« Subpeonas for the Congressional Hearings | Main | Felos Suggests that Michael Schiavo Wants an Autopsy »

March 28, 2005

Demand an Autopsy - Reminder

Topics: Action Items

If Terri were to pass away the only way many of the unanswered questions could be addressed is through an autopsy, a post-mortem examination. Coroners must investigate and medical examiners must decide whether a crime was committed or not.

Michael Schiavo, with court backing, has vowed to cremate Terri's body immediately following her death, thus covering up potentially vital information that could assist investigators. However, all requests for cremation must be approved by the Medical Examiner prior to the actual cremation (Medical Examiner's Office). See our earlier post, Demand an Autopsy, for more information.

Dr. Robert Smith tells us in the comments of this post there is action we can take:

We need to send emails to Governor Bush and to the Medical Examiner in Pinellas, Dr. Jon Thogmartin demanding an autopsy looking for the evidence of her original injuries so that justice can be served.

Modify this text to be specific to the addressee when you email them demanding the ultimate justice. Do not wait until Terri passes into God's hands, because the issuance of authorization for cremation will make autopsy impossible.

Email:

• Governor Bush
    mailto:jeb.bush@myflorida.com

• Coroner's Investigator
    mailto:wpellan@co.pinellas.fl.us

• Medical Examiner
    mailto:jthogmartin@co.pinellas.fl.us

Sample Letter:

Dear ____________:
When Terri Schiavo dies, the potential exists that a crime will be covered up by her planned cremation without autopsy. That potential crime is NOT the issue at the center of the present controversy, but the yet unsubstantiated allegation that an assault led to her condition in the first place.

It has been reported in the press that Michael Schiavo intends to cremate Terri Schiavo immediately upon her death.

According to the Medical Examiner's department policy posted at: http://www.co.pinellas.fl.us/forensics/policy/policystatement.htm#CA , the medical examiner must approve or deny all such requests.

The attending physician in Terri Schiavo's case has a history of 5 NPDB reported malpractice cases. There is an open quesiton of what led to her original "event".

Please disallow the cremation until the medical examiner's office can perform an appropriate investigation and/or postmortem examination to determine both the immediate cause of death AND the proximate cause of death, including the search for any injuries from the past consistent with a potential crime.

Despite the currently accepted rationale for her initial "event", evidence on postmortem examination may reveal that Terri Schiavo was the victim of a crime many years ago.

Judge Greer has not allowed an MRI or PET Scan. PET scans are of no value post mortem, but MRI may have some limited benefit, in addition to the physical autopsy, particularly for small, old injuries to ligaments and muscles that would be consistent with a trauma that occurred due to a crime (e.g. strangulation or abuse) if one had occurred.

If there are perpetrators of a crime covering something up, they will not want such an examination done. They will be afraid of justice.

Please act now to assure no authorization is given for cremation without a proper investigation and autopsy to address these issues.

Sincerely,

___________________________

Posted by tim at March 28, 2005 4:15 PM

Articles Related to Action Items:

Comments

The announcement was made by Mr. Felos on national television that Michael Schiavo is demanding an autopsy. Does this raise any concerns for anyone? I would feel a great deal better if someone entirely not connected to this case in any way, someone from somewhere else was performing the autopsy. If Michael is requesting one, that can not be a good thing.

Posted by: imdll at March 28, 2005 5:52 PM

This could be Michael hoping that we'll quit calling for an autopsy. After all, if we don't pressure Florida officials to perform an autopsy, Michael might CHANGE HIS MIND and we will have done nothing. Keep calling for an autopsy.

Posted by: guitarmom at March 28, 2005 6:11 PM

I'll believe it when I hear it with my own two ears. There would be no reason for him to have an autopsy done.

I have to agree with guitarmom. I'm sure he's saying this just to appease the thousands who are requesting one... and at the last minute, he'll say, "Oh, I changed my mind."

Posted by: Sirena at March 28, 2005 6:16 PM

Hmm haven't seen that announcement yet... strange that he'd change his mind all of a sudden.

Posted by: Foug at March 28, 2005 6:19 PM

Could just be a rumor.

Posted by: Sirena at March 28, 2005 6:19 PM

Anonymouse, you can look up their domain name and complain to their ISP.

GuitarMom is right. We need to keep up the pressure.

