BlogsforTerri

« From the Greta Van Susteran Show: Image and audio of Terri with her father | Main | Terri Schiavo Dead at 41 »

March 31, 2005

Terri Schiavo has just died (Updated)

Terri Schindler Schiavo has just died - message from family.

cross posted at Hyscience

Update: Michael Schiavo threw the Schindlers out of Terri's room - trusted source. (I can't post the rest of the message, and am biting my tongue to keep from saying what I really feel)

Update 2: Michael Schiavo denied Terri's mother, father, sister and brother the right to be with her. He would not permit them into hospice even though it was her parents who brought her into this world. George Felos was seen going into her room with a large black bag and Michael Schiavo denied access to Bobby at 1AM this morning. - Cheryl Ford, R.N.

May God Rest her Soul.

Posted by richard at March 31, 2005 10:01 AM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Terri Schiavo has just died (Updated):

» Theresa Marie Schiavo, 1963-2005 from Ramblings' Journal
All the networks are reporting within the past five minutes that Terri Schiavo has passed away at her hospice in Florida.Word had surfaced in the hour prior that her parents, Bob and Mary Schindler would not be allowed to be... [Read More]

Tracked on March 31, 2005 10:04 AM

» Terri Schindler Schiavo has just died - message from family from bLogicus
According to the Schindler family, Terri Schindler Schiavo has just passed away. The long battle for her life has ended with the United States standing impugned before God that a disabled woman could be publicly starved to death by order of the court. ... [Read More]

Tracked on March 31, 2005 10:11 AM

» Terri Schindler Schiavo has just died - message from family from bLogicus

Tracked on March 31, 2005 10:11 AM

» Terri Schiavo has died from Extreme Catholic
Associated Press first wire story [Read More]

Tracked on March 31, 2005 10:11 AM

» Terri has died from A Mom And Her Blog
As per Blogs for Terri and Fox News, Terri has just died. At least now she's at peace and out of this stupid messed up world.... [Read More]

Tracked on March 31, 2005 10:16 AM

» Rest In Peace from Sierra Faith
Theresa Marie Schindler Schiavo has died. Unconfirmed reports are that her parents were not allowed to be with her at the time of her death. [Read More]

Tracked on March 31, 2005 10:22 AM

» Terri Schiavo Has Passed Away. from WILLisms.com
Terri Schiavo died today after fighting to stay alive for two weeks. Rest in peace, Terri.... [Read More]

Tracked on March 31, 2005 10:23 AM

» Terri Schiavo Dead at 41 from Pajama Hadin
(CNSNews.com) - After 14 days without food or water, Terri Schiavo died around 9:50 Thursday morning - shortly after her parents issued an emotional plea to be at her hospice bedside in her final moments of life. Terri's husband and legal guardian, ... [Read More]

Tracked on March 31, 2005 10:33 AM

» Terri Schiavo Has Died from GOP Bloggers
Via FOX News: Terri Schiavo died Thursday morning around 10 a.m. EST after her parents had plead with her husband Michael Schiavo to allow them to be at their brain-damaged daughter's bedside in her final hours, a spokesman for the... [Read More]

Tracked on March 31, 2005 10:34 AM

» Shall bloom to fade no more from Tributaries

Terri has passed away.

May she rest in peace.

God knows the Living shan't from now on.

Update from Blogs For Terri : that hideous beast who used the ...

[Read More]

Tracked on March 31, 2005 10:44 AM

» TERRI UPDATE - MARCH 31ST from The SmarterCop
FLASH: Terri Schiavo has died. God forgive us all. Last word in a bit. MORE: - This is justice for ya, and it strikes deep at the heart of our broken judicial system: Michael Schiavo's victory,the pulling of Terri's feeding... [Read More]

Tracked on March 31, 2005 11:16 AM

» Whispers, Whispers (Cont'd)... from Argghhh! The Home Of Two Of Jonah's Military Guys..
Now THIS (last paragraph) is bad. Should we not, as people, even in times of great stress, fight the urge to deny our duties as, well, people? At least they got to view the body... *sigh* May Spirit touch (and... [Read More]

Tracked on March 31, 2005 12:25 PM

Update: PROTECTING THE WEAK [K. J. Lopez] President Bush, a little earlier: Today millions of Americans are saddened by the death of Terri Schaivo. Laura and I extend our condolences to Terri Schaivo's families. I appreciate the example of grace... [Read More]

Tracked on March 31, 2005 03:19 PM

Comments

Terri Schiavo Dies After Battle
By Parents to Keep Her Alive

Associated Press
March 31, 2005 10:01 a.m.

