« Medical Facts About Terri Schiavo | Main | What's REALLY Driving the Death Train for Terri! EXPLOSIVE Revelations About Judge Greer and Pinellas County "Guardians!" »

March 18, 2005

Michael Schiavo and his attorney on offensive

Topics: Action Items

Michael Schiavo and his attorney, George Felos will be on Larry King Live tonight. They will be followed by Suzanne Vitadamo and attorney David Gibbs.p

Felos held a press conference this afternoon and urged people to call congress to tell them to not pass any measure that would protect Terri Schiavo's life.

This evening, Schiavo and Felos were on an ABC radio special doing the same thing. You can best believe they will be urging people tonight to call the congress again to tell them not to intervene on Terri's behalf.

We believe that they are very afraid of what will happen if congress does get involved any further.

For that reason alone:

It is not time to let up any heat on your representatives.

Stay on the phones and on the emails to Senators and Congressmen. Ask that your friends do the  same.

This is not the time to let up. Please keep fighting, but fight harder.

Posted by richard at March 18, 2005 11:54 PM

Articles Related to Action Items:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Michael Schiavo and his attorney on offensive:

» Felos, Schiavo on the Offensive from ProLifeBlogs
Michael Schiavo and his attorney, George Felos will be on Larry King Live tonight. They will be followed by Suzanne Vitadamo and attorney David Gibbs. [Anyone who would like to write a summary of the interview please contact me] Felos... [Read More]

Tracked on March 19, 2005 12:26 AM

Comments

Website www.helpterri.com has a comprehensive list of phone numbers and preformed editable email letters to send to the Congress and Senate, Governor Bush, etc. Very thorough.

Posted by: I hope. at March 19, 2005 12:05 AM

Let Terri die.

This whole thing started because after Terri's brain melted into a liquid goo, resulting in her having nothing left but her upper spinal cord which allows her to breath and move around randomly with some grunting, Michael Schiavo refused to give money from her estate to her father.

That is the real crux of the whole case. Terri died a long time ago. she suffers today because the pro-life movement is siding with a man who only prolongs her life to spite a son-in-law he never cared for who denied him his money.

Posted by: Time to Stop It at March 19, 2005 12:34 AM

I am worried that more than just removing feeding is going on. I fear that Terri will be dead within hours.

Then, the murder which began 15 years ago will be complete.

What will follow? A quick cremation to destroy the evidence.

I doubt that Michael Schiavo or George Greer are going to death row for this. You can't have a trial without evidence.

Posted by: G M McLaughlin at March 19, 2005 12:35 AM

Dear Time to Stop It,

How dare you. You've never seen Terri. If you saw her, you couldn't possibly write what you did.

Terri is not only alive, but is NOT bedridden.

It seems many people are afraid of the truth.

Since 1975, Clearwater has been becomming a City of Lies, and it's spreading like cancer. This is just more of the same.

Posted by: G M McLaughlin at March 19, 2005 12:39 AM

I wish you all would help me get my health insurance back so that I could continue with my cancer treatments. My former employer, the Clearwater Center (a medicare/medicaid funded nursing facility) illegally fired me while I was on a Family Medical Leave then they refused to send COBRA forms for over 6 months, making it impossible for me to continue with my treatments, yet all the government agencies say my only right is to sue. I HAVE NO MONEY AFTER A YEAR OF HEAVY MEDICAL EXPENSES!!! Why not help prevent another young person from ending-up like Terri by calling 443-7639 or email dwozniak@seniorhm.com and demand they live-up to their agreements and return my health insurance so I can finish my cancer treatments. Then call or email Representative C. W. Young and Senator Bill Nelson 407-872-7161 and demand healthcare reform to prevent this from happening to anyone else!!!

Posted by: Kurt Polakoff at March 19, 2005 12:58 AM

I am praying for Terri and her family. I have made all the phone call to Washington and Florida and know this is one we need our Heavenly Father hand to move on as mere men from Wahington to Florida can not get it right even when there is a human life involved. And I made a phone call to the Florida Chamber of Commerce to let them know I would never come back to Florida for a vacation. How could I trust a state in which you could have and accident and be treated as they have treated Terri. I think every Christian should think about avoiding Florida for a vacation spot and call the Chamber of Commerce. They do have pressure to bear at the loss of business. And I have been to Florida and it is a beautiful state but I nor my family will go back.

Posted by: Gail at March 19, 2005 1:11 AM

I agree with Gail. No Florida vacations and I am giving up orange juice. Maybe Florida will pay attention when the money stops rolling in.

Felos said tonight on TV that Terri's cerebral cortex is nonexistent. Are we to assume that he can prove this? Are we to assume this means she is a nonperson? Interestingly, in the 22.The New England Journal of Medicine. Volume 330:1469-1475; May 26, 1994; Number 21, Karen Ann Quinlan's postmortem indicated a cerebral cortex in surprisingly good condition. Read the article. So, perhaps personhood does not reside solely in the cerebral cortex.
How much of Terri's current condition has been CAUSED by Michael's nontreatment of her? Sensory deprivation/impoverished environment studies have been done that might support the notion that he has not only failed to help her, but has actually made her worse.
It is a sickening situation. The bottom line is that her "condition" is irrelevant. Her family loves her and desires to care for her. Her husband doesn't. So regardless of her condition, her family should be able to see to her needs and care for her. It hurts no one and spares her family the heartache that Terri would surely not wish on them, could she voice her feelings.
It is very telling that recent pictures or videos of her are not permitted by Michael Schiavo. It is not because of any protectiveness he feels for her dignity. He has walked all over that by letting his lover come around and by talking so crudely about her on national TV. It's obvious he does not want the world to see the level of her awareness. And it certainly appears he is afraid of what she might be able to tell about him should she recover the ability to speak.
If she says "water!", will they have to give her a drink? Does anyone know?

