« Terri's Dad Keeps Fighting | Main | Demand an Autopsy - Reminder »

March 28, 2005

Subpeonas for the Congressional Hearings

Topics: Legislative Action Items

Thanks to reader JoMarley for the following Action Items:

Contact the following to re-issue the subpeonas for the Congressional
hearings.

Rep Tom Delay(TX) 202-225-3725 202 225-5951
Sen Bill Fist 202-224-3344
Rep Dennis Hastert (ILL) 202-225-2976

Rep Mike Fitzpatrick (PA) 202-225-4276

Sen Arlen Spector (PA) 202-224-4254

Sen Enzi, the Chrm of the Health, Education, Labor and Pension
Committee who first orderd the subpoenas. The Hearings have been postponed til April6 th , Subpoenas could be reissued.

Ask them to reissue the subpeonas.

When you send your message to Sen Enzi, you have the option to have
you letter hand deliverd for $8.95 for extra impact.!

I did !

Posted by tim at March 28, 2005 4:15 PM

Articles Related to Legislative Action Items:

Comments

I have sent one last telegram to Jeb Bush:

"It appears that Congress's subpoenas have expired. The hearing is scheduled for April 6, by which time Terri Schiavo will certainly be dead.
If you value right action, if you value human life, if you value the support and votes of millions of disabled Americans and their families, then use your legal power of executive clemency to save Terri Schiavo now. We will not forget your support. Save Terri now."

Posted by: Mary in LA at March 28, 2005 4:40 PM

I deffinately think we all need to keep fighting for Terri. I am just very concerned as to what is going on when Gov. Bush has all of the information in this case and many offers from constitutional legal professionals and still allows a circut court judge to order him as well as the DCF to stand down! I can't help feeling that there is still much more in this case that we don't know.

During the interview on CNN the Revrend made the comment that if a circut court judge made a judgement that stopped black people from attending University in his jurisdiction the Govenor would be all over it and not making the claim that he can't go against a court rulling. He's absolutely right! That has already happened in past history.

Something else is going on. We don't know all of the facts. There are still too many unaswered questions. I believe we have the right to demand the answers!

Posted by: imdll at March 28, 2005 5:20 PM

I just sent a hand delivered letter to Sen. Enzi. Cant we do this to Tom Delay etc. Is there a link? How do you send a telegram, can it be done online? Thanks

Posted by: sujata at March 28, 2005 7:01 PM

I've been writing everybody and his brother (ahem), anybody in any position of authority in Washington and Florida, writing alot, since that's all I can do from here in Arizona.

But I too noticed how strange Gov. Bush's claims to helplessness are, in light of all the constitutional scholars, lawyers, judges, and law enforcement people, who have weighed in that he DOES have the constitutional power to intervene.

So I don't know what is really going on either, but I'll tell you, I finally got fed up and wrote to Gov. Bush suggesting that if he really feels he can't "legally" go in, then he should answer to the higher law, just do what is RIGHT, Save Terri, and then resign his office.

==========

I won't forget this failure to act by EITHER of the Bush brothers.

Posted by: Suzanne. at March 28, 2005 7:04 PM

Is there a way to telegram or hand deliver a letter to Jeb Bush?

Posted by: sujata at March 28, 2005 7:07 PM

Telegrams can be sent at http://www.westernunion.com ($14.99) or http://www.usatelegram.com (more expensive).

Posted by: Mary in LA at March 28, 2005 7:14 PM

You know, I wonder if we ought to be mentioning to Governor Bush that since he basically is saying (my opinion) that he is nothing more than a PUPPET of the Florida Courts and Greer in particular, we will therefore urge friends and family NEVER to travel to Florida or move there. Why should anyone go to Florida? In my opinion, Florida is UNSAFE. Consider the facts: A judge hands a sentence of dehydration and starvation to an innocent person. He then orders that anyone trying to do the HUMANE thing and give her a glass of water be arrested! Even CHILDREN. The police, part of the Executive Branch, bow to Greer's (part of the Judicial branch) order. In my opinion, Florida is simply UNSAFE.

Posted by: cw at March 28, 2005 7:22 PM

Mary in LA, thanks, what should be the address on the telegram for Jeb bush

Posted by: sujata at March 28, 2005 7:36 PM

Jeb Bush
400 S. Monroe Street
Executive Office of the Governor
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0001

Posted by: Mary in LA at March 28, 2005 7:48 PM

Mary in LA, I need help again please. I went to western union, but there is no telegram option, what should I do

Posted by: sujata at March 28, 2005 8:08 PM

got it, thanks

Posted by: sujata at March 28, 2005 8:11 PM

I just sent the telegram, thansk mary.

Let;s create a storm, ask for oral feeding of Terri, this would change public opinion. How can any half decent person (except Greer) deny oral feeding of a human being.

Posted by: sujata at March 28, 2005 8:26 PM

Ummmm....

So, just how come the MARSHALLS are protecting Judge Greer from "harm" (possible death threats), but they haven't been sent in to protect Terri from "harm" (absolute ordered death)... just who had the AUTHORITY to send the Marshalls to Greer but NOT to Terri?

Posted by: Raquel at March 28, 2005 9:38 PM