« Terri Schiavo Allowed to Receive Communion | Main | Moving Forward and Communicating »

March 27, 2005

Terri Schiavo Supporters Hold DC Press Conference

Topics: Press Releases

Terri hasn't given up. Neither should we. This group certainly has not:

On Monday, March 28, supporters of Terri Schiavo will hold a press conference in front of the White House, on the Lafayette Park side. At 12, noon, Rev. Patrick Mahoney, Director of the Christian Defense Coalition, members of Not Dead Yet, and other supporters of Terri Schiavo, will urge President Bush to intervene on behalf of Terri.

After the press conference, the group plans to confront House Speaker Dennis Hastert, followed by Congressman Tom DeLay, asking them to explain why they have not enforced the subpoenas issued by Congress to Terri Schiavo. The supporters of Terri will also urge Congress to find Florida Probate Judge George Greer in contempt for his treatment of Terri Schiavo's subpoena.
Updated:

CNN is now reporting this story here.

Posted by tim at March 27, 2005 11:08 PM

Articles Related to Press Releases:

Comments

Since seeing Rev. Pat Mahoney & Randall Terry's news conference, on what a TOUGH FIGHT Terri is putting up, and on how they will be confronting Speaker Hastert, et al about enforcing the subpoenas, I have been busy writing letters to Mr. Hastert, Mr. Delay, and my own congressman.

I suggest as many of us as possible do so!! Contact information through http://www.house.gov

We will not forget Greer's utter contempt for Congress.

Posted by: Suzanne. at March 28, 2005 12:38 AM

Agreed, and Congress should not forget his utter contempt for the due process of the law as he continued to make up his own Greer's law. I really do suspect that there is a screw loose in that head of his.

Posted by: Maggie4life at March 28, 2005 12:49 AM

Where can I go to see this press conference with Terry and Mahoney? Sounds great. I don't have cable, though. Will it be on the Internet somewhere?

I think Greer, Schiavo and Felos are all shaking in their boots, and have been for a while.

They figured they'd get away with murder---just a couple of little lies, a few strokes of their little lying pens, and a few fraudulent lying documents --------

ppfffffffft----------they could make Terri go away, forever.

They are sooooooo B U S T E D !!

The only reason they're not locked up right now, is that Terri's friends are trying to get her out of danger first. She's our first priority.

Posted by: Huntgoddess at March 28, 2005 8:02 AM

I do not know why the webmasters here haven't posted that Tom DeLay will hold Greer in contempt if Terri doesn't show up to the hearing.

I wrote a letter to DeLay thanking him for being the only governmental official to step up for her and wrote that Felos and M. Schiavo need to be subpeoned. That Felos needs to be tried for accessory to murder and Schiavo attempted and 1st degree if she dies. I also stated Greers clear abuse and pay offs. I printed out any and all subpeonas about Terri's condition pre-tube removal, Michael's vicious behavior, attempts to kill and whatever medical records I could fine online. I also printed out articles about Felos/Greers corruption. My husband is faxing it to DeLays office as we speak.

If she is not done justice, we are moving out of the country. I can not, in good faith, support a system where an innocent helpless women is killed and not one person can stop it. Our decision is based on many governmental thing since 2001. Terri really is the straw that broke the camels back.

Posted by: Julie at March 28, 2005 8:39 AM

Illinois residents. Call Congressmans Hasterds office. I just did. They are claiming there is nothing they can do. BS. I told the rep that if nothing is done and she dies, we will work to make sure he doesn't get re-elected.

I said there is overwhelming evidence that this is domestically abused murder and Greer is commiting Judicial tyranny.

Posted by: Julie at March 28, 2005 8:49 AM

Love you, Huntgoddess. Let's bust them. Remember how Caiphus and company began to worry before Jesus was even off the cross? So, too, shall these.

I'm calling DeLay in a few minutes.

God bless you, julie, but if you leave, we'll be down one. Maybe two down if your faxing husband leaves with you. Don't do that to us!

Posted by: mary et. al. at March 28, 2005 10:18 AM

Any updates on this? Is DeLay going to do anything now?

Posted by: sujata at March 28, 2005 11:32 AM

Can the congress start a criminal investigation of michael schiavo?

Posted by: sujata at March 28, 2005 11:33 AM

Can someone please post the email addresses/fax nos. of those we can contact please?
Thanks

Posted by: sujata at March 28, 2005 11:39 AM

I was wondering when someone would ask about the subpoenas! What powers do Michael,Felos and Greer have over the AMERICAN gov? Does this mean we could all disobey a subpoena from congress?

Posted by: delphinius at March 28, 2005 12:16 PM

Love you, too, mary et. al.

You know, I think that is exactly what I had in the back of my mind---about Caiaphas-----but didn't realize it. Because, of course, that story was in the Easter Triduum, and we just read it a few days ago.

Julie and hubby, great work!!! Thank God for friends like you.

Julie, I thought of the same thing. I don't really feel it's safe here in the United States anymore, if someone doesn't save Terri.

We have become like Germany under the Third Reich.

But, I could never afford to go anywhere. I would have nowhere to go and no resources once I get there. I'll just have to stay and fight----or die trying. And, as Mary says, we need as many as possible here to do that.

Posted by: Huntgoddess at March 28, 2005 12:17 PM

I'm dying to hear more about those subpoenas myself.

I'm going to write DeLay also.

That press conference must be going on right now. It's 12:20 p.m. in District of Columbia. Wish I could hear or read about it somewhere.

Did you ever notice how the media portrays Terry's supporters? They never mention us at all, unless it's to point to some alleged "violence" that one of us has allegedly committed.

And, they keep trying to suggest that Terry is wasting away--------it's all so sad and tragic, and, yes, blot your eyes, so completely NECESSARY and UNAVOIDABLE, for "our" system of government to function.

And, that the Schindlers are a bunch of cranky, delusional "nut jobs" unable to "let go" of their "dying" daughter-----who, in reality----according to all the "experts"-------is just a living corpse. The Schindlers are being characterized as "wasting government resources" and "taking up the judicial system's time" litigating something that was already "resolved".

Argghhhh, where's my barf bag?

I'm going to try to write to some of our local media, perhaps, and tell them they're only reporting one side of the story.

My house is a mess. I've been neglecting everything-----except Mass-------for the whole, entire week, pretty much. Terry's worth it, though.

God bless.