« Terri Schiavo- Why the Rush to Put Her to Death? |
| Disability Rights Activist Has Experienced Medically Induced Starvation »
March 4, 2005
Schiavo DCF Document Released, Alleges Abuse and Neglect
Topics: Legal affairs
Circuit Court Judge George Greer released the Department of Children Families document seeking intervention in the Terri Schiavo case.
The DCF document names Michael Schiavo as responsible for the mistreatment of his wife and quotes a different 34 page document containing allegations of abuse and neglect.
The complaint accuses Michael Schiavo of abuse, neglect and/or exploitation in pertinent part, including but not limited to:
- Failure to file proper guardianship plan or report and the impact upon the health of the ward
- Current confinement issues at the ward’ residence
- Failure to educate using certain therapies in violation of guardianship
- Investigation of rehabilitation entitlements in light of technologies available
- Denial of access to legal counsel on different occasions is a supervision issue never previously investigated and goes directly to health decisions.
- Lack of communication/visitation is a maintenance of mental health and supervision issues.
- Denial of legal notice to ward or ward’s own counsel
- Experimental procedures performed without proper medical and legal procedures observed
- Lack of manipulation of the ward’s arms causing sever contractures.
from the Tampa Tribune.
Crystal Clear notes the "door" that has been opened to past allegations on page 7 section 16 of the document:
Additionally, there are allegations that DCF has investigated that have been closed as unfounded. While DCF stands by its past decisions, it nevertheless reserves its rights to review any updated or relevant information in the full fair and final determination of this matter given the totality of the circumstances.The Empire Journal
Posted by tim at March 4, 2005 1:35 AM
Articles Related to Legal affairs
- Schiavo Judge Continues Speaking Tour -
May 15, 2006
- Alito Responds to Leahy about Terri Schiavo -
Jan 12, 2006
- Schiavo Judge Taker of Liberty, Not Defender -
Jan 06, 2006
- Assisted Suicide Case Before the Supreme Court -
Oct 05, 2005
- Bush administration to probe Terri's case -
Sep 08, 2005
- Bar association honors Greer -
May 16, 2005
- CURE to Greer: "We Are Not Your Friends" -
May 06, 2005
- Judge George Greer Awarded for 'Professionalism' and 'Integrity' -
May 03, 2005
- University of Miami releases Schindler-Schiavo court papers -
Apr 21, 2005
- Schiavo DCF Documents To Be Released -
Apr 14, 2005
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Schiavo DCF Document Released, Alleges Abuse and Neglect:
» I am Ready to Buy The Cristal from Crystal Clear
TITLE: I am Ready to Buy The Cristal
BLOG NAME: Crystal Clear
DATE: 03/04/2005 03:32:13 AM [Read More]