« Nurse: Terri Can Eat Normally | Main | Violating Terri's Rights »

March 20, 2005

Michael Schiavo: NO VISITORS PERIOD! (Updated)

- FROM: CHERYL FORD RN

We have "JUST RECEIVED WORD FROM HOSPICE THAT MICHAEL SCHIAVO HAS JUST SUSPENDED VISITATION FROM ALL VISITORS, INCLUDING THE SCHINDLERS FROM BEING WITH THEIR DAUGHTER TERRI IN HER FINAL HOURS.

MICHAEL SCHIAVO WILL BE IN CONTEMPT OF COURT BECAUSE THERE IS A COURT ORDER STATING THEY WOULD BE ALLOWED TO BE WITH THEIR DAUGHTER WITH UNINTERUPTED VISITS.

WE HAVE NO IDEA WHY HE HAS DONE THIS OTHER THEN TO CAUSE MORE PAIN AND SUFFERING TO THE SCHINDLERS."

PLEASE WATCH YOUR NEWS AND EMAIL FOR FURTHER UPDATES.

UPDATE: Parents have just been allowed back in

Posted by richard at March 20, 2005 4:07 PM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Michael Schiavo: NO VISITORS PERIOD! (Updated):

» Terri Schiavo's Parents Barred From Her Deathbed from Common Sense Runs Wild
FOX New and Cheryl Ford, an RN who is closely involved in the Terri Schiavo case, is reporting that Michael Schiavo has suspended visitation from all visitors. This includes her mother and father, the Schindler's, in defiance of a [Read More]

Tracked on March 20, 2005 4:28 PM

» ARRRGH! For Terri!! from Blogotional
Pray for our nation, we really need it right now. [Read More]

Tracked on March 20, 2005 4:30 PM

» No visitors period! The murderer gets bolder from Discarded Lies
Hyscience: Michael Schiavo: NO VISITORS PERIOD! He's planning to kill her somehow. I just know it. Who emboldened him? Maybe those two sonofabitch Democrats who stalled on saving Terri's life? If she dies in the next ten hours, you know... [Read More]

Tracked on March 20, 2005 4:30 PM

» James Joyner Joins Culture of Death from Hennessy's View
Outside The Beltway : Bush Returning to Washington Over Schiavo So, now, we're going to spend hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars to subvert the legal process and the wishes of both Michae...... [Read More]

Tracked on March 20, 2005 5:15 PM

» Terri Groggy and Unresponsive: High fever last night likely due to infection caused by improper removal of the feeding tube from My View of the World
Oh no... What did that "doctor" do? Terri has a high temperature and the tube removal site may be infected. As Mary Eileen asks, Why did they have to remove the tube when they could have left it in and just stopped feeding her through it??? Te... [Read More]

Tracked on March 20, 2005 7:16 PM

Comments

God, I just LOVE the way Michael treats Terri as a posession, don't you? *sigh* What a complete you-know-what.

Posted by: Sirena at March 20, 2005 4:12 PM

This is so upsetting. And its outrageous! Where are the media outlets? Why aren't they telling the truth? I bet he's going to try to kill her with the insulin overdose again.

This is getting horrible.

Posted by: ElizabethV at March 20, 2005 4:13 PM

Yes, I've been very worried about how Terry is doing right now. Unless Judge Greer has written an order preventing treatment for infection, I don't see why Terry is not receiving an antibiotic for this infection.

I hate those words, "final hours" because it's not Terry's final hours. I'm hoping and praying there will be intervention in time to save her.

Please pray to St. Jude, the patron of almost hopeless cases, or St. Dymphna, the patron of those with psych problems, or St. Dismas, the patron of those who are imprisoned, or any saint, and of course, our Blessed Mother, for her intercession.

God bless all of you people who are doing everything possible to save Terry.

Posted by: Diana Goodavage at March 20, 2005 4:16 PM

He can't do that. He thinks he can, but denying her parents to visit is against the law without a court order. You know, the three Death-a-teers, (Michael Schiavo, George Felos, and Judge Greer) think they are above the law. They think they are God.

Posted by: Sirena at March 20, 2005 4:16 PM

Again, Jeb: THANKS FOR NOTHING.

Posted by: Bryan at March 20, 2005 4:17 PM

I fear that, too, ElizabethV. I'm very scared, and worried. I can barely think of anything else.

Terry is the same age as my oldest, and I just want to go in there and get her away, and take her where she is safe, with her mom and dad.

I shudder to think of what Michael might be doing to her, in there.

Please keep praying, calling, writing, emailing and faxing. Send cards and bottled water to the hospice, for Terry, too.