Posted by: Mary in LA at March 28, 2005 6:23 PM

The email for jthogmartin@co.pinellas.fl.us is not valid:

136.174.187.10 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 is not a valid mailbox. 550 No such recipient
Giving up on 136.174.187.10.

I'm pretty sure I spelled it right.

Posted by: digory at March 28, 2005 6:28 PM

Hitler changed his mind did he? Well I find that very strange but lets keep pressuring for someone with the guts to go in and help.

Terri is weak but responsive --- doesn't that mean something to someone with the power to help??

I will continue to send emails to Bush....

Posted by: Outraged at March 28, 2005 6:41 PM

Heard it on CNN - Michael is requesting an autopsy so that the extent of his wife's brain damage can be known.

Guess everybody should be satisfied with this.

Posted by: Blogging Beth at March 28, 2005 6:43 PM

And according to CNN, it will be performed by the Chief Medical Examiner of Pinellas County.

Posted by: Blogging Beth at March 28, 2005 6:46 PM

Well I am not.
He can try to save face, he is a murderer, he said she was resting comfortably and that her skin was not cracking and she was fine?!?!?

Terri is not dead yet Michael "Hitler" Schiavo!

Posted by: Outraged at March 28, 2005 6:48 PM

Gee that's a surprise...the autopsy will come back in his favor no doubt!!!

Posted by: Outraged at March 28, 2005 6:50 PM

Fortunately, I think the autopsy we'll settle some issues - the brain will be examined, the "injuries" will come to light. And there will be photographs - although I doubt they will become public record.

And - we will have a description of the body at the time of death - including the condition of the skin. Basically, both sides are playing the propoganda game - skewing the information to their benefit. Let's have a neutral party give us some answers.

Posted by: Blogging Beth at March 28, 2005 6:53 PM

I am worried that the coroner and ME are just as deep in cahoots with Greer et al... How else would that hospice be staying in business?

Posted by: darjeelingirl at March 28, 2005 6:54 PM

This is just so sad. He is calling everyone's bluff right now. I don't believe one word he says! He is a liar, a cheat and one day he will be exposed. So will all the participants in this entire web of deceit.

Posted by: Outraged at March 28, 2005 6:54 PM

Michael will one day have to meet his maker, he has no idea what is waiting for him..

Posted by: delphinius at March 28, 2005 6:57 PM

Well some people will never be happy. This is as close a neutral party as you will get. And it is the way it should be done.

So, if it comes back that there was no cerebral cortex and there is no way that TS could communicate - I guess it is a conspiracy. But if there is - well let's listen to the ME.

Listen to yourselves - you are getting what you want.

Posted by: Blogging Beth at March 28, 2005 6:57 PM

of course they are all in cahoots! They are a bunch of unethical tyrants! They have violated every ethical and judicial code of ethics, not to mention Terri's constitutional rights. Everyone is entitled to representation, yet Terri has been denied that right! They have all violated every one of Terri's constitutional rights....really ethical. The doctors and nurses who are not on the take have been fired. T

Posted by: Outraged at March 28, 2005 6:57 PM

I don't believe him either. And if he does, he'll get a bogus autopsy, I'm sure. He gets "doctors" and "specialists" who say what he wants him to say, so how is this different? Once a liar, always a liar...

Posted by: Sirena at March 28, 2005 7:01 PM

Also, if he chooses to have an autopsy, then HE will be responsible for the results. If someone else demands an autopsy (Bush, or DCF or state investigator) it could show her broken bones and then he'd be screwed. So it's safe for him to let his own doctors do the autopsy, so he can get the desired results...

What a lovely lovely man, don't you think? *smirk*

Posted by: Sirena at March 28, 2005 7:02 PM

OK - that makes ALOT of sense. So - we are only listening to the Medical Examiner if he says that Terri was not in a PVS, sustained injuries due to spousal abuse, received brain damage due to being strangled, and died due to a morphine overdose.

You are totally discrediting any "worthwhile movement" and opinions that I believe you have by statements like this! Think about it!

Posted by: Blogging Beth at March 28, 2005 7:04 PM

I heard this just now too. I'm sure that if he requests it, then he can pick and choose just exactly what is investigated. I wouldn't trust that man with my dog. The only thing that could even slightly redeem this worm would be if he were to turn over the body and complete funeral rights to her parents. But we all know that won't happen.

