« Scarborough Country's Passionate Plea For Terri |
| CSI MEDBLOGS: FURTHER INVESTIGATION OF CT BRAINS TURNS UP NEW ASTOUNDING EVIDENCE »
March 24, 2005
Fired Nurse Claims Terri Feels Pain
Topics: Medical Issues
CNSNews.com Senior Staff Writer Jeff Johnson reports that a nurse who worked at the hospice where Terri Schiavo is dying of dehydration and starvation has revealed that Terri feels pain and the nursing staff medicates her for it. As explained by neuroligist William Cheshire, who examined Terri and her medical records, those who are in a persistent vegetative state "do not have the capacity to experience pain or suffering.... If Terri is consciously aware of pain, and therefore is capable of suffering, then her diagnossi of PVS may be tragically mistaken."
Wagner claims she was fired Monday after expressing support for keeping Terri alive. She was quoted as telling a Florida television station that Terri's feeding tube should not have been removed.
Terri's husband, Michael Schiavo, spoke with ABC News Nightline's Chris Bury on March 15 and discussed the prospect of Teri suffering from a death by dehydration and starvation.
"It is a very painless procedure. Terri can't," Schiavo said, not finishing the sentence. "She has no cortex left. She doesn't feel pain."
But Wagner described the circumstances under which Woodside Hospice personnel would give Terri pain medication.
"The only time I ever heard her make sounds is, um, if she's in pain like, if, you know, she has her monthly (menstrual period) and she's in pain," Wagner explained. "She'll moan a bit and grimace, and that's how we know, you know, to give her a Motrin."
Posted by tim at March 24, 2005 8:50 AM
Articles Related to Medical Issues
- No one won the $100,000 CT Scan PVS Challenge -
Mar 29, 2006
- Autopsy Cannot Confirm a Clinical Diagnosis -
Mar 29, 2006
- Physician Who Examined Schiavo for Over 10 Hours--Critical of Autopsy Report -
Jun 19, 2005
- Charlotte Wyatt and the debate about infant intervention -
Jun 16, 2005
- Terri Schiavo's Autopsy Report -
Jun 15, 2005
- Annihilating Terry Schiavo -
Jun 05, 2005
- More than you ever wanted to know... -
Apr 27, 2005
- "Brain Death"--The Hoax That Won't Die -
Apr 22, 2005
- Persistent vegetative state: diagnosis with an agenda -
Apr 22, 2005
- OOPS! Michael Schiavo and Attorney George Felos Caught In Lie: Autopsy Decision Not Made By Michael Schiavo, Official Says (Updated) -
Mar 30, 2005