« Terri Schiavo Supporters Hold DC Press Conference | Main | Call to Action Now: If Terri dies, "Demand Autopsy" to discover not only the immediate cause of death, but the proximate cause of death. (Updated with Sample Letter) »

March 27, 2005

Moving Forward and Communicating

Topics: General

Earlier today, Richard posted a message informing our bloggers and readers that we intend to move forward, standing for the sanctity of human life and seeking the defeat of euthanasia by judicial fiat. We are a diverse and highly distributed team with a common mission, spurred ahead and compelled to act by the injustice and tyranny that have been publicly performed by government officials against our friend, Terri Schiavo.

Communication will be key and, in addition to this site, we are compiling an email list of those who have supported Terri through their letters, donations and blogs. This list will be used infrequently for important announcements and calls to action. Make sure your name is added by clicking here.

Posted by tim at March 27, 2005 11:20 PM

Articles Related to General:

Comments

Just a thought on the over turning of laws. In the case for partial birth abortion ban law, the ban was apparently over turned in the Supreme Court and PBA appears to be allowed in some states. It strikes me as a contradiction that an overturning of the law is so difficult for Terri, however, maybe this means that their is hope for a reversal of all the wrongs and errors in Terri's case - does the PBA ban reversal not set a precident?

Posted by: MdH at March 28, 2005 3:56 AM

MdH, my understanding is that it's not a matter of overturning any laws, because the laws that are there to protect Terry were all violated.

There is a statutory procedural framework in Florida to protect disabled people who are represented by a ward. But, Greer, Felos and Schiavo did not follow the legal requirements.

They just operated a sort of "rogue operation" on their own. It wasn't legal, ever.

Except, one thing is, that food and water are now considered "medical treatment" in Florida---------but, they didn't used to be, when Terry was first disabled. So, it's like as if Felos, Greer and Schiavo knew that the law was going to change on that, and they had all the papers drawn up beforehand.

So, that's one thing. We definitely need to work to ensure that every state specifies this------food and water are not ever to be considered "medical treatment" no matter how they are adminstered.

I think that one of the things we will be doing, right away, is exposing the corruption and fraud that have been committed in Terry's case. And, hoping to bring the perpetrators to justice.

However, I don't really know. There are a lot of folks here, and most of them know more than I do about it. These are just my thoughts.

Posted by: Huntgoddess at March 28, 2005 7:19 AM

Huntgoddess,

Baldwin said something about that yesterday, which puzzled me then. Are you saying that the FL legislature enacted a law making giving food and drink a medical procedure?

Posted by: mary et. al. at March 28, 2005 8:12 AM

Yes, Felos in 1999 while representing Schiavo moved a bill that turned water/food into a life saving measure. Let's take their water away and see how long they live.

Posted by: Julie at March 28, 2005 9:15 AM

Julie,

I'm slow and still don't understand. You say a bill and that does mean legislature. FL actually voted this in???!!!!

Posted by: mary et. al. at March 28, 2005 10:10 AM

Julie,

I am appalled, too! Can you recall where you learned of that / what bill or what site it is mentioned on? I will add that to the list I am making up for Dave. If you do not remember, I will try to go back through the evidence and see if I can locate it. Thanks,

Julie P. (juleni) juleni at wowway dot com

Posted by: juleni at March 28, 2005 11:46 AM

I am stunned, what is going on down there in FL?

Posted by: delphinius at March 28, 2005 11:46 AM

It is odvious that no matter what new information or sworn testimony, or eye witness reports, the people who matter to save Terri are closed minded and will not open their minds to the possibility that Terri might not be in PVS. The technology we have today we did not have back then, wouldnt everyone like to be sure before she is allowed to die from starvation?

Posted by: delphinius at March 28, 2005 11:59 AM