Posted by: RightAlltheTime at March 28, 2005 7:04 PM

I know this will sound bad but at least she is close to being truely loved and knowing know pain and free to run around. She will be waiting for Michael if he gets that far. But they say she is close. I just hate it though that Michael is getting away with murder because that is truely what i think this is.
Pray for Terri and her family

Posted by: delphinius at March 28, 2005 7:05 PM

Troll Alert: Blogging Beth

BB, it's obvious you're only here to stir up the crap. Thanks for leaving the troll droppings. We love cleaning them up.

Posted by: Sirena at March 28, 2005 7:08 PM

We have all fought so hard for the truth to be heard and not one person was willing to truely listen. And to have him walking around so content and happy to move on with his life, LEGALLY, is just plain sick. I have never fought so hard towards something so wrong before, and its all for nothing i feel because no one will keep a open mind to all the information. Very Frustrating

Posted by: delphinius at March 28, 2005 7:09 PM

I don't like being pushed to demand an autopsy NOW, when I am still so busy writing everybody and his (ahem) brother, demanding that she be allowed to LIVE. THAT fight isn't over for Terri, and it's not over for ME.

Posted by: Suzanne. at March 28, 2005 7:12 PM

Delphinius,
Fighting for the truth and what's right is NEVER all for nothing. There are tens of thousands of people all over the world now that know of Terri's plight. I also know that by talking to others (in real life, not online) about both sides of this case, I've been able to show others the injustice given Terri and now they are in support of Terri and the Schindlers.

Posted by: Sirena at March 28, 2005 7:13 PM

I just saw an interview on CNN 360 with Sherri Payne a good friend of Terri's. It was a great interview and she discussed at length visiting with Terri and how she tried to speak back to her and how her reactions were so animated and loud that the police officer came in the room to see if everything was ok. She said that Terri had never been so vocal. I had heard something about this before, but seeing it in person was very effective. I am hoping that it has some kind of impact.

Posted by: imdll at March 28, 2005 7:14 PM

I agree.. Terri is still alive and we should fight for her until the end.

Posted by: Sirena at March 28, 2005 7:15 PM

If the supreme court, gov.bush, the courts, the police are not the people to turn to when our constitutional rights have been violated then who are we suppose to go to? I am truely curious because I did not see any of those systems fighting to protect Terri's rights, so where are we suppose to go if we think our rights are being violated? I have never been so let down by the system that it makes me wonder why vote? whats the point, no one is listening..

Posted by: delphinius at March 28, 2005 7:15 PM

You all sound like Oliver Stone...CONSPIRACY!!!! Let me guess, the government killed Kennedy and aliens shot J.R. right? Is the Supreme Court in on it? The reality is Michael won and deserved to. Euthanasia is illegal in Florida so this is the only way to comply with what the court and an independant Guardian for Terri all agree she wanted. Your own precious Jeb Bush agreed that the Guardian and his report were independant and fair. Argue with real facts and evidence or shut the hell up. Otherwise, you are voicing an opinion and opinions are like A**HO**S everyone has one.

Posted by: atacpdx at March 28, 2005 7:16 PM

Delphinius,
If you choose to give up, that's your choice. But for us, we will not.

Posted by: Sirena at March 28, 2005 7:17 PM

This is what is on MSNBC website: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7293186/

Felos also said the chief medical examiner for Pinellas County, Dr. John Thogmartin, had agreed to perform an autopsy on Schiavo. He said that her husband wants proof of the extent of her brain damage.

I certainly would feel better if it was a medical examiner from a different county. Especially with Felos and MS announcing this person. I hate to be so cynical but...

Posted by: LifeisPrecious at March 28, 2005 7:18 PM

I will not stop fighting but am very discouraged.....

Posted by: delphinius at March 28, 2005 7:18 PM

Troll alert: atacpdx

Why are you here? If you're not for Terri, you're against her, and we don't need your negativity here.

Posted by: Sirena at March 28, 2005 7:18 PM

I have lost my trust in Gov. Bush

It is not illegal for him to start a criminal investigation on Michael Schiavo, given the facts and seize Terri, since she is a witness. What is Jeb Bush saying when he says he has no power?? Pilate!!

Posted by: sujata at March 28, 2005 7:26 PM

Can't someone make an issue of feeding Terri orally, forget the food tube, feed her orally like every one else. Why isnt everyone making a hue and cry of prohibition of oral feed?