Michael Shiavo's attorney says Terri Schiavo, the brain-damaged woman whose parents fought a long court battle against her husband to keep her alive, has died.

The feeding tube that has been keeping Ms. Schiavo alive at a hospice in Pinellas Park, Fla., was removed March 18. Doctors at the time said that unless it is reinserted she likely would die within two weeks.

The news comes after the Supreme Court on Wednesday once again refused to order Ms. Schiavo's feeding tube reinserted, the latest in a series of setbacks to her parents' attempts to keep their severely brain-damaged daughter alive.

Posted by: extremecatholic [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 10:08 AM

God Bless Terri's soul. I am so sad. Terri we will keep fighting for you and we will never ever forget you sweet sister.....

Posted by: SoCalAngel [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 10:08 AM

God has called home his precious servant, leaving the rest of us here to assure that she did not die in vain.

Lord, Thank you for Terri's life!

Our prayers are with the Schindler family and all of the courageous folks who tried to end this travesty of justice. May the Lord give them peace and shower them with His Grace.

Posted by: Robert W. Smith MD [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 10:12 AM

I somehow still thought we could save her.
I don't even know what to think.
Her parents are praying over her body.
Michael refused to let them be with her in her last moments.

Posted by: Foug [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 10:12 AM

What Have We Done ?
It's To Sad To Write.

Posted by: lynaqua [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 10:14 AM

It's a sad, sad day for our country. The precedent has been set. God help us!

Posted by: ep4life [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 10:17 AM

This is such a sad sad day.
We will keep fighting for life and will demand justice. May God bless Terri's family. They have shown deep love for their daughter.

Pray that the medical examiner doing the autopsy can "get to the bottom" of this and crack it open. He has access to sealed court records. That is good news.

Posted by: sherry [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 10:20 AM

Yes, pray for the family now, may God comfort and uphold them. Terri has escaped her enemies and is now safe at last.

Dr. Smith,

I have a question for you. Are there any diseases wherein the nervous system either misinterprets the brain's intentions or somehow cuts itself off from the brain and begins to do its own "thinking", which it is not equipped to do? In any event, it begins sending out orders to the muscles which have no basis in rationality or self preservation.

This is apropos to this situation and not a request for free medical advice. But if one were to think of this country as a human body with the brain being the legislative branch, the judiciary the nervous system and the executive the muscles, what would your diagnosis be and what treatment would you apply?

Posted by: mary et. al. [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 10:23 AM

Does anyone know the color of the creossed ribbon that would represent Terri? I thought it might be pink. My sister will make a pin for me to wear everyday to remember Terri.

Posted by: Caryn [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 10:24 AM

We need to keep after our legislators to make sure this never happens again. Let Terri not die in vain. And lets keep after the CDF in Florida to make sure there is a FULL investigation into this situation. I have a feeling they will uncover quite a lot.

People should never be deprived of food and water. Never. A breathing tube for someone who cannot breathe on their own and has no brain activity is a completely different situation.
*IF* Terri really said anything (which I doubt), she was probably talking about that, not wishing for herself to be deprived of food and water.

Finally, lets pray for Michael Schiavo and his demonic crew of accomplices. It is likely that some of them may not have long to live, or let me just say that I would not be surprised at all if one of the Schindler's in their grief or some other unbalanced soul decides to dole out some street justice. I don't condone that in any way, but I see it as a definite possibility.

Posted by: VicarDave [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 10:25 AM

My heart is broken.
I am relieved to know she isn't suffering anymore, and her body and mind are now whole.

But...the way she died was heart-breaking.

"Vengeance is Mine, and recompense;
Their foot shall slip in due time;
For the day of their calamity is at hand,
And the things to come hasten upon them.'
Deuteronomy 32:35

Posted by: JIHC [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 10:28 AM

God rest her soul.