God bless

Posted by: Diana Goodavage at March 20, 2005 4:20 PM

tHE Pinallas Park florida police dept is
727 541 0758

if he not in contempt .. shouldnt the police know

this is crime in progress

Posted by: keeka at March 20, 2005 4:20 PM

Michael probably would say "she wouldn't care about a fever, she wanted to die!"

Medical care for a simple fever/infection should be a right in this country for all, regardless of what the guardian says.

Posted by: ElizabethV at March 20, 2005 4:21 PM

As emotional as this is, I pray that the govenment will stay out of this. Micahel has to be agonizing over his necessary decision.

Posted by: Rev David R. Grate at March 20, 2005 4:22 PM

why is everyone beleiving her husband. Even if she said she would not want to live on life support, that is not the case with her. How can they keep her from receiving nurishment by mouth. That is murder.

Posted by: Barbara at March 20, 2005 4:23 PM

According to Sherri (on the scene) and Sarah D, both the infection story and denial of visitation stories are false. http://straightupwsherri.blogspot.com

Also, the hospice has previously stated that their policy is never to release info about specific members under their care. Why would they break that policy now?

The false stories are doing everyone a disservice.

Posted by: OvertOther at March 20, 2005 4:23 PM

Three Death-a-teers!!

That covers it, Sirena. Thanks for putting it so succinctly.

I don't want to laugh, until Terry is out of danger, though. I'll be ROFL-------but, not until after she's away from them.

God bless you, and God bless Terry. Please send your holy guardian angels to watch over, protect, guard, guide and bless her.

Posted by: Diana Goodavage at March 20, 2005 4:25 PM

I wish more people would admit that rumors are what is paling the public's view on this. It is not and should not be a public matter. It is Michael's decision and only his, until the court says otherwise.

Posted by: Rev David R. Grate at March 20, 2005 4:29 PM

Let's suppose that all goes well, and shortly after midnight, the House, Senate and President get their act together and sign this legislation into law.

How long before a federal judge will actually pick up the ball and order the feeding tube and medical care restored? 12:30? Tomorrow morning? Later in the week?

Posted by: Snowy Owl at March 20, 2005 4:33 PM

No way! If this is true, then Michael you're a heartless b@stard, and I hope you pay tenfold for what you're doing, if not in this life, surely in the next.

Why are the police not there RIGHT NOW hauling his sorry butt off to jail? Anyone else breaching a court order would get that treatment, so why is this apparently evil fark allowed to stand there and watch the results of his alleged handiwork?

If this is allowed to go ahead, many people will lose their last shred of faith in this country; the constitution will will not be worth the paper it is written on imho, it'll just be the manifesto of a racist, Indian murdering Nation written by a bunch of slave owning, money grubbing revolutionary terrorists (to quote from newspeakdictionary.com).

Posted by: demonsurfer at March 20, 2005 4:33 PM

Yes, I agree with you Rev(?) David:. It is every wife beater's decision whether he wants to kill his wife or not. It is his and his alone.

Posted by: sujata at March 20, 2005 4:34 PM

Oh, no! >_< That scumbag...that is all I can say.

Posted by: Jane at March 20, 2005 4:35 PM

David, (a reverend, huh?)

You obviously know NOTHING about this case and if you did you would be on Terri's side, no if's, and's, or but's.

Shame on you for not taking the time to find out the facts, and not just the garbage that is spewed in the mainstream media.

Posted by: Sirena at March 20, 2005 4:36 PM

He has been backed by the courts. Let it go already.

Posted by: Rev David R. Grate at March 20, 2005 4:36 PM

Yes, he has been backed by Greer whose ruling caused the death of another abused woman at the hands of her husband.

Posted by: sujata at March 20, 2005 4:37 PM

I agree, sujata. Women have become too uppity lately in thinking they have a right to decide whether they want to live or die.

Posted by: Corie Schweitzer at March 20, 2005 4:37 PM

It has been upheld by the Supreme Court. Are they a bunch of corrupt judges too?

Posted by: Rev David R. Grate at March 20, 2005 4:39 PM

OvertOther,

I went to Sherrisblog, but couldn't find the comment that the infection was false/rumor. Could you be a bit more specific as to where it is on her site. I'm browsing at dial-up speed and apparently not clicking on the right links.

Thanks,
Ceci

Posted by: Ceci at March 20, 2005 4:39 PM

No David, why don't YOU let it go, and then someday if you're faced with the situation where a "supposed" loved one is trying to kill you, you'll be happy the government steps in to save your sorry self.

Posted by: Sirena at March 20, 2005 4:40 PM

oh! so you have never heard of the many men who went to the gallows after the decision being upheld by the "supreme court" and were later found innocent.

