« Video: Family Lawyer and Priest speaks out about Terri's death | Main | Terri is dead »

March 31, 2005

Statement of the Terri Schindler-Schiavo Foundation

Topics: Press Releases

Clearwater, FL - It is with heavy hearts that the volunteers of the Terri Schindler-Schiavo Foundation acknowledge the passing of Terri on this day at approximately 9.00am ET.

Terri has demonstrated to us a tremendous will to live by enduring more than 13 days of deprivation.

So many people from every walk of life have expressed their love and support to Terri and her family throughout this struggle and we thank them for their kindness. Messages of condolences and prayers have begun coming in from all parts of the world and we are touched and comforted by the kind words of so many people.

It was reported to us that Terri's family was not permitted to be at her bedside when she passed and it is our hope that they will be comforted in this very difficult hour by your kindness.

Posted by tim at March 31, 2005 11:51 AM

Articles Related to Press Releases:

Comments

God has called home His precious servant, leaving the rest of us here to assure that she did not die in vain and to live in a world that needs our witness.

Lord, Thank you for Terri's life!

All of our prayers are with the Schindler family and also with all of those courageous folks outside the hospice who tried to end this travesty of justice.

May the Lord grantthe entire Schindler family His peace and shower them lovingly with the goodness of His Grace.

Posted by: Robert W. Smith MD at March 31, 2005 12:12 PM

I'm sorry Terri.
Lord, thank you that you rule over all the nations. Please forgive us.

Posted by: Coyote at March 31, 2005 12:31 PM

Dr. Smith are you on here?

Posted by: mary et. al. at March 31, 2005 12:43 PM

My deepest sympathy to the Shindler family. I have followed this story for many years and feel that a serious injustice has happened here. I do hope that you will persue the law suit of wrongful death against Michael Shiaivo and his new "wife", and request he account for every penny that he was awarded on Terri's behalf. I further hope that you will find comfort in knowing that Terri is in God's arms and peaceful. God bless all of you.

Posted by: Savedangel61 at March 31, 2005 12:52 PM

Beloved Hearts of Mr and Mrs Schindler, Bobby and Suzanne. Millions of us mourn today with you. Millions of us feel pain over the loss of Terri. You did absolutely everything you possibly could for her cause and though your hearts are heavy with grief they are not heavy with guilt. Our hearts are one with you at this time.

Posted by: Anna_Nordin at March 31, 2005 12:53 PM

This one goes out to the Schindler family, that today saw their daughter and sister slain by greed, self-worship and national politics. My sincere condolences...

God be with you.

Posted by: Joshua at March 31, 2005 12:55 PM

I was looking at a video of Terri last night, her mouth open, her eyes blinking as she looked this way and that. There was something about the expression in her features which seemed striking and familiar to me, something I couldn't quite identify - until it suddenly so seemed obvious. It was a look of marveling wonder in her features, something almost childlike, something we might see on the faces of others who we suppose "in their own world" rather than ours. Who or what was it that Terri was gazing toward in wondering amaze? I'll always believe that Terri, in ways the rest of us can't understand, has been gazing into the face of God these past fifteen years. She came back for moments, smiled for her mother, a smile you and I know with our hearts was something so much more than reflex or anything of the sort. If with a half percent of the capacity the rest of us have, you and I know in our hearts that Terri's smile for her mother was the emotion of her own heart spoken for her mother, the love of her heart for her mother.
And then Terri turned her eyes back to God, a God who has asked of her patience in ways incomprehensible to the rest of us. I'll always believe that Terri has been saying yes, your will be done, for fifteen years now. And why should Terri be so important to us? I can only believe that Terri is all of humanity in ways we haven't seen in a very long time now, Terri simply the one person in the world at the moment to whom God wishes us to devout our attention, not to the exclusion of others, but in a very special way.
I'm searching desparately for consolation, for myself, for those who love Terri as passionately as I do. And for me, that consolation is the certainty that Terri is one of the greatest saints who has ever resided on this earth. How can we know what she has gone through for these past fifteen years? How can we know what prayers she has prayed? For herself. For us. Terri must have prayed a million times, please, Father, I want to come home. And God says, please, my daughter, a little while longer. If you say yes, Terri, just a little longer, you will by your suffering show love for your God which will lead multitudes to heaven with you. Can anyone possibly doubt that Terri has said yes to God, again and again for the past fifteen years now? Can anyone possibly doubt that Terri is still saying yes to God, that Terri is saying yes to God at this moment - that Terri is saying, Father, your will be done. Terri is now home. Remember us to our Father, Terri.