Waiting for the wrongful death suit naming Michael, Felos, Greer, Whitemore, and the 11th Circuit as defendants...

Urge your Senators to support the "constitutional option" to limit debate on judicial nominees. Nominees deserve to get a vote, not a filibuster.

Posted by: corrie [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 10:29 AM

I will pray the prayer of the prophet Habakkuk.

Posted by: that woman [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 10:29 AM

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
when sorrows like sea billows roll;
whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul.

Posted by: corrie [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 10:31 AM

My heart is shattered. I am not Jewish, I'm Catholic, but I intend to say Kaddish for Terri 3 times a day for a year. I have posted about her death, but I cannot post anything else right now, not even the fact that her family were not allowed with her. I'm in tears, sobbing as I type, though I knew this would happen today. I will say Kaddish for Terri, and for all of my own family dead who've died...God bless the Schindler family, and may they realize that Terri is now safe, she can no longer be harmed, her body is beyond the reach of pain...

Posted by: Salena [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 10:35 AM

"Lay down your sweet and weary head
Night has fallen
You have come to journey's end

Sleep now and dream of the ones who came before
They are calling from across a distant shore...

What can you see on the horizon?
Why do the white gulls call?
Across the sea, a pale moon rises
The ships have come to carry you home..."

Posted by: Baillie [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 10:37 AM

Sounds like Michael Schievil and George Foolos probably just suffocated her since she was taking too long to die. They wouldn't let the family in, and Foolos brought in a black bag.

Even if she died "naturally", that is beyond despicable to not allow her family to be with her. But then, we already knew he was beyond despicable, didn't we?

Posted by: VicarDave [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 10:38 AM

I have no words. My love and condolences to the Schindler family. The fight must go on to prevent further such horrors.

Posted by: Rachel Ann [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 10:42 AM

I, too, am wondering why MS and felos would not allow the family in. Maybe they were tired of waiting?

I pray for Terri's family, that God will give them the strength to go on with life and not let the horrible, immoral, and unethical events that have happened to them drive them to bitterness. I pray they will use this to further the cause for life, for Terri's sake.

Let us never forget her!

Posted by: ep4life [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 10:45 AM

Terri May the Choirs of Angels come to greet you
May they speed you to paradise. May the Lord enfold you in his mercy May you find the eternal light.

Posted by: britnick [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 10:45 AM

God bless Terri and her family. May God provide them comfort and peace.

And may the rest of us whose hearts break for them work to end injustice such as this.

Posted by: I hope [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 10:45 AM

Terri
May the choirs of Angels come to greet you,
May they speed you to paradise,
May the Lord enfold you in his mercy,
May you find the eternal light.

Posted by: britnick [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 10:47 AM

Does anyone know the color of the crossed ribbon to represent Terri? Is it pink?

Posted by: Caryn [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 10:50 AM

Please please do not say the "kaddish" for Terri. I am jewish. It is for your parents and considered wishing your parents dead. Terri was catholic, please pray for her in proper religious terms. If you want to say anything, say the Sh'ma which is what the person says right before they die.

I am going to share what happened to me at the chance of being made fun of.

When I learned of her death, I started crying and asked Hashem (G-d) to please let me speak with her. I asked for a sign. Nothing happened for a good 10-20 minutes so I went back to ironing.

There is a fan in our dining room with 3 lights. It is near where I am ironing. I noticed it dimmed twice while nothing else in the house changed. I turned and asked "Terri, is this you?" and it dimmed again once.

I told her that I didn't know her personally but we will all avenge her death and not let him get away with this.

Call me crazy but this happened.

Posted by: Julie [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 10:50 AM

Caryn, I believe people have been using a green ribbon to show support for Terri.

Posted by: LifeisPrecious [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 10:56 AM

Michael Schiavo was a sadist right to the end to her parents.

I don't want anybody to sit there and tell me the garbage that he EVER cared about Terri.

But his days as a pariah ala O.J. and Dan White have just begun.

Posted by: Susan Nunes [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 10:57 AM

Thank you, JIHC for Deuteronomy 32.35. I cannot breathe. This is also "a day that will live in infamy". And a dark day on the future of America.