When in doubt choose life.

BTW, clarify what are you rev. of? of the temple of Michael Schiavo?

Posted by: sujata at March 20, 2005 4:41 PM

We should never forget that everything Adolf Hitler did in Germany was "legal" and everything the Hungarian freedom fighters did in Hungary was "illegal." It was "illegal" to aid and comfort a Jew in Hitler's Germany. Even so, I am sure that, had I lived in Germany at the time, I would have aided and comforted my Jewish brothers. If today I lived in a Communist country where certain principles dear to the Christian faith are suppressed, I would openly advocate disobeying that country's antireligious laws.

--Martin Luther King, Jr., "Letter from Birmingham Jail"

I wonder which side of the law the people defending Michael would be on back in WWII Germany and which side we who support Terri would be on....hmmmm.

Posted by: Corie Schweitzer at March 20, 2005 4:41 PM

ok so if the infection story and denial of visitation stories are false.. wonder what sicko started that rumor..

Rev David R. Grate, as a reverend, you of all people should know that Terri's life should NOT be at Michaels discretion, particularly under the circumstances. This is not a mercy killing, this is murder. There is a huge difference. I'm not a religious person, but even I know there is something dreadfully wrong going on here.

Posted by: demonsurfer at March 20, 2005 4:42 PM

I, and my wife, but have DNR requests.

As for my status. I am an ordained minister.

Posted by: Rev David R. Grate at March 20, 2005 4:43 PM

Sujata,

Probably the Church of the Three Death-a-teers, perhaps?

Posted by: Sirena at March 20, 2005 4:44 PM

I don't doubt that the visitation denial is fact - that's what I would do too if the world was trying to look in my window.

Posted by: Rev David R. Grate at March 20, 2005 4:45 PM

Ordained minister in the Temple d'Shiavo?

How do you know what Terri wants? Are you a mind reader too?

Posted by: sujata at March 20, 2005 4:45 PM

I am a Christian minister. I run a national Christian magazine and am the producer of the Fifth American Christian Music Awards.

However, my opinions are my own, not representitive of my church or congriation.

Posted by: Rev David R. Grate at March 20, 2005 4:46 PM

oh that makes sense sirena.

Very true Rev. I am sure no murderer would want people at the windows of his victim's place of residence.

Posted by: sujata at March 20, 2005 4:46 PM

I could care less what your title is, you simply don't have all the information on the Terri Schiavo case, Mr. Grate. (Appropriate sir name). I'm glad you both have DNR requests. But, guess what? That wouldn't cover the Schiavo case because she does not need to be resusitated. Go to your lawyer and request a living will and say that you want to be starved to death.

Don't worry, no one will intervene.

Posted by: Corie Schweitzer at March 20, 2005 4:47 PM

And it's fools like you that have to lie and make false acusations to support your warped view of reality.

Posted by: Rev David R. Grate at March 20, 2005 4:48 PM

Point out one lie. Not ten, just one.

Posted by: Corie Schweitzer at March 20, 2005 4:49 PM

I am defending Michael's right to privacy. Absolutely. He is a human being and you are all treating him like a monster.

Posted by: Rev David R. Grate at March 20, 2005 4:49 PM

My my! The rev. calls people names too!! Could we have the name of your congregation so we can get them to pray for you?

Posted by: sujata at March 20, 2005 4:49 PM

Rev,
Is adultery premitted in your church?

Posted by: sujata at March 20, 2005 4:50 PM

By the way, this is a site called "Blog FOR Terri." You obviously came here to pick a fight, to annoy people, to provoke people. How Christ-like.

Posted by: Corie Schweitzer at March 20, 2005 4:50 PM

I'm talking about pointing accusations at me for defending another man. I don't know all the facts of the case (other than the biased crap we see on tv) but I do know that a husband (who has not been found unfit) should be allowed to make decisions for his family.

Posted by: Rev David R. Grate at March 20, 2005 4:51 PM

Ceci:

The second post there (by Sarah D, who is talking with Sherri on the scene via phone) talks about the infection rumor.

Posted by: OvertOther at March 20, 2005 4:52 PM

rev, are you saying an adulterous husband is considered "fit" to make decisions for families in your congregation?

Posted by: sujata at March 20, 2005 4:52 PM

Hey Reverand, do you have any children? Pity help you if you ever find yourself in the same situation, where the spouse of your injured but responsive child decides that your child must die, and you are powerless to do anything about it, even though you -know- your child is a responsive and aware individual. Is life not sacred in your church? Best you go talk to God relaize He is the only one that can pass judgement on a person's life, not you, and certainly not Michael Schiavo.

Posted by: demonsurfer at March 20, 2005 4:53 PM

Thanks OvertOther. I'll check it out.

