« FREE BARRABAS: Texas high court blocks scheduled Wednesday execution | Main | SCHIAVO ACTION ALERT!!! »

March 24, 2005

Greer denies DCF petition

I just learned from listening to Rush Limbaugh that Greer has denied the DCF petition. That's a stunner!

Come on, Governor Bush. It's up to you!

Posted by powersthatblog at March 24, 2005 2:10 PM

Comments

I heard it too. Is that it? Are we in eulogy mode now or are we still to pray for Jeb's intervention? My God, I feel sick!

Posted by: MoFiZiX Gr4FiX at March 24, 2005 2:14 PM

I cannot believe all of the emotion and care and hard work to get the information out! Everyone here is just remarkable and I thank all of you for providing me all the information and not just bits and pieces. It is obvious to me and a lot of other people that I know that judge greer(it is difficult to call him a judge) shoud be disqualified from making any more decisions. Jeb will have to and should go in there and take her, and give Michael a good pop to the nose!

Posted by: delphinius at March 24, 2005 2:21 PM

Mo, keep praying, keep faxing, keep e-mailing. We must not let up now! Our lawmakers need to know that we expect them to do their jobs.

The Florida Senate has gone home on recess. That just leaves the DCF and the Governor's office.

Keep it polite, but don't let up the pressure!

Posted by: Mary in LA at March 24, 2005 2:34 PM

We are becoming the government of the people, by the people and against the people.

God Help us.

Posted by: George at March 24, 2005 2:38 PM

From forth the kennel of thy womb hath crept
A hell-hound that doth hunt us all to death:
That dog, that had his teeth before his eyes,
To worry lambs, and lap their gentle blood...

Posted by: Baillie at March 24, 2005 2:44 PM

By now it should be obvious to anyone that Greer is not acting as a judge, but essentially as a collaborator with Schiavo and Felos. Still, he is right that the courts and the executive are equal powers. So what should Bush do? At very least, this: Greer has clearly overstepped his bounds in issuing executive orders to law enforcement in Florida to stop Bush's efforts. That's an executive order, not a court decision. If Bush wants to respect the role of the courts as far as possible for the sake of avoiding total chaos, then he should order all law enforcement to desist from doing anything to stop private citizens from helping Terri. If the courts can declare laws "unconstitutional," then the chief executive can and should, by the same token, treat the decisions of the court as unenforceable. There are plenty of individuals who will take care of Terri if given the chance. Give them the chance!

Posted by: OjaiDoc at March 24, 2005 2:50 PM