« A Human Non-Person - Our path to the present | Main | Jackson Prays With Terri Schiavo's Parents (Updated with Senator Call List) »

March 29, 2005

The Killing Of Terri Schiavo: "The longest public execution in American history" (Updated)

"Her crime was being disabled, voiceless, and at the disposal of our media"

Even the liberal "Village Voice" has joined the fray on the side of Terri Schiavo. Their article just may be one of the most important reads I've seen so far - especially from our liberal friends.

- The Village Voice

(...) "For all the world to see, a 41-year-old woman, who has committed no crime, will die of dehydration and starvation in the longest public execution in American history.

(...) She is not brain-dead or comatose, and breathes naturally on her own. Although brain-damaged, she is not in a persistent vegetative state, according to an increasing number of radiologists and neurologists."

(...) And keep in mind from the Ralph Nader-Wesley Smith report: "The courts . . . have [also] ordered that no attempts be made to provide her water or food by mouth. Terri swallows her own saliva. Spoon feeding is not medical treatment. This outrageous order proves that the courts are not merely permitting medical treatment to be withheld, they have ordered her to be made dead."

(...) In this country, even condemned serial killers are not executed in this way.

Continue reading .....

The mantra at BlogsForTerri continues to be non-partisan with a focus on the sanctity of human life and the defeat of euthanasia by judicial fiat. Liberals and conservatives, Democrats, Republicans, and independents are coming together, through the struggle of Terri Schiavo's horrific and long-lasting execution, to turn back the forces that seek to euthanize the disabled, the elderly, and the unwanted.

Updated - From Mary in LA:
Okay, here are the Florida Senators from the last call list:

Sen. J.D. Alexander, Majority Whip: 850-487-5044
Sen. Nancy Argenziano: 850-487-5017
Sen. Dave Aronberg: 850-487-5356
Sen. Mike Bennett: 850-487-5078
Sen. Larcenia Bullard: 850-487-5127
Sen. Walter "Skip" Campbell: 850-487-5094
Sen. Lisa Carlton: 850-487-5081
Sen. Paula Dockery: 850-487-5040
Sen. Dennis Jones: 850-487-5065
Sen. Jim King: 850-487-5030
Sen. Evelyn J. Lynn: 850-487-5033
Sen. Burt L. Saunders: 850-487-5124

I know we're all stressed out, but remember to be nice! More flies are caught with honey than vinegar. :-)

Posted by richard at March 29, 2005 1:34 PM

Comments

I am soooooo frustrated yet I continue to pray for a miracle. Can anyone-anyone tell me if there is anything left happening that can save her life-calling, faxing, praying, yes, but is there anything happening anywhere in any office or any court to help her? I heard something about about Bobby Schindler saying something about legislation-can someone tell me where I can find out the latest since MSN has her pretty much dead?

Posted by: alwayschooselife at March 29, 2005 2:03 PM

I just heard on Fox news that Jesse Jackson has been on the phone with florida senators pleading with them to change their vote-they have indicated if a vote were taken they would.This would save Terris life. We need to call and ask for a vote

Posted by: alwayschooselife at March 29, 2005 2:19 PM

Sen. Paula Dockery: 850-487-5040
Sen. Dennis Jones: 850-487-5065
Sen. Jim King: 850-487-5030
Sen. Evelyn J. Lynn: 850-487-5033
Sen. Burt L. Saunders: 850-487-5124

Posted by: Mary in LA at March 29, 2005 2:28 PM

Ah, I see, it's Nat Henthoff. Henthoff endosored Wesley J. Smith's anti-euthanasia book "Forced Exit." Good colum.

Posted by: Rick J. G. at March 29, 2005 2:45 PM

Off this topic/thread, but I just read that Michael Schiavo refused to let Rev. Jackson see Terri:
But Jackson said he was rebuffed in his attempts to see Terri Schiavo.

"We did call Michael Schiavo and asked if we could go in and have prayer with Terri. He finally got back and said, he thought not."

(from Yahoo news.)
How sad.

Posted by: Foug at March 29, 2005 2:53 PM

Gee, what's Michael afraid of?

Posted by: Susan Nunes at March 29, 2005 2:56 PM

My uncle was a great man and defender of the helpless.

Before he died from colon cancer on Valentine's Day 1991 he exhibited a powerful will to live....he took his last meal (not really a meal, but nourishment) before Thanksgiving Day 1990.

Posted by: democrat at March 29, 2005 2:56 PM

Call those senator's numbers. One of the offices DID tell me he heard something about a revote about 5 minutes ago. I don't remember which one told me that, I called them all. I was very polite and so were the offices.

Posted by: LErin at March 29, 2005 3:00 PM

I have just been informed by
three of the numbers on this list.
The News is wrong,there is no vote.
I explained that it had been on
CNN & Fox.He patiently replied :
They are wrong,there is no vote.
Terri is Alive

Posted by: lynaqua at March 29, 2005 3:03 PM

I am still glad I tried. One of the offices told me they only heard of the possibility 5 minutes ago. I had to go through and try and call them all.

Posted by: LErin at March 29, 2005 3:06 PM

Sean Hannity is on now, he says he doesn't want to create false hope. There is a window of hope if Jesse Jackson can do some hope then so be it. He made arrangements with Reverend Jackson do do an interview on the radio show. He was in a room and talked to Reverend Jackson last night. They kidded. 20 to 25 people in the room. The Reverend got philosophical. Sean is reporting on what he saw, putting aside the differences. He had a prayer service with the family. The Florida Senate back in session tomorrow. Reverend Jackson started dialing and calling the senate black caucus in Tallahasse. If two or three people changed their minds, then there is a possibility there could be a revote. Its a remote possibility but he saw Reverend Jackson get on the phone and say I need you now, help me. Sean doesn't want to create false hope but a small chance. Thats what I just heard on the radio. Reverend Jackson will be on the program at the top of the next hour.