Posted by: Ceci at March 20, 2005 4:53 PM

I didn't come to pick a fight - I was hoping that some people here might be able to help shed some light on why people have to create unconstitutional laws.

If I had ever met Terri, I would probably be fighting to keep her alive under any circumstances.

It is my distance that allows me to stay neutral.

Posted by: Rev David R. Grate at March 20, 2005 4:53 PM

That's not Florida law! ONLY the patient himself/herself through EXPLICIT instructions is allowed to refuse food and water. No spouse can merely say "well, so and so would have wanted it." That's not the law. It has to be either spelled out in a living will or an unimpeachable oral statement of wishes made to many unimpeachable sources. That's the LAW.

Posted by: Corie Schweitzer at March 20, 2005 4:54 PM

Then why has the Supreme Court said otherwise?

Posted by: Rev David R. Grate at March 20, 2005 4:55 PM

Because the justice system in this country makes mistakes. Didn't you know that?

Posted by: demonsurfer at March 20, 2005 4:56 PM

Everyone does. But the fact remains that people are using the law to fight their case until the law disagrees with them.

Posted by: Rev David R. Grate at March 20, 2005 4:57 PM

David,

I implore you to go seek the information that is on Michael before you blindly stand beside him.

I am going to repeat what i typed on another posting:

Terri is FAR from a cause. I know for myself, I am not affiliated with any religous group or organization and yet as a CONCERNED CITIZEN I support Terri's right to life. If anyone truly cares about what's happening, they would do their research and find out the truth about this case. And if they did, they'd realize that Terri has been denied the rehabilitation that her husband promised to give her before he received all that money from the malpractice suit (which I believe to be fraudulant in nature anyway). And if you did your research you'd also see that she was an abused wife, and you'd also see that she is not in a vegetative state. More doctors than not are saying she is definitely not in a PVS. This is not a matter of right-to-die, since "her wishes" weren't even DREAMED UP by Michael Schiavo until AFTER he received the money, and when he took on Felos as his attorney (the lovely Dr. Kevorkian of Lawyers).

If people actually took time to familiarize themselves with the facts, instead of easily being naive and saying "let her go", they could easily see this is a case of a man who has been utterly and obscenely neglectful of his wife, even to go as far as become "engaged" for the past 10 years and father 2 children out of wedlock, while still legally married to Terri. And people could see that this is simply a man who has never cared for Terri, who decided to euthanize her cats instead of giving them to her parents to take care of, who denies Terri dental exams, denies anti-biotics when she has infections, denies her the right to cards and flowers, and sunshine, anything that could stimulate her. And he wants to inherit the rest of the money in Terri's rehabilitative account upon her death. He's no better than Scott Peterson, except he's trying to kill Terri under the guise that it's a mercy-killing. GIVE ME A BREAK.

Read the facts, David. Look at the affidavits on Terrisfight.org, check out the documents. If you truly do and look into your heart of hearts, you will see that it's Terri who needs protecting and NOT Michael.

Would you liked to be dehydrated for 8 to 3 weeks before you die? And don't believe for a minute that it's painless. It's far from it.

Oh, and one more thing... what I've learned from growing up in a relgious household, just because you call yourself a Christian and you work in the ministry doesn't make you one.

Posted by: Sirena at March 20, 2005 4:58 PM

It's Judge Greer who's breaking the law, but let's suppose for the sake of argument that he wasn't breaking the law: that the law in Florida did, in fact, allow spouses to "guess" the wishes of their wives/husbands on life/death matter. In your view then, civil laws always trump moral laws. The law in Germany bringing about the execution of millions of Jews was more just than standing up against those laws. That's an odd position for a Rev. I guess I'll just choose to follow Rev. King's words instead.

Posted by: Corie Schweitzer at March 20, 2005 4:58 PM

I'm more concerned about life than law here Rev, and so should you.

Posted by: demonsurfer at March 20, 2005 5:00 PM

From David's lovely comments, I have strong suspicions he's just a troll trying to stir things up.

Posted by: Sirena at March 20, 2005 5:01 PM

And I do pray for her. This is something that I wrote on a Christian forum where a lot of people are agreeing that Mrs. Schiavo is being tourtured.

People. Pray for Terri Schiavo. Pray that she does receive a miracle. I watched her on tv last night and I wouldn't want to live that way. My wife wouldn't want to live that way. Her fate would be my decision.

People. Pray for Mr. Schiavo. Pray that he changes his mind and that HE makes the decision to give her back her tube (even if it is against her wishes). Pray that he will be able to live with himself when this event is finally over.