Posted by: dea at March 31, 2005 12:58 PM

Reaffirming that it is up to us all to carry on with the knowledge that Terri did not die in vain. How aptly stated. Terri gave face to the term "respect life." If we have not been able to personally relate to this term, it is now defined in a way that has stirred up the moral conviction in us all to fight for. Her life has awakened in this country, the polarized views of those who have opinion of how life should be respected. Those who have directly pursued her death have saddened us all in their disrespect of life. And those who, by their lack of action, have contributed to this moral travesty as well. Namely the judicial system and all those in political authority who did not have the moral courage to act. But, the awakening that has occurred, and now fueled even greater because of Terri's passing, will propel those of us to act and do whatever is necessary to see that this never happens again.

As a resident of Florida, I am ashamed of our judicial system and saddened by the lack of action by our Governor. Because of the state of our World, many of us have come to question at times, those who are in charge. Let us now add the entire judicial system to that list starting with the judges who allowed testimony of a man with obvious conflict of interest to "speak for Terri." In the very same state that enforces its law upon citizens if they deprive their animals of food or water, it was not only permitted to be done to a human being, but repeatedly ruled on as permissible by the judicial system. Does anyone else find the ultimate hypocrisy in this?

The good fight has just begun.

Posted by: satoashley at March 31, 2005 1:07 PM

I think the cruelity of Michaels actions to her family will be dealt with by God himself. My son is a Traumatic Brain Injury. For 21 days he was in a coma and while in that state the doctors told me that he would be a vegtable if he awoke. He walks, he talks, he hugs, he smiles....He has some deficits but he is alive, and he thanks me everyday for his life and not unplugging him as I was asked twice to while he was in a coma. Terri was denied this right from all I read on this case by Michael. But that look of "being in another world" is Terri looking upon the face of God. God asking her to be the marter for a larger cause. He smile to her mother is just that... a heart warm felt smile only a child can give to her mother...She is in Gods arms and resting peacefully... the emotions that have been brought upon the American people as a whole has been a voice from God telling us something...how many figured it out yet? It's better to believe while alive and die and learn it is not so then to live and not believe and die and learn it is so. God bless..

Posted by: Savedangel61 at March 31, 2005 1:15 PM

I'm sure God as well as millions of Americans shed a tear today in the murder of an innocent soul. I cannot think of a more horrific death than to be starved!! To the dear Shindlers please know that many, many Americans have watched and wept in unbelief when time after time the plea for Terri's life was ignored!!! Please find consolation in the fact that this is an enormous awakening for many of us-that the laws of what we thought was our great nation provide no more protection over the innocent than to allow this unfathomable occurance. God bless Mr. and Mrs. Shindler, Bobby and Suzanne as you have just endured the most unthinkable occurance-we are still in shock that the government and inept system of laws gave you absolutely no recourse and forced you to watch your precious loved one be staved to death!!!!
Please take consolation in the fact that your unspeakable loss has been a huge wake up call to many in this nation. If our government is not set up to protect the innocent, invalid, weak then heaven help us all. This will pave the way for radical changes in our laws and judicial system. Hopefully any laws past regarding this matter will be named in her memory. Please let's everyone tie a black ribbon on your antenae in remembrance of this unspeakable loss and as a reminder of the actions we all must take to ensure no other family has to endure the same. The Shindler family has been and will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

Posted by: jeaniefromtexas at March 31, 2005 1:20 PM

I am numb with unbelief at what I've witnessed. I am angry and I am sad. My heart is breaking for the family and for this country. I want to hate and can't because the price that will be paid by all those with any degree of responsibility for the condition we find ourselves in is beyond what any of us fully understand.

I pray for the nation, everyone who is struggling with what's happened, and the Schindler family and friends. I even pray for the the future Mrs. Schiavo and her children who are caught in a terrifying web of destruction (no doubt MS's intent in having her watch Terri's tube pulled was to instill fear in her heart). I pray for justice and righteousness to prevail still.

