« Bush Faces Showdown at Pinellas Park | Main | Runaway Judiciary »

March 24, 2005

Gov. Jeb Bush - Take Action Now (please)

Topics: Action Items

Governor Bush's email: jeb.bush@myflorida.com
Phone: 850-488-4441
Fax: 850-487-0801

As commenter Sirena said, Be polite, don't cuss or swear, and plead for him to get her...

Beth writes, Appeal to Governor Bush with gratitude for his respect for life and his previous attempts to save her (Terri's Law). Respectful manners make all the difference!

LErin comments (11:40 am), I just got through to Jebs office but it took a lot of redials. I can tell the staff is overwhelmed. I did get through and pleaded for him to take her into custody.

Posted by tim at March 24, 2005 11:27 AM

Articles Related to Action Items:

Comments

Just saw on CNN Greer denied request at noon. What can happen next!! I am sick.

Posted by: LErin at March 24, 2005 12:21 PM

Next would be removal by force.

It is an extreme longshot.

Posted by: minaflorida at March 24, 2005 12:25 PM

Next would be removal from the hsopice by force.

It is an extreme longshot.

Posted by: minaflorida at March 24, 2005 12:25 PM

If anybody hears anything please post it hear. I am just sick.

Posted by: LErin at March 24, 2005 12:29 PM

GRRR stop Judge Death aka The Executioner!

Posted by: Foug at March 24, 2005 12:32 PM

Dear Gov. Bush, Please, Sir, I beg you to intervene on behalf of Theresa Schiavo. Governor, I can't believe that it's legal to withhold food and water from a human being until dehydration, starvation and death result. That just can't be legal , can it? Please, Governor, stand strong against this horrifying attempt to legalize murder. Governor Bush, please, at least water and nourishment by mouth must be offered to the living. Thank you very much, Sir. Gratefully, Jacqueline Lee Dougherty

Posted by: Jackie at March 24, 2005 12:34 PM

Posted by: Jackie at March 24, 2005 12:34 PM

My God, food and water by mouth has got to be an inalienable right while we are yet alive.

Posted by: Jackie at March 24, 2005 12:37 PM

I got through the Governors office again, and receptionist who picks up the phone sounded to be in tears. I said impeach the judge, she says a lot of people want to. They can not comment anymore. She said they are trying everything. I guess if its not by force there is nothing more that can be done. Wanted to update everyone. I have never prayed so hard for a miracle.

Posted by: LErin at March 24, 2005 12:38 PM

I couldn't get through on the phone, so I sent a fax. All I said was "Dear Gov. Bush: Please save Terri now!" in 72-point type.

Posted by: Mary in LA at March 24, 2005 12:47 PM

Posted by: Mary in LA at March 24, 2005 12:47 PM

Oops, sorry for double post...

Posted by: Mary in LA at March 24, 2005 12:48 PM

I just don't understand how one person can just shoot down an investigation of abuse. I don't understand, it makes no sense. They're killing her, no one knows what she wanted and it's like her rights matter to no one. I am so frustrated, I want to do more than just flood Jeb Bush with calls (that and pray of course)... this is SO WRONG!!!!

Posted by: Foug at March 24, 2005 12:49 PM

Politics, Foug, politics.

Posted by: DarkOne at March 24, 2005 12:57 PM

If the supreme court is not there for our rights then who is? Michael Schiavo? I am confused as to what the supreme court defends if not us? Judge Greer should be disqualified to having anything to do with this case,PERIOD. Jeb will have to go in with force,

Posted by: delphinius at March 24, 2005 1:01 PM

I hear ya Foug! i've been calling,e-mailing,faxing but it just seem like that is enough. if i didnt live clear across the country i would be there at the hospice home! maybe at judge greer's courtroom, just to get a look at the man! i would probably be arrested for trying to take Terri food and water!

Posted by: delphinius at March 24, 2005 1:08 PM

Dear Gov. Bush,
I am writing to you to plead for you to intervene on behalf of Terri Schiavo. She is running out of time. She is fighting but I fear she will lose her fight to live, which should everyone’s right as a human being. I pray you will do everything in your power to help her and restore her feeding tube so she can get the nourishment that she needs to live. I know you have been fighting for her and care about her, but I pray you do not give up the fight. The American people are watching and waiting for your immediate action. I know you respect life, and do not want her to die in this horrible manner. Should she get any less rights than the criminals in jail receive? Doesn’t the Governor have authority to pardon a known criminal if he is sentenced to death on death row? If you can do that, can’t you stop this also? I will pray that God gives you the wisdom and the strength to fight this battle not only for Terri, but for all the handicapped people out there that are fearful of how far our country is falling to allow someone to die this horrible death. No one deserves to die this way. Thank you very much for your time.
Sincerely,