edmund Burke..."Evil triumphs when 'good people' do nothing". Obviously, the courts and government are too complicated to be able to do the "right thing". To counteract this evil that is permeating Florida and the United States...

I'm calling on all good people to travel to Florida NOW to stand between the authorities and Terri....so that the feeding tube may be reinserted.

Thereby stopping the advance of EVIL in this country and SAVING Terri's LIFE.

Posted by: Joseph [Detroit Mich] at March 22, 2005 8:11 PM

OMG!!!!!!!! Rick...

Posted by: calo at March 22, 2005 8:12 PM

Terri's situtation is VERY similar to that of Jesus Christ. There are difference of course, and the two biggest are that:

1) She is NOT the son of God.
2) She is not innocent and sinless.

However, the situation as a whole is a GREAT comparison. But your right again, since she is not Christ (who chose to die) she is a VICTIM. She does not have the power to stand up and walk away from this torment. Christ could have if he had wanted too!

I know she is not perfect, but she is innocent of anything that would call for a cruel starvation and murder at the hands of an abusive and adulturous husband.

She is not Jesus. She is not anything like Jesus.

But the situation is similiar.

Posted by: GeorgiaGuy at March 22, 2005 8:29 PM

Thank you to all who are praying for Terri. God has laid this on my heart so heavy, perhaps because I am an intercessor, but what people are not saying publically is that what are her husband's motives? Is there insurance money or something else? Was he involved with his wife of now, before Terri's "accident". What does he have by denying her rehab or even dental care? She has lost all her teeth do to his refusal of dental care. Who is this evil man? It is a man who does not know our Lord Jesus, and is being used by satan via left wing, aetheists who want the world to be a secular place. This is pandora's box waiting to be opened and will release others to kill people because they are an inconvenience in the name of....money? Perhaps money is his motivation, but I think he is trying to hide that he tried to kill her and it did not work. (theory).

God bless the Schindlers and Terri and let's keep praying and ask God for a miracle from Terri! What if she got up and asked for water or food and could speak 100% My God is a God of miracles and we can ask for one here!!

Posted by: Praying at March 22, 2005 8:33 PM

Just let her go. let her go and be with the father. it is selfish to keep her. We have a lot to learn from her, but let her go for her sake.

Posted by: Olomunyak at March 22, 2005 9:14 PM

Psalm 69:1-4
Save me, O God!
For the waters have come up to my neck. I sink in deep mire, Where there is no standing: I have come into deep waters Where the floods overflow me. I am weary with my crying, My throat is dry: My eyes fail while I wait for my God. Those who hate me whithout a cause Are more than the hairs of my head; they are mighty who would destroy me, Being my enemies wrongfully; Though I have stolen nothing, I still must restore it.

Another Psalm: 59:1-4
Deliver me from my enemies, O my God; Defend me from those who rise up against me. Deliver me from the workers of iniquity, And save me from bloodthirsty men. For look, they lie in wait for my life: The might gather against me, Not for my transgression nor for my sin, O Lord. They run and prepare themselves through no fault of mine.

Psalm 43: 1-4
Vindicate me, O God, And plead my cause against an ungodly nation; Oh, deliver me from teh deceitful and unjust man!! For You are teh God of my strength; Why do You cast me off? Why do I go mourning becase of the oppression of the enemy? Oh send out Your light and Your truth!

Psalm 35:1-8
Plead my cause, O Lord, with those who strive with me; Fight against those who fight against me. Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for my help. Also draw out the spear, And stop those who pursue me. Say to my soul, "I am your salvation." Let those be put to shame and brought to dishonor Who seek after my life; Let those be turned back and brought to confusion Who plot my hurt. Let them be like chaf before teh wind, And let the angel of the Lord chase them. Let their way be dark and slippery, And let the angel of the Lord pursue them. For without cause they have hidden thir net for me in a pit, Which they ahve dug without cause for my life. Let destruction come upon im unexpectedly, And let his net that he has hidden catch himself; Into that very destruction let him fall.

Psalm 140 1-5
Deliver me, O Lord, from evil men; Preserve me from violent men, Who plan evil things in their hearts; They continually gather together for war. They sharpen their tongues like a serpent; The poison of asps is under their lips. Keep me, O Lord, from the hands of the wicked; Preserve me from violent men, Who have purposed to make my steps stumble. The proud havve hidden a snare for me, and cords: They have spread a net by the wayside; They have set traps for me.