I pray God's blessings on Terri's family for peace, comfort and to be surrounded by His sustaining love. You have all of you fought the good fight. My prayers will be with you all day and all night. They have killed your precious child.

Sweet Terri, God's speed. You are free at last from their grip, and with your Heavenly Father, who will take up your cause with those who have murdered you on this earth. We here will not forget you.

I have chills and am sunk to my marrow. I sense the evil in this. I will take up the fight, but for today, I grieve.

Posted by: juleni [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 10:59 AM

Terri:

Enjoy your eternity wrapped in the comfort and love of Sweet Jesus' arms. Kiss our Holy Mother for me and ask her to please beg Jesus to forgive this evil nation.

Posted by: Tress [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 11:01 AM

May her soul rest in peace. May her family receive comfort in their time of grief.

God Bless her Family.

Posted by: ElizabethV [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 11:01 AM

Julie, I don't think it's crazy at all.

The other day, I was praying, asking God to be with Terri. And I had the most wonderful feeling as if God was talking to me - telling me that of course I am with Terri. Do not worry about that. I felt a smile deep inside as I knew it was true. I actually smiled and cried at the same time as I felt God's reassurance so strongly - and I don't know how to explain this - but we kind of smiled together - it was like you know I am there and through my tears, I said, I know you are.

Posted by: LifeisPrecious [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 11:02 AM

We watched you suffer day by day,
and could not help in any way,
but just stood by and saw you
pass into our Savior's arms at last.
In tears we watched you sinking,
we watched you fade away,
our hearts were almost broken
you fought so hard to stay.
But when we saw you sleeping
so peacefull, free from pain,
we could not wish you back
to suffer that again.

Posted by: Foug [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 11:03 AM

Julie,

You are not crazy. When my grandmother died after a long struggle, the same thing happened with my aunt, who was weeping. There was a lighted candle in the room, and it dimmed almost to going out also twice, then burst back into flame both times, after my aunt prayed for a sign twice, each time that grandma was with God. It was very clear and very strange. I still remember her telling us that.

from the other Julie

Posted by: juleni [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 11:04 AM

Lifeis precious

Thank you very much. My sister will make a pin that I will wear everyday and I will place a green ribbon magnet saying "remember Terri" on my car. Rise precious angel and fly. You were truely loved by many!

Posted by: Caryn [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 11:04 AM

Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One.

God, hold Terri close.

Posted by: juleni [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 11:05 AM

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me...

It's over for Terri. If ever a suffering soul went straight to Heaven, surely she did. But it's not over for us, and it won't be until we get to the bottom of the sordid legal mess and make sure this never happens to anyone else again.

Posted by: Mary in LA [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 11:12 AM

One of my favorite passages, Mary. Thank you.

Posted by: LifeisPrecious [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 11:14 AM

Lord, receive your servant as she comes to you this day.
We further pray that you give us the strength to fight so that this never happens again

Posted by: JRob [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 11:16 AM

It definitely isn't over for us. Michael's camp probably thinks we'll all go home like dogs with our tail between our legs, but no! I know for myself, I will continue to fight for those who can't defend themselves. Terri's plight has changed my life in the 2.5 years I've "known" her, and I think hundreds of thousands of other people all over the world have been touched by Terri too. This is far from over.

Posted by: Sirena [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 11:17 AM

Caryn, I would like to place a green ribbon magnet on my car as well, saying "remember Terri". Is there anywhere that flexible magnet material may be purchased, that may then be cut in the shape of a ribbon?

Posted by: juleni [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 11:17 AM

I have created a Yahoo Group for anyone wanting to meet in its chat and just be together. Of course Yahoo will make you join the group but you can quit the group any time you want. I just thought it would be nice to have a place where we can meet and chat about our thoughts and grieve together.

Membership is open so you don;t have to wait for approval. This is not to take anything away from BlogsForTerri, I just thought it would be nice to have a place we could all be togehter and not use the comments here like a message board.

Posted by: SoCalAngel [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 11:18 AM

Is it true about Felos brining in a big black bag into her room before she died? Can anyone confirm this? What the hell was that for?