Although I don't desire anyone be destroyed, I take comfort that vengeance is the Lord's and every judge will face the Sovereign Judge one day and receive the same mercy they afforded others for "God is not mocked, whatsoever we sow, that shall we also reap."

Posted by: Virginia at March 31, 2005 1:28 PM

I just saw and interesting comment on CNN a few minutes ago. They were discussing how the Govenor had a very heavy heart and they had noticed that when he stated his condolences he only mentioned the Shindlers. They called the Govenor's office and inquired as to why that was and the reply was because Gov. Bush has worked so closely with the Shindlers and then they hung up. It caught me as an interesting gesture on his part and that of those who work for him.

Posted by: imdll at March 31, 2005 1:30 PM

Dearest Mr. and Mrs. Schindler, Bobby and Suzanne, our hearts and thoughts and prayers are with you today, and in the days and nights to come. As I prayed for Terri, I now will pray for you - unceasingly. Your daughter has been killed, and we are all witness to that. We have seen the evidence and who could miss it? We grieve with you, and still stand by your side. Our deepest love and prayers go out to you, today, and our hearts are with you.

Posted by: juleni at March 31, 2005 1:30 PM

I am deeply grieved by this situation. I love terri and I believe a light has been snuffed out. I have a daughter who is brain damaged and on a feedig tube. She's not much different than Terri. I see my daughter in Terri. I'm in shock and disbelief. I am going to continue to fight for Terri and for the unborn and helpless. I hope we will all keep fighting and not grow complacent. We must never forget Terri

Posted by: hannahmom at March 31, 2005 1:35 PM

I have no words today.

Posted by: sujata at March 31, 2005 1:46 PM

Aqui en BRAZIL estamos todos muy tristes por la muerte.. pero sepas que no es en vano lu lucha por tantos años, la vida es grande.. Dios es grande... y se que tu en tu corazón perdonas a las personas k no te dejaram vivir y completar su mission entre nosotros... perooo se tb que tu eres grande. su alma es de luz, fuerte, e pudiste unir um mundo tan desunido por la vida.. gracias Terri.. gracias..
saludos de sus hermanos de alma

Posted by: alvaro andrés at March 31, 2005 2:09 PM

Our family offers its prayers and most sincere condolences to Bob and Mary Schindler, to their son Bobby, and their daughter Suzanne in their grief over Terri's death.

To this just family who has shown what the practice of virtue consists of - committed and dedicated love, persistent kindness and gentleness in the face of viscious adversity, unswerving perseverance in the love and protection of their daughter, may the cross that you have so faithfully borne become, for you, the joy of His Presence in your hearts consoling you in your sadness and grief, knowing that Terri now can help you with her prayers and love.

Thank you for the privilege of knowing and loving your precious daughter, Terri, my sister.

To David Gibbs and those who came forward to testify on Terri's behalf -- blessings and peace in overflowing abundance be yours from Our Risen Lord! Thank you for loving her.

To those who have been the cause of Terri's terror and death, we pray for the gift of repentance and conversion, and pray, in God's justice, that earthly justice will be served to aid in their conversion, so that all of us may praise the Mercy of God with Him in eternity.

Beloved Terri, may you rest close to the Sweet Heart of Jesus, held tenderly in His arms for all eternity

Posted by: TuGGer at March 31, 2005 2:17 PM

My eyes cry tears of sadness, but also of joy and happiness. Terri is at home with her maker.

I pray for the family that they are able to find peace through this, and that they know their daughter is smiling down on them from heaven.

Peace to you all.

Rebecca

Posted by: RebeccaMI at March 31, 2005 2:17 PM

myy heart goes out to Terri's family.I dont feel anyone should have to go through what you all did. I am very sorry. Although I am only 14, Terri's story caught my eye. How could anyone want to take someone's precious life away? I'm really sorry.I will keep you all in my prayers...Rest in Peace Terri.

Posted by: tearz4terri at March 31, 2005 2:51 PM

Cover Story
Mainstream media unreported conflicts of interest in
Schiavo tragedy
by Judi McLeod, Editor,
Thursday, March 31, 2005

Every time a rock is lifted in the Terri Schiavo
tragedy, another conflict of interest comes slithering
out.