People. Pray for Terri's parents and siblings and friends. Pray that they can remove the hate they feel for Terri's husband. Pray that they can remember the good times and not the bad.

People. Pray for our Congress. Pray that they don't make a mockery of our liberty by making illegal and unconstitutional laws that will only draw out this tragedy further.

Finally! People. Pray for all of the families that aren't in front of the camera, but suffering from similar situations. There are thousands of families in similar situations - we just don't hear about them.

Posted by: Rev David R. Grate at March 20, 2005 5:03 PM

Hello Reverend,

I don't think there are any villans (it wasn't you that mentioned villans) on either side of this equation. The data are just ambiguous and not complete in the view of quite a few people. These same people very likely believe that just because the legal process has been followed to the letter doesn't mean that the conclusion was correct.

I'm not one to give a hoot about process and procedure. If I believe someone has been trampled and their voice not heard, I'll keep screaming their message myself. Too often I've witnessed people's voice get squelched because their message is troubling, too much effort, contrary to popular belief, requires legal or corporate policy chages or is labeled dumb or delusional. That may not be the case here, but there's concern that the Schindler's voice hasn't not been adequately heard by unbiased legal parties who are willing to "start over" and not continue to refer to past judgements.

If the case really was botched, they could have started over, gotten the fMRI and PET, and finished the thing faster than the circular legal wrangling of past judgments that's been going on for 10 years or so.

If you're distance makes you capable of "neutrality", then so be it. Some people just can't distance themselves as you can. Maybe they're wrong, maybe they're right. Unless we investigate their claims, we'll never know.

Posted by: Ceci at March 20, 2005 5:04 PM

I am sure "David" is a troll. Best to ignore him.

Posted by: Susan Nunes at March 20, 2005 5:07 PM

Actually, David, if you're truly a Christian, then it's up to God when you die, not you or your wife.

As for others who do not share the same faith, a DNR should be in order, but I know that if it were me, I would want to be given a chance to live if I were disabled and I wouldn't be disobedient to God by starving a loved one to death.

But that's just me.

Posted by: Sirena at March 20, 2005 5:07 PM

Posted by: Rev David R. Grate at March 20, 2005 5:07 PM

What's a troll?

Posted by: Rev David R. Grate at March 20, 2005 5:08 PM

Why did the Supreme Court favor slavery? Why did some judges help mobsters get away with tax evasion and murder? Just because judges ruled in favor of Michael Schiavo does not make their decisions as sacred. Some judges are activist judges who have their own agendas, some are motivated through their political friends.

Michael is not making decisions because he is Terri's husband. Get that out of your heads. He is doing so because he is her court appointed guardian, a responsibility he has neglected.

He also is the same "man" who won a malpractice suit in which the money was suppose to go toward Terri's medical care. This was when Michael took the stand and claimed he was working to be a nurse so he could care for his wife for the rest of their lives. He wins money, then claimed later on that she wanted to die based on hearsay which is against Florida law. The money has gone to his lawyers who were hired to argue for her forced death. One lawyer has been paid about $400,000! It is a corrupted judicial system that needs serious reform which has allowed this grave injustice to occur.

It would have been nice to see ALL of the evidence be fought out in court with an impartial judge and in front of a jury instead of the way it has played out.

Posted by: Mike Egan at March 20, 2005 5:08 PM

Someone who lurks around message boards who is just trying to cause problems and get people all upset for all the wrong reasons.

Posted by: Sirena at March 20, 2005 5:09 PM

I'm in California, and I'm not in Florida and yet still I care about someone who is having her God given rights taken away from her.

As for you, David, I don't feel sorry for you at all. The world is a horrible place, but if we don't like it, we must get involved and do something to change it.

Posted by: Sirena at March 20, 2005 5:11 PM

No, I'm not a troll then. I was directed to this blog and commented as I truely feel. My credentials are obtainable through my name (link) and I am not trying to cause trouble. I am making a statement based on my PERSONAL feelings.

Posted by: Rev David R. Grate at March 20, 2005 5:11 PM

Mike,

Well said.

Posted by: Sirena at March 20, 2005 5:12 PM

I didn't ask anyone to feel sorry for me. If I want that, I'll go ask for it. I was stating why I need to stay neutral in situations like this.

Posted by: Rev David R. Grate at March 20, 2005 5:13 PM

Rev. Grate says, "But the fact remains that people are using the law to fight their case until the law disagrees with them."

If only that were true. The sad facts expose a frightening disregard for the law.

Mr. Schiavo, a registered nurse, was hired by the sheriff, Mr. Rice, just days prior to leaving office. Why is this significant?
Mr. Rice also worked with the mother of Michael Schiavo's fiancee. Mr. Rice is also a long time friend of the judge, Mr. Greer.