Posted by: sujata at March 28, 2005 7:28 PM

If the autopsy will not be done by a completely independent and objective ME (outside of this jurisdiction) then my first thought is that Michael (and Felos) are probably pretty confident in this county's comfy, cozy collusion. Also, I would love for a dr. to chime in on this but I feel pretty sure that evidence of the abuse 15 years ago would no longer be clear in an autopsy.

And the most important point...If Michael really does want proof of the the extent of Terri's brain damage, WHY would he not want to get that proof BEFORE she is killed?

Megan

Posted by: Lesbiencestmoi at March 28, 2005 7:28 PM

And why do you assume that, because I am trying to make some people see how hypocritical they look - by calling for an autopsy and then complaining when they get it - that I am stirring up trouble.

Gee - its real easy to dismiss people with Troll alerts rather than deal with the issues at hand.

Posted by: Blogging Beth at March 28, 2005 7:32 PM

oh! because there's evidence to the contrary

FACT - 05/20/1990 ---DR. NEWHART-- The brain cells that control body function were not as seriously affected as initially diagnosed Consequently, it is anticipated that Terri should regain full use of her body.
FACT - 06/27/1990 ---- DR. BARAS-- had been seen by me at College Harbor and started to make improvement. Started to show some vocalization where she will say "no" and occasionally has some voluntary movement on command of eyes and mouth as reported by husband and mother.
FACT - 06-28-1990 --- DR. THACKER Moaning type vocalizations initially; no sign of excess secretions requiring frequent suctioning; intermittently swallows, probably swallows her saliva without any trouble.
FACT -- 07-10-1990 ---- DR. BARAS --Purposeful movement in right upper extremity as seen by P.T. O.T. and me Flexing right elbow not as a reflex, but voluntarily.
FACT-- 08/25/1990 DISCHARGE SUMMARY FROM BAYFRONT MEDICAL. Patient did show some improvement in range of motion.
FACT -- 01/01/1991 PHYSICAL THERAPY EVAL---Turns head from noxious stimuli.
FACT -- 01/29/1991---- DR. ALCAZARAN --Meadowbrok California. Noted increased alertness, turns head toward voice, turns head from tactile stimulation. sucking, and rooting response to olfactory stimulation. spontaneously vocalied. Good cough. Some visual tracking.
FACT- - 02-1/1991 ---Physical Therapy Notes -- Alert throughout treatment session, responds to pain, moaning, turns head from noxious stimuli.
FACT-- 02/15/1991 --- PSYCHOLOGY NOTES WRITTEN BY PATTI SHOOK ---Terri's eye opening responses were her strongest. Terri's tactile responses were her best, with other four modalities only 1 to 2 points behind. This level of functioning is appropriate for a sensory stimulation program.
FACT-- 02/1/1992--THERAPEUTIC NOTES BY SHERRI LAGE --Patient appeared to focus on several pictures of family for 10 seconds, appeared to slightly track to left each session, but inconsistent Quick startle response to all auditory stimuli, occasionally moves head from tactile stimuli.
FACT -- 02/20/1991-- PHYSICAL THERAPY NOTES -- Patient has made significant gains since admission in all areas of range of motion.
FACT -- 03/19/1991--- SPEECH LANGUAGE NOTES -- Occasionally responds to request to verbalize, swallow and move arms.
FACT -- 06/17/1991 --- TREATMENT PLAN REVIEW -- Vocalizing when prone in PT., occasionally will say "stop" to nurse doing procedures.

HOW COULD ALL THIS BE IGNORED and the person allowed to be murdered??? Usually murders happen where there are no witnesses, but not here.

Everyone, that has the power and not taking action is equally responsible for this murder.

Posted by: sujata at March 28, 2005 7:33 PM

Megan,

Good call! I was thinking the SAME thing. If he really wanted to know the status of her brain he would have gone ahead and had the PET scan and MRI before they removed the feeding tube.

Posted by: Sirena at March 28, 2005 7:39 PM

Blogging Beth, the issue at hand is that you're trying to cause trouble. I know it, you know it.

Posted by: Sirena at March 28, 2005 7:40 PM

Keep praying. Keep calling. Keep faxing. This is not over until Terri takes her last breath.
Then the next fight starts:
1. Getting the unjust judges and lawmakers out of office. (I'm not sure yet whether or not this includes Jeb. But the Pinellas County judges must go, as well as a lot of the Florida state legislature and the Congress.)
2. Cleaning house in Pinellas County, Florida.
3. Making sure that no one else ever dies this way again.