The conflict-of-interest potential in the right-to-die
connections among current figures involved in the case
are only outdone by the Woodside Hospice board of
director’s conflict of interest reality.

There’s the death-is-beautiful, right-to-die activist
Michael Schiavo attorney George Felos.

Don’t make eye contact with Felos, who claims he can
ascertain a person’s desire to die by "looking into
their eyes" and letting their spirits speak directly
to him.

A jumped-up volunteer at Woodside Hospice, Felos
became chairman of the Hospice of the Florida
Suncoast, which runs Woodside, and only came off the
board about a year after Michael Schiavo placed his
estranged wife there.

Then there’s Dr. Ronald Cranford, handpicked by
Michael Schiavo to examine Terri and on whose say-so
Terri was categorized in "persistent vegetative
state". Cranford is the MD who officially ordered
Terri’s feeding tube removed on March 18. A
neurologist, Cranford testifies in cases such as
Terri’s around the country, always pumping the
dehydration and starvation side. He was 1992’s
featured speaker for the pro-euthanasia Hemlock
Society, which was renamed The Choice in Dying
Society. (WorldNetDaily).

Cranford nicknamed himself, "Dr. Humane Death".

A bioethicist, and a pioneer in euthanasia and
right-to-die issues, Dr. Humane Death is a
fully-fledged member of The Choice in Dying Society.

At least Cranford is not a board member of the Hospice
of the Florida Suncoast.

Mary Labyak, CEO of Woodside Hospice has direct ties
to the Euthanasia Society of America and Hemlock for
Hospice, described by Hyscience.com as "an
organization that seeks to accelerate the dying
process."

Everett Rice, former Pinellas County Sheriff
(1988-204) endorsed Judge George Greer for reelection
in campaign ads. Rice, a former board member for the
Hospice of the Florida Suncoast, hired Michael Schiavo
while Schiavo’s guardianship proceedings were being
heard in the courtroom of his longtime friend, Judge
George Greer.

Senator Jim King, who originally upheld the passage of
"Terri’s Law", was a board member of Woodside.

Then there’s Gus Michael Bilirikis, Florida State
representative 1998-2000 and between 2001-2003, who
was on the Hospice of the Florida Suncoast board of
directors.

As a county commissioner, Judge Greer was a working
colleague of Barbara Sheen Todd (county commissioner)
for eight consecutive years. Sheen Todd is also on the
board of the hospice where Terri lingers.

Judge Greer’s fellow judge, Judge John Lenderman is
the brother of Martha Lenderman, on the same board.

The mainline media has not reported on the myriad
conflicts of interest connected to the Terri Schiavo
tragedy, although any one interested can read about
them on the Internet.

Canada Free Press founding editor Judi McLeod is an
award-winning journalist with 30 years experience in
the media. A former Toronto Sun and Kingston Whig
Standard columnist, she has also appeared on
Newsmax.com, the Drudge Report, Foxnews.com, and World
Net Daily. Judi can be reached at:
letters@canadafreepress.com.

This page printed from:

Posted by: tmozi at March 31, 2005 2:59 PM

I blame us for this. Her parents did everything. We, as Christians, stood by... I'm so sad! I can't believe it, she starved before our eyes! Her murderer runs free. All we needed was 2 senators to switch their votes. I will never be the same. May God Bless and Keep Terri safe always!

Posted by: Sami at March 31, 2005 3:21 PM

God have mercy on us and our country. Our courts have unjustly condemned a woman to die.

Its horrible that her parents weren't allowed to be at her side when she died.

Posted by: ElizabethV at March 31, 2005 3:21 PM

I'm not sure "We, as Christians, stood by..." but without doubt there is guilt on our nation.

But with Terri gone, it's time to stop fasting, gird up your loins, preach the Gospel, get involved in politics and effect change. For too long Christians have indeed "stood by" thinking they would just leave us alone and all would be well if we kept ourheads down and "trusted God." What we've really done over the past fifty years is cede everything to humanists. And now we've come to this.

The worst danger we face now, is forgetting what happened here, letting the memory fade, and going back to sleep. THEN Terri's death will be a two-fold tragedy and crime.

Posted by: Jeff at March 31, 2005 3:41 PM

The Black Robes of INjustice have darkened this nation forever.

Posted by: Tress at March 31, 2005 8:29 PM