Posted by: LErin at March 29, 2005 3:14 PM

Thank you for posting those numbers continuiously and consistently. I am in the process of calling them all and they are not saying no-they are saying they are not sure-the point is that if we could pressure a vote the outcome would be different this time

Posted by: alwayschooselife at March 29, 2005 3:26 PM

Terris brother is about to give a live conference on Fox

Posted by: alwayschooselife at March 29, 2005 3:30 PM

please report about the conference thank you!

Posted by: LErin at March 29, 2005 3:35 PM

I will-it seems to be on hold now-not sure what happened

Posted by: alwayschooselife at March 29, 2005 3:36 PM

No doubt Michael doesn't want anyone else to see her for fear of them being horrified about her condition. I know if I were to see her starving and emaciated I would come out of the room crying and telling people this is inhumane and cruel, no matter what they try to convince us.

Plus, they aren't allowing video or photos... if people saw with their own eyes the slow death of Terri, they would realize how cruel Michael really is.

Just my opinion.

Posted by: Sirena at March 29, 2005 3:37 PM

Bobby was just shown on CNN and he says that Michael has denied Terri comunion. She apparently has the right to communion every day but Michael has put a stop to it.

There is an article on The Empire Journal as well as the court document filed by a special needs teacher against many of the parties in the Terri Schiavo case. Apparently she has filed a federal case against them and sent copies to Pres. Bush, Gov. Bush etc.

I saw Rev. Jackson and his interview and I have to say that I was pleased that he did not glory hound. The things he stated were valid.

I am still of the opinion that there is something that we don't know about this situation. There is way too much evidence in the hands of very powerful people who have the authority to deal with all that has occured and yet nothing is being done. So what is the deal?

Posted by: imdll at March 29, 2005 3:50 PM

Okay this one is for Mary in Las who seems to have the lowdown on the phone numbers. On one of the other blogs I saw that a special ed teacher in New York has filed a complaint with the Department of Justice on behalf of Terri asking for an immediate stay of execution(it is on the main page of this site) are there any numbers we can call for that?

Posted by: alwayschooselife at March 29, 2005 3:52 PM

Alwayschooselife, do you happen to remember what blog that was?

I did manage to find a reference to a complaint to the FBI here:
"Title 18, USC, Section 241 - Conspiracy Against Rights. Title 18, USC, Section 242 - Deprivation of Rights Under Color of Law ..."

Posted by: Mary in LA at March 29, 2005 4:33 PM

Imdll,

There is so much more it will make your head swim. Juleni has this bone and it's a whopper.

Will someone, anyone get back with me about turning this site into a dig up the truth and bury the lies spot. We've Got to get to work or we'll stall out. Put all your hope in God to honor Terri's wishes. He knows the Truth. He can prove the truth by keeping Terri alive in the face of those who want to kill her; He can give her food and drink that no one can take away. This is a time to believe in and expect miracles from the only One with the power to grant them. My advice is to quit going down to Egypt.

To misquote the 23rd Psalm: He has set a table before me in the sight of my foes.

Posted by: mary et. al. at March 29, 2005 4:50 PM

With you Mary!

"I AM who I AM".

Posted by: Dave_MN at March 29, 2005 5:24 PM

Mary in L.A..

I seem to be running along behind everyone. I get on a site and everyone is long gone.

What I need help with is getting some dialogue going on the war against lies and for truth.

Can you help?

Posted by: mary et. al. at March 29, 2005 6:02 PM

I can help. What do you need?

Posted by: Mary in LA at March 29, 2005 6:31 PM

Mary I think a good place to start would be with the PI idea that I read about on one of these threads last night-that and some divine intervention. I bet there is someone out there who would devote their investigative time for free. The question needs to be asked. Maybe someone will say yes-I will do it. Felos needs to be investigated. I am curious- For a few years there MS tried to save his wife, then suddenly, he changed his mind. We all assumed it was the money-but what if it is Felos. Even if MS wanted to change his mind right now, could he? Would Felos let him? Who knows what Felos is holding on him. I am just saying that someone, somewhere got to him and changed him. We all suspect that MS is very controlling and he wants to control his wife even in death-what if it is Felos? On another note, Great things are happening with Jackson(I really cannot believe I am saying that but I have to give credit to wher credit is due). We need to push for a new vote-it looks like the measure could pass.

Posted by: alwayschooselife at March 29, 2005 7:04 PM

Hmm. Well, I don't know any P.I.s, but maybe I can think of something.

Did you see the monster post at the top of the page regarding the Scientology connection?

Posted by: Mary in LA at March 29, 2005 7:12 PM

I saw the posting. SOOO sad. I am telling you-Felos is the bigger problem here. He truly reminds me of another who is yet to come who will appear peaceful and loving yet will spread lies deception and death.

Posted by: alwayschooselife at March 29, 2005 7:19 PM

Yes, 'Life, you're right. Felos is a real piece of work. I wonder what it would take to get him disbarred?

Posted by: Mary in LA at March 29, 2005 7:55 PM

2004-2006 Senators By Last Name

Posted by: fourth party at March 29, 2005 10:02 PM

Mary, not that this would stand up in a court of law but this comes from the Flrida Bar ethical and Professional page-Felos certainly falls under these categories.

Rule 4-8.4 MISCONDUCT

A lawyer shall not:

(a) violate or attempt to violate the Rules of Professional Conduct, knowingly assist or induce another to do so, or do so through the acts of another;

(b) commit a criminal act that reflects adversely on the lawyers honesty, trustworthyness, or fitness as a lawyer in other respects;