Going one step further, Mr. Rice has refused to investigate several reports of abuse against Terri by Michael, including two incidents that involved 'insulin' at the nursing home she was treated at. Terri was never diabetic, but had altered levels after Michaels private visits on both occassions.

Michael supposedly also had an affair with a member of the nursing home staff. It was during this period that the insuliin events took place. It is suspected that Terri's medical records were altered by this individual as well.

Posted by: anonymous at March 20, 2005 5:14 PM

I'm sure God will appreciate your apathy.

Posted by: demonsurfer at March 20, 2005 5:14 PM

That's what I love about rumors.

Posted by: Rev David R. Grate at March 20, 2005 5:15 PM

David wrote: "I have to distance myself to stay neutral or I would die from the pain that I see every day. This is a horrible situation and I wish it was one that I'd never heard of."

I agree, but to say you would die from the pain you see every day... please. We all see horrible pain everyday, but we have to stay strong and not turn our eyes away because it's too painful to deal with. We have to look pain in the eye and see what we can do to change it.

Posted by: Sirena at March 20, 2005 5:16 PM

No sir, not rumors. Here are the legal papers documenting the events (pdf format):

Posted by: anonymous at March 20, 2005 5:20 PM

No jar jar -

not fake - but if you'd rather another link - try this one. It lists each and every document separately in the left hand column.

I encourage you to explore the legal documentation. It's all in the open for you and anyone else to examine honestly.

No one is interested in playing games here.

Go to this link:

Posted by: anonymous at March 20, 2005 5:34 PM

I found the court papers very inlightening.

Posted by: Rev David R. Grate at March 20, 2005 5:40 PM

However, I find that the Senate just passed a bill about this situation to be completely unacceptable.

Posted by: Rev David R. Grate at March 20, 2005 5:41 PM

Go to Webopedia.com and seach for "troll", you'll find a photograph of the good Reverend Grate there. Please stop feeding him, his congregation over at DU or Kos wants him back. .

Posted by: Old Coot at March 20, 2005 5:44 PM

So, I troll either comments or doesn't comment. That's a great definition

Posted by: Rev David R. Grate at March 20, 2005 5:47 PM

There's a typo in there somewhere.

Posted by: Rev David R. Grate at March 20, 2005 5:50 PM

Michael Admits He Didn't Know What Terri Wanted:

Posted by: Maria N. at March 20, 2005 5:52 PM

Let's not forget...Terri is not just being denied food & water. According to the Woodside "Exit Protocol" document which was approved by Judge Greer, Terri is being "actively" dehydrated & starved. That means that she is being given meds which will cause her to eliminate her body fluids more quickly. The "Exit" document also indicates that the temperature will be turned up in Florida's already 81 degree weather. Not only that...Terri will be covered & clothed with heavy garments to cause her to sweat out fluids. And now...we are to understand that Terri's feeding tube entry wound was not properly sutured shut? No wonder Terri has a fever. I cannot help but wonder at what is going on now, behind closed doors...now that Michael Schiavo has BLOCKED Terri's family & friends from her room. President Bush & Governor Bush...DON'T YOU THINK IT IS TIME TO TAKE TERRI SCHINDLER-SCHIAVO INTO PROTECTIVE CUSTODY??? Will you wait until she is dead before you take the legal action that you are authorized to take as President/Governor to protect this disabled & innocent American from harm???

Talk is cheap...now is the time for ACTION!!!

I have five sons. I can surely relate to parents who gave their child/children life, & who love their child/children unconditionally...without expectations.

My heart breaks at their anguish.

Posted by: Pat Hogge at March 20, 2005 6:00 PM

“Reverend”:

You talk about all of the rumors, and I agree. The level of urban legend is out of control, but there are also facts. The facts are that Terri has been denied the appropriate diagnostic and rehabilitative treatments that she legally has been entitled to by her “husband”, a man with inordinate conflict of interest. She has also been denied every due process by Judge Greer to an extent that is extensive, horrifying, and grave. This is why it is licit for the federal government to step into this case…to prevent one injustice, and to prevent setting precedent for the judicial execution of a disabled woman by cruel and unusual means.

What was it again that Jesus said about being thirsty and given drink and being hungry and given food. Reverend, what YOU do to the least of these you do to HIM, and I say you specifically, because either we’re all on the side of justice or in collusion with the Culture of Death…as were many a “reverend” in the Nazi regime where every nightmare was legal under positive law, but not under divine law.

Posted by: mcmlxix at March 20, 2005 6:00 PM

Rev. Grate,

You mentioned your credentials are listed on your link. But that's for the "American Christian Music Exchange." What gives?