These Psalms are very helpful to pray outloud to the Lord on Terri's behalf. Please pray!! God Bless everyone who is fighting for Terri and Lord, keep her safe in Jesus' name. AMEN

Posted by: Praying at March 22, 2005 9:16 PM

: Olomunyak

Perhaps if your child were in her situation you could do the same? God does not count her life useless, why do you? I suppose you are pro-choice? When will America see this is a slippery slope that is leading this country to have God lift His hands away from us, that we are flirting with disaster. Are you rapture ready? Are you prepared to meet your maker? Whether you believe in Hell or not does not change the fact that we will all live forever and it will be only in one of two places...Heaven or Hell. Where will you spend eternity? Works will not get you into heaven nor will your religion or a church or anyone other than yourself. We are to workout our own salvation with fear and trembling before a living and holy God, maker of Heaven and Earth and yes, Hell. Where will you live. Right now ask Jesus into your heart and repent because you no not what you are saying. Repent because life means nothing to you, Repent because you choose to love God, Father almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and His only begotton Son, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost, who is here on this earth until the appointed time.

I am praying for you. God Bless you and may you see His light and experience His wonderful love, because without it, you cannot appreciate Terri's life.

Posted by: Praying at March 22, 2005 9:22 PM

I called our state's representatives and sent emails to them. Most people think this is about a woman who is being killed. While it is, there is also a bigger picture at play here that I think most people are missing. If we allow this to happen without fighting, this society could become a society that when people are an inconvenience, we can just dispose of them like they are rubbish. Lester Summerall talked of this many years ago, that in the end times people will dispose of human life like through abortion and killing of the handicapped and elderly. I agree with the person who said because Stephen Hawking cannot talk, swallow or even communicate, is he in a persistant vegetative state? What if we took away his feeding tube?? What if we gave Terri the rehab Stephen Hawking had and the mouth activated computer he has?? What would she say?? How dare anyone especially her "husband" (I use the term loosely under the legal sense of the word only) speak for her. PEOPLE WAKE UP!! WE ARE IN A SPIRITUAL BATTLE HERE, LIGHT AGAINST DARKNESS, FOR WE FIGHT NOT AGAINST FLESH AND BLOOD, BUT PRINCIPALITIES AND POWERS OF THE AIR. Please intercede for her and for our country, this will at some time effect all of us if this passes and she is allowed to be killed. This is a right to kill not a right to die case!!!

Posted by: Praying at March 22, 2005 9:28 PM

Dear Praying and all,

This is what I have been saying on a number of sites for days now and never, never a response. I am praying, I am sickened, I am frightened, I am angry. Aren't we all. I have 7 precious children (which were struggles to raise alive, e.g. stitches, surgeries,etc.) and I was probably more intense about keeping them alive because one baby died at four days old. But now I also have five sons and daughters in law and another dear girl and her son I adopted as well as eleven really beautiful grandchildren. If we can't protect Terri among all of us, how could one of us protect our loved ones when they come for them, as they surely will. Who knows that old saying, "They came for the Jews and I did nothing, because I was not a Jew, etc."? Yes, this is about powers and principalities and these pro-death liberals are their henchmen. This is undoubtedly about control and money for MS, but for the judges and other see-no-evils it is about an agenda; probably Al Gores beloved population control (elimination of 1/3 of the world pop.).

I have tried to rouse some interest in an offensive war against the pro-deathers because a defensive war is lost from the start. I've said and I'll say it again, the right to die people are either on a personal trip of concern for their own demise or they are on an all inclusive journey advocating death for others, WHICH MAKES THEM POTENTIAL KILLERS!!!!! If it is their own end they are concerned about they can deal with that themselves, privately and quietly. They can NOT be fighting for the death of others out of brotherly love. And WE HAVE TO call them on it before this insanity gets any more entrenched than it already is.

Pray for Terri's family with empathy. Pray for Terri's survival, because her frail body stands between us and a multitude of would be killers. Which means that you will be praying out of charity and the need for God's mercy on you and yours.

This is THE Roe v. Wade of euthanasia and Terri is the dike holding back the flood. Someone wondered what good God would bring of this, for He is a God of goodness and His goodness never fails. What about this? We have banded together enmass to vote for life and particularly the life of one of His little ones. Even people who consider themselves pro-choice are behind Terri and one even said she was going to re-think her pro-choice position. This in a society which dins death into us daily and at some level we all know that mass murders are being committed every day as we go about our business. For now, though, it isn't business as usual. Who knows what the sound of our cries is accomplishing in heaven. Maybe this is our polling place. So much more could be said, but I know others could say it better than I, and, oh, how I wish you would.

Posted by: MARY at March 22, 2005 11:52 PM