Posted by: Karen at March 19, 2005 1:38 AM

Terri is not to be fed anything by mouth.
Judge Greer quote .." ,,,and I don not want anyone to feed this girl !" The parents presented a motion to Judge Greer's to allow oral feeding of Terri (thickened liquids she has been known to tolerate in the past)after the yube was removed ...he ruled absolutely not. She is to have nothing by mouth.
My question ? ....even if she begs for it ?

Posted by: JoMarley at March 19, 2005 1:53 AM

move to FLORIDA crime rate HIGH, you will get a fourth grade education my the time you are twenty AND THE JUDGE HELPS YOU MURDER YOUR WIFE WHEN YOU WANT TO GET RID OF HER

Posted by: cyndi at March 19, 2005 2:07 AM

Karen
Terri never had the neurological tests required as standard care. AN EEG was conducted over 12 years ago that was performed under less than acceptable conditions..it negated much of the results because of condition distrators. Requests to retest her under more acceptable conditions were rejected.
A Brain scan did indicate that Terri's brain does have a build up of spinal fluid which is compressing her brain)cortex). It looks like a hole on the brain scan.The compression of the brain does result in decreased functioning. The fluid should be drained via a shunt and the brain then could decompress ;resulting in fill the area where the fluid had been and improving Terri's level of functioning. Michael has refused all medical treatment so the shunt has never been inserted. And as a matter of record, the fluid accumalation was an expected side effect of the implantation of an electrode into Terri's brain in 1991 as part of an experimental program. It was explained to Michael then thatTerri would be at an increased risk for infection and fluid build up.He was told that the electrode needed to be monitored medically . After 3 or so months, Micahel removed Terri from the program and the electrode has NEVER been monitored. That is the story of the fluid in Terri's brain. The Who, the What and the Why. Terri's brain scan with the big hole...is a direct result of Michael's neglect. And he and Felos have used this brainscan to tell the world that Terri's brain has turned to liquid. Wow doesn't that make her sound incapacitated ?!
I was made aware of this information in a radio interview with Dr Hammesfahr on 1/07/04 on www.Highway2Health.com. Dr H , a world reknown Neurologist and Nobel Prize Nominee, explains all the details. He also says that her injuries (anoxia, neck injury and spinal cord injury) are consistent with asphyxiation due to strangulation.

Dr H is a medical expert successful in bring brain injured people to recovery

Mr Felos is a lawyer with vested interests in Terris death and in her appearing irreverably incapacitated

I accept Dr H's report and diagnosis. Judge Greer did not.

Posted by: JoMarley at March 19, 2005 3:22 AM

JoMarley, that URL leads to a travel insurance site.

Posted by: HouseFlair at March 19, 2005 5:02 AM

I am Pro-Life for the Most part. But this is rediculus. Let the Poor woman die.
How would you like to be in her place, for 17 years.
Not ME.

Posted by: M Stevenson at March 19, 2005 7:28 AM

Well, M Stevens, good for you for not wanting to be in that position. Tell me, how does that give you the right to say "Let her die"? Have you read any of the accounts of how she reacts to people? Have you witnessed it?

Who are we to play God and determine what actually is a quality life?

Posted by: Rebecca at March 19, 2005 8:51 AM

Kurt:

I am sorry for your situation. But, unfortunately for you, you're in a "scientology" state where only the fit survive (Darwinism for Humanity). I'd stay away from judge greer and his cronies, or they will starve you to death.

If I had the means, I'd send you the money for medical insurance. Have you tried the American Center for Law and Justice? They might be able to help you recover your RIGHTS...but in Florida that's going to be really difficult.

Posted by: Tress at March 19, 2005 9:26 AM

M Stevenson,

Its been 15 years not 17. And she doesn't want to die. How would you like it if someone suddenly decided that you were "brain dead" and they removed all food and water resources from your grasp?

Starvation and Dehydration is a very painful death. And the attorney is going to profit from her death. (George Felos loves EUTHANASIA) A loving husband would have granted the divorce to Terri right after he first committed adultery.

Posted by: ElizabethV at March 19, 2005 9:50 AM

It is very interesting how this man keeps talking about how he should be with his wife!! Which wife is he talking about?? His common law wife or Terri?

He is so phony! You know, You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time...

Michael !! RELINQUISH YOUR GUARDIANSHIP AND TEND TO YOUR NEW FAMILY!!!

Posted by: Linda at March 19, 2005 1:00 PM

TO all you folks who think Terri should simply be allowed to die, simply note that:

1. there is a deposition from Michael Schiavo's ex-girlfriend, Cindy Shook (the one he stalked so that she had to be served a subpoena), where he told her that HE AND TERRI NEVER TALKED ABOUT WHAT TO DO WHEN ONE IS ON LIFE SUPPORT

2. Terri did not get an MRI or PET scan, which neurologists say are REQUISITE in a life/death situation to determine vegetative state. CT scan gives only 10% of the information they need to form a diagnosis. Now why has her husband consistently denied her an MRI or PET scan?

Posted by: Jeff Tan at March 19, 2005 5:27 PM