Posted by: RobertBaker at March 20, 2005 6:06 PM

As an Australian I am a distant observer in this case. I am feeling very cranky that a man who claims to be an ordained minister of religion could turn around and support the murderous scumbag Michael Schiavo.

There is a lot more to this case than meets the eye. Every citizen in the USA should be up in arms that a Florida court judge has made a ruling that goes against the life of a woman who is not dying under normal circumstances.

The fact that Michael Schiavo lives with another woman that he calls his fiance is proof enough that he does not love his wife and that he has malicious intent for her person. He behaves like a man who has something to hide.

Yes, it is necessary for the Federal Government of the USA to intervene to allow this woman and her parents some form of redress over the injustice that is being perpetrated in the name of justice. As I have already said there is more going on here than meets the eye.

This is also about the right of a guardian, especially one appointed by the court over the wishes of a family, to do away with his ward by simply making a request to the probate court to intervene in any medical treatment that is necessary. Court appointed guardians have extraordinary powers that enable them to do harm to their wards with the blessing of the probate court.

There is evidence that in Pinellas Park county there is a scam going on where the elderly, the disabled and others are becoming more vulnerable by the day. George Greer has not been doing the right thing where wards of the court are concerned. It has already been mentioned that Michael Schiavo, in contravention of the appropriate legislation pertaining to guardianship has failed to file his annual returns. He has not been chastised by George Greer over this failure. In fact George Greer has ruled against the Schindlers concerning the competency of Schiavo to continue as guardian.

He does not have her best interests at heart. Greer accepted hearsay evidence. I have seen the alleged evidence several times and on at least three separate occasions the timing and circumstances of the alleged conversation has changed. He testified that she made the comment when her grandmother was dying. Yet in the latest interview he stated it was during a TV program and had something to do with a dying uncle.

There is no living will and this man is living with another woman. On top of that a former girlfriend has stated that when she broke up with Schiavo that he stalked her and tried to run her off the road. This same woman also stated that Michael denied that Terri had made the remark at all, so again we have a further inconsistency.

When it comes to the threat of violence another woman has come forward who was present when two nurse witnesses signed affadavits about how Michael behaved towards Terri in the hospital. She stated that when each of the women arrived in the solicitor's office they had looked around in a way that indicated that they were afraid of being followed.

I believe what the nursing staff have to say about Terri's condition before Michael prevented her from having any rehabilitation and therapy. He must be very afraid that if she lives and is able to talk again that she will be able to testify as to what really happened that night. He could end up being convicted of perjury for lying about her circumstances, as well as other felonies that are associated with this case.

The time has come that USA citizens must act to reclaim the justice system from those who have hijacked justice for their own purposes. People's rights, especially the right to life must be protected.

Lock up Michael Schiavo now.

Posted by: Maggie at March 20, 2005 6:49 PM

Well said, Maggie. Well said.

Reverend,

Are you a Christian Scientist by chance?

Do you believe that the commandment "Thou Shall not commit adultery" should be followed? Michael violated that (and Florida state law with his open adulterous relationship - that's a misdemeanor - which is grounds for divorce)

It was silence that Crucified Jesus.

Posted by: ElizabethV at March 20, 2005 7:38 PM

Michael Schiavo once again shows what he is all about. He is cruel, controlling
and has totally abused this woman who can not stand up and speak for herself!!! THIS IS A VIOLATION OF TERRI'S HUMAN RIGHTS!!
BESIDES THIS IS SOOOOOO ILLEGAL. TERRI DID NOT HAVE A LIVING WILL....
IT HAS PASSED THE SENATE, NOW THE CONGRESS IS GOING TO HAVE TO MOVE.

Posted by: Linda at March 20, 2005 7:55 PM

Corie,

A husband should not be allowed to make decisions for an incapacitated (but NOT PVS)wife when he is commiting ADULTURY against her OPENLY with ANOTHER WOMAN and have fathered TWO CHILDREN with another woman!

Don't you think if Terri could have been able too she would have already divorced him! Or do you think all this time (if she had been healthy) she would have stayed with him? Perhaps you think he would have lived with both of them at the same time in a horrible house of sin! Well, Michael is such a monster he would probably do that, but Terri should would not have done it!

Terri would NOT have stayed with him, and Michael therefore should NOT have ANY decision making authority over her!

Posted by: Georgiaguy at March 20, 2005 8:54 PM

If Jeb Bush, George Bush, or *any* of the senators or congressman had any courage whatsoever they would have sent in federal marshals, taken Terri from the hospice, taken her to a medical facility, and she would already be on the way to both rehydration and rehabilitation!