Posted by: Mary in LA at March 28, 2005 7:43 PM

Mary,

Amen.

Posted by: Sirena at March 28, 2005 7:44 PM

Sujata, I know I have.

That is usually the one point I bring up, whether in phone call, fax or email, because then the gov't would have "stayed out of it", the husband would be satisfied she wasn't being kept alive by 'artificial' means and her alleged wish to have "no tubes for me" would also be satisfied. It is hearbreaking that we are denying the one thing that we all require to survive. Argue that she can't swallow, others have fed her. Argue that she might choke to death, is a starvation death better?

That is the one thing that saddens me with this whole situation. I am not focusing on how she got to be brain damaged. I am not a doctor nor a family friend to comment on her condition or previous lifestyle.

I also am fed up with the position that she "wouldn't want to live 'like this'" . Park anybody in a bed for 12+ years with minimal contact and no PT, OT and precious little other stimuli, and see how they end up. God be praised she is able to smile when her family visits.

If she doesn't want to 'live like this', then it is her choice to end her life and we call that suicide. Or if it isn't her choice, isn't this then court sanctioned murder? And who chooses uncomfortable situations? Who CHOOSES to be brain damaged? Who chooses poverty? Ask the poor. Do they choose to be poor? People make do with bad situations all the time. Doesn't mean we need to evaluate their quality of life and decide to end it for them. Especially with so many questions on the table.

But we need to spare the venom. It is harming any credibility we have and giving food to the trolls. I am not angry. I am sad that it seems so many of the world thinks it's ok to throw her away.

Posted by: I hope at March 28, 2005 7:48 PM

Thanks everyone.

I am still praying and believing that Terri will be made whole by God and that her rescue is close at hand. It is darkest before dawn, so I Fear Not and Believe only that Terri shall be rescued and made whole!

Why cant we start a campaign to feed her orally? Why is everyone focusing on the tube?

Posted by: sujata at March 28, 2005 7:55 PM

anonymouse,

Got to ponder and pray on this, but remember how Jesus was mocked and vilified.

outraged, darjeelingirl, Serena and LifeisPrecious,

I thought of that when I e-mailed the ME. That MS is calling for it, confirms it as fact for me.

atacpdx'

There is none so blind as he who will not see. Get your issues off the road until you are ready to deal honestly with them. Then come back and we'll be there for you.

Blogging Beth,

Have you ever been in a place where the authorities are in complicity. You are one of the good old boys or you are something squishy between their toes. No matter which way you turn you get nowhere, no how, no way. Been there, done that.

delphinius,

Do not despair, but have faith in God. Granted faith in man is futile, but your faith in God makes it impossible for Him not to act. We must become an army and defeat this evil. Use that frustration constructively.

Suzanne,

Agreed, but should she die, after is too late; then Terri never gets to testify and that would be too, too sad. I pray that God will give her food and drink which NO ONE can take away, not even the unholy trinity.

Last night when I went to bed, I found myself arguing the case with God. Since I don't feel that I have any standing in this case (having neglected things until it reached this point), I searched for someone who does have a just claim. It is Terri, herself, and the Schindlers. Of course, God has the greatest claim of all, having created, sustained and redeemed Terri, so I presume his interest. So I asked Him to let Terri live as she wills, as her family wills, as He wills. And if possible throw in my prayers, as well, for good measure.

And that's the way it has to be, folks. No one else has any real right to vote, most especially the greers, MS's and felos' of the world. They don't even pretend to be on the side of the ones who have a just claim in this case.

Posted by: mary et. al. at March 28, 2005 7:56 PM

Thanks for the rational comments "I hope". Some people on this forum have no idea how they sound - and it completely defeats any credibility they may have. I mean - listen to the spin machine. Gibbs says she is near death. The family says she is weak but can be saved. Come on - think how this looks. Of course, I would want Randall Terry speaking for me - not.

I agree with your conclusion regarding the oral feeding. She will aspirate the food/liquid and die of pneumonia - much more distressing.

Posted by: Blogging Beth at March 28, 2005 8:00 PM

Perhaps a neutral party can at least observe during the autopsy procedure.

Posted by: Foug at March 28, 2005 8:03 PM

Mary - all I am trying to say is that it looks like to me - if some people get the answers they want (i.e. no brain damage - spousal abuse), they will love the Medical Examiner. If they get answers they don't want - there is a conspiracy.