Posted by: Sirena [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 11:18 AM

I am not a religious person. I believe in God but I am not religious in my day-to-day life. But I have been following Terri's plight and crying along with everyone else and this morning after hearing of her death, I did lower my head and pray.

My parents have always been my best friends and the closest people in the world to me and I know had it been me, my parents would have been the people who knew me best, who truly respected and understood my wishes and who I was. This is what drew me so personally into all of this, the way her parents were pretty much discarded and a maggot like Michael Schiavo was given validation.

Michael Schiavo is a disgusting and cruel excuse of a 'man' and when I heard he denied access at the end, I wanted to throw up. I believe in karma very strongly and while it isn't nice to think it, I take solace in belief that he will eventually be met with his karma and the results of what he has done.

My heart goes out to the Schindlers and this non religious person is proud to stand with those who speak of God and life above all. It is indeed a dark day for all of us when something like this is allowed to happen in America.

My apologies for going on so long, I have been deeply impacted by Terri and my heart aches for her family.

May God bless us all, even us non religious folks.

Posted by: WebKittyn [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 11:22 AM

Juleni,
I need to do some research to find the magnets, maybe an arts and craft store. Maybe a non-profit company can make them and give the proceeds to the Shindler family. I think it would be a special show of support and love for Terri.

Posted by: Caryn [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 11:38 AM

Caryn, it is a plaid green ribbon

here is a reference

Posted by: pjb [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 12:02 PM

What was wonderful about this situation is that it brought so many different groups together for one simple goal, to save Terri from being killed.
Christians, Jews, non-religious, athiests, agnostics, gays, straights, pro-choice, and pro-life, Democrat, Independants, Republicans... they all came together to help Terri. It was so non-partisan.

Thank you to everyone who fought hard for Terri!

Posted by: Sirena [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 12:12 PM

WebKittyn,

Thanks for your heartfelt posting. I feel like I have lost a sister, a younger, helpless, disabled sister. The sadness and sorrow we feel is an indication that our hearts are still soft, still human, and still full of compassion for the weak and helpless that live among us. I am crying as I write this, but am so glad to see that there are so many of us that still have that flame of compassion burning withing our souls.

My hope is that ... that love which causes us to weep for Terri will also cause us to take action, and work for reforms in our nation that will prevent tragedies like this from happening again.

The same love we feel for Terri is, I think, a small reflection of the immense love that God has for us all.

Dave

Posted by: Dave_MN [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 12:29 PM

Caryn-Magnet America http:www.magnetamerica.com has custom magnets that include 2 colors that can be ordered 1000 for 1.50 each. Could that be put together? I know we could sell them easy and raise some money in the meantime.

Posted by: alwayschooselife [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 01:35 PM

Mammothdiscount has them even cheaper

Posted by: alwayschooselife [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 01:44 PM

Julie, you are not crazy.

This morning, I awakened to the sound of a woman's voice whispering, "Mommy".

I do have two adult daughters of my own, but I didn't feel that it was either of them, and I didn't feel that I was the "Mommy" in question. It was as if I was overhearing something for another "Mommy".

May God have mercy on our souls, and on the United States of America, for what it has done.

What is that slimedog Felos doing taking a black bag into her room, when Bob and Mary have to submit to strip searches and check points? What right does Felos have to be in there at all?

Her parents should have been there.

I'm in it for the long haul. These people definitely need to be brought to justice. And, they will be. They have nowhere to hide.

I'm numb. I really just don't know what to do. I feel like a zombie. But, I know that Terri is safe now with Our Lord and His Blessed Mother.

Posted by: Huntgoddess [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 03:12 PM

I would like to say that it has been a blessing to find a site like "Blogs for Terri". There are so many people here who want to do something about these horrible events, instead of just talking her to death. I live in an academic community and yes, indeed, I get tired of all the talk, talk, talk. The talking heads who spread misinformation and little else exploited her as a "topic" and never realized she was (and remains) a person. This site has been an oasis for me, for I am surrounded by people who are far, far too rational and prefer to keep it that way. Bio-ethicists are the worst, by and large.

Posted by: abigail [TypeKey Profile Page] at March 31, 2005 03:18 PM