But our President, Flordia's governor, and both many Republican and Democrat office holders are too chicken to do anything other than TALK! They need to take ACTION NOW and not wait until a bill has passed!

For goodness sakes, they have sent a supeana to have her appear before the senate and Greer, Michael, and Felos are murdering her! For goodness sakes, they are murdering someone that has been called to appear before the senate!

Do you realize that!

SOMEONE THAT HAS BEEN CALLED TO TESTIFY BEFORE THE SENATE IS BEING SLOWLY MURDERED AND TORTURED TO DEATH AND THE GOVERNMENT WILL TAKE NO DIRECT ACTION TO PROTECT HER LIFE!

The Reps and Dems (Bush, Jeb, and others) are a bunch of cowards! She is dying RIGHT NOW, has an infection, and is probably in horrible pain burning up with fever!

MY GOD, WHY WON'T THEY SEND IN THE FEDERAL MARSHALS? THEY HAVE THE AUTHORITY, BUT WILL NOT USE IT!

What has our nation came to? What kind of people have we elected into office?

WHAT KIND OF FUTURE IS LEFT FOR OUR CHILDREN WHEN OUR ENTIRE GOVERNMENT CAN LET A WOMAN WHO HAS BEEN CALLED TO APPEAR BEFORE THE UNITED STATES SENATE BE SLOWLY MURDERED BY STARVATION????!!!!

They need to do something NOW! Not in the morning!

RIGHT DAMN NOW!

BUSH, JEB, SENATORS, CONGRESSMAN...

Now is the time for ACTION, and NOT POLITICS!

SEND IN THE MARSHALS AND SAVE TERRI NOW!

Posted by: FEDUPNOW at March 20, 2005 9:01 PM

FEDUPNOW... agreed, http://terrideservesjustice.blogspot.com/

Posted by: Teri J at March 20, 2005 10:58 PM

While Governor of Texas, the Great Presidential Hypocrite signed a bill allowing the deaths Of vegetative patients.

Posted by: vox populi at March 20, 2005 10:59 PM

Iran is a nation ruled by judges - judges who sometimes make up the "law" as they go.

I am very afraid that the United States is rapidly heading in this direction. Michael's claim that Terri said she wanted to die is heresay evidence. The heresay evidence of one "person" would never be allowed in a normal court. WITHOUT ANY DOUBT, heresay evidence would never be allowed to determine if a woman is put to death or not.

Except in Iran. At least up until now.

Posted by: Stan Kirk at March 21, 2005 12:00 AM

TO "vox populi" you silly idiot, did you not read your own link?

Under the new Texas law, signed by the then Gov. Bush, Michael Schiavo could face CRIMINAL PROSECUTION for what he has done (and failed to do). But this current case is Florida, not Texas.

IN ADDITION, THE TEXAS LAW STATES:
"166.099. MERCY KILLING NOT CONDONED. This subchapter does not condone, authorize, or approve mercy killing or permit an affirmative or deliberate act or omission to end life except to permit the natural process of dying as provided by this subchapter."

To those Angels fighting for Terri, don't believe everything you read.

We do need a new law... something beyond what Congress is doing now... to protect our life & liberty from potential monsters. The monsters are among us, we've seen one in Kansas who even pretended to be a "family man" and a "church man." We saw another monster in Florida who was given DOZENS of SECOND CHANCES and killed again.

We should all remember that they could also be disguized as "gaurdians," government officials, even judges.

Posted by: Ann Brown at March 21, 2005 12:13 AM

I think its totally unbelievable what there letting terries estranged husband do to her this is not a feeling caring person.People go to prison for murder .and torture this thing they call a person is being helped to torture and kill.this is totally inhumane. this man needs to be stopped not helped. let terry live and be loved and cared for by her parents brother and sister.Terry is very much alive she breathes on her own . no machine keeps herb alive. just a feeding tube . let terry live. stop michael shiavo.she has a family that loves and wants to care for her. Dont take that from her.If god meant for terry to die she would have gone in 1990 when her heart stopped. WHY IS MICHAEL SHIAVO BEING ALLOWED TO DO THIS HE HAS TO BE STOPPED>

Posted by: helen at March 22, 2005 8:36 PM

To the "reverend" here...

I am married to a Christian pastor, and let me tell you, your views don't match up with Christian ideology. First of all, we believe that all life is precious. Yes, we have living wills made up, but they are made up to go along with biblical principals. If you truly were a Christian minister, you would be crying foul just as loudly as we are.

Tsk tsk. No wonder people are straying from the faith - the pastors can't even live by it.

I just hope all the rhetoric ends and that Terri is given another chance. She deserves that much.

Posted by: Rebecca at March 22, 2005 8:50 PM