Just like when all of these judgements were coming down against TS. The judges were crooks - the process was flawed. But - as I stated before - they would be angels if ONE ruling came down in TS favor.

Think about - Jeb was a saviour with Terri's law but now he is scum because he won't go in, violate a court order, find himself in contempt of court, and snatch TS.

Posted by: Blogging Beth at March 28, 2005 8:03 PM

Foug -

why not have a rep from each party?

Posted by: Blogging Beth at March 28, 2005 8:05 PM

Why dont we call, email, telegram for the right to feed Terri orally. Surely that cannot be denied (I know Greer's ruling on that), but everyones talking about the tube, surely public opinion would change if oral feeding is focused on.

Posted by: sujata at March 28, 2005 8:06 PM

I would definitely like to see a neutral party in for any autopsy. Although as I have heard said before, we can have experts testify to anything. I just wish we could get the facts without any spin.

I agree with the earlier comment, why try to determine how brain damaged she is AFTER she is dead? Why not get an MRI or MRA now?? Even an updated CT scan would be useful. Not the best, but better than nothing. Any of these tests are of little value, and apparently not accurate or useful after death. The reasoning regarding having an autopsy to determine her brain damage is almost laughable. ("Well, let's just make her starve and oh, my, she really ISN'T PVS after all! Ooops!") What is that about?

I called the governor, DCF, law enforcement, every day since her tube was pulled asking about oral feeding. I usually got, ...'we will pass your comments on....", or "no comment" or (this was a good one) "it is in the courts now", as if we should wait for a judge to decide if we should stop a crime that is being committed. I honestly do NOT believe she would choke, but if that were in doubt, it could easily be cleared up with a swallowing eval. Done all the time at even small one horse town hospitals. I know, I work in one of those. Video swallows can show if they 'silently' aspirate. Nobody has to guess or rely on testimony of nurses that are being discounted by the Schiavos. It amazes me that this has not been done. But it also amazes me she is hanging on.

Having said that, I am going to pray. At this hour, this is the best that I can do. I am sick of the news coverage, and I am not sure one more email to the Governor, or the US AG or any other person will help. God can work miracles, He already has.

I pray for peace and strength for her and her family, and most of all, justice. She may not get it here on this earth, but she will finally get to experience complete and total unconditional love.

God Bless. May your hearts find peace also.

Posted by: I hope at March 28, 2005 9:16 PM

Felos such a liar, saying that Terri is resting comfortably, in peace, beautiful, not in pain, and stuff. Then why did they introduce Morphine Drip if she was not in pain? She obviously screamed or vocalled in a strong voice. The only way to shush her up and impedied death is by Morphine Drip.

I agree with you, we most definetely need to Pray Hard and God is known to give Miracles and gives us Hope for Life. I really hope and pray to God, that if Micheal do indeed told a Lie or a Truth, that God will let it be known to the World and if he lied in Courts, a violation to God's Laws (Proverbs 6:19 that God hates People that lies in Courts will shall pay dearly on Judgement Day). Investigation is needed since we hear that she has been strangled and we need to find out the truth. The truth may be gone forever down with her in her Grave. We cannot let it happen. I don't know why Bush, Judge Greer, Jeb Bush and their Cronies are not doing anything. The Only Answer is that they agree to it, and they do Evil things and that just by killing her.

Posted by: momforGod at March 28, 2005 9:31 PM

Euthanasia is illegal in Florida? Why are they not stopping it? That shows us they can break the Laws, eh? They are above the Law? I think it is about time Jeb Bush has to go, Judge Greer has to go, and the ones that agreed to Euthanasia should go since it is illegal in Florida. Period. And for that Crime they committed, they should "pay". I don't get it, you go to Prison for beating a Dog and starve a Dog, but not for starving a Human Being Life? Wow, they must be more of a Dog Lover than a Human Being, eh? What's up with Judge Greer, is he a Racist to Disabled People? What's up with Micheal, is he wanting her gone to "collect" Life Insurance? or just had "enough" of her? What's up with Jeb Bush, is he wanting to save his own Ass Job, rather than saving a Life? Proverbs 24:25 specifically said "If people are planning to kill a person, then you must try to SAVE him. You cannot say "It's none of my Business." The Lord knows everything. And he knows why you do things. The Lord watches you. He knows And the Lord will reward you for the things you do." A Violation of God's Laws that Jeb Bush and his Brother Broke. Opps. They have to meet their Maker. I don't get it, that Bush is anti-abortion, but not for Life of a Person?

Posted by: momforGod at March 28, 2005 9:43 PM

This is ridiculous, that Jeb Bush does not have the Power and the Authority over Florida Police? The Police guarding the Hospice telling Jeb Bush to go away? Does that mean the Police has more Power than Jeb Bush? What Power does Jeb Bush currently have? Right now in my eyes, None whatsoever. The Police and Judge Greer and Micheal Schivao has that Power and the Power is Evil. WE have to stop their Evil Doing and Save Terri at all cost. God is watching us. We gotta pray hard and hope for a Miracle. It is amazing that Terri lived up to 11 days, I would not be surprised that she would live past 15 days, because it just shows strong determination for the Will to Live. Terry has that will to Live. I would hate for the People present in that Hospice ignoring her Plea...over and over...I can imagine it...she would moan and yell and do stuff over and over...hanging for her dear Life. I think the last resort is Terri HAS to TELL HER HUSBAND that she wants to Live. All she has to say the Word "Live" in a Strong Voice for her Husband to hear. That is if he claims that his Wife does not want to be put this way. Let's pray that God can put a Voice in her for to speak her Mind. In the Bible, if a Donkey can talk, then so can she. Why not?

Posted by: momforGod at March 28, 2005 9:53 PM

I have to say I agree with Beth her. I don't think she is on here to insight a riot from within, I think she is pointing out an obvious. Everyone here has been demanding an autopsy (which is the theme of this thread), and now there will be an autopsy, and suddenly it's because MS is trying to hide something??? It doesn't make sense to me. You are getting what you have been asking for, so how is it a bad thing???

Posted by: Sarah B at March 28, 2005 9:56 PM

Blogging Beth and SarahB,

Let's try this.

Terri is talking divorce, when suddenly she has heart failure and becomes comatose.

Terri's parents want to take and tend her cats, but ms says no and has them put down.

ms goes to court and gets a settlement to provide for the care and rehabilitation of Terri, then orders all therapy and stimulation stopped.

Terri can swallow and enjoys drinks, pudding, jello, but only gets them when someone dares disobey ms and sneak them to her.

Terri can't go outside, see Santa Claus or have any other interaction, but with a select group on the visitors list and even that is shut down when periodical when ms flexes his will.

The money ms begged for to rehab Terri is now being used to exterminate her. I suppose felos is quite high priced, being the distinguished grim reaper that he is.

ms says he doesn't know what Terri wants. ms made a vow to Terri that he wouldn't leave her in this condition.

Others can make a better list than I can if you need more evidence of the bad faith demonstrated by ms at every turn. And that's my point. ms has been consistent in one way only; BAD FAITH. Are you, then, suggesting that this leopard has changed his spots? Hurt me once, shame on you; hurt me twice, shame on me.

Posted by: mary et. al. at March 29, 2005 9:23 AM

Thanks Sarah - appreciate your support. Nobody on this forum is going to be happy. They got what they wanted and now - we are skeptical because of it. Scary!

Posted by: Blogging Beth at March 29, 2005 10:03 AM

BB, you just don't understand where we are coming from, so of course you can't figure out why we are skeptical.

Posted by: Sirena at March 29, 2005 1:46 PM

Please note. I have been informed that the "attending" physician may not have been the physician named in previous malpractice suits (information passed from another physician). The copy of the "sample" letter includes this based in reports of other physicians. However, I am unable to confirm this and I have been told it was a consultant physician, and not an attending physician.

It would be only fair to elimnate that line in the sample letter, since there is no intent to hurt the repuation of the "attending" physician based on this data. He / She is likely in a most difficult circumstance already and it justice and fairness should prevail. It is alleged that a consultant to Michael Schiavo has been named in 5 malpractice cases before. Other physicians and folks posting comments have indicated this. I have yet to be able to confirm that data independently. Whether that is true or not, it was only important before the decision was made to do an autopsy (to make sure that the Medical Examiner looked closely at the situation). Apparently the medical examiner is now going to look at the situation. Let's not include the malpractice history of either attending physicians or consultants in letters and posts, since it is really not relevant to bringing justice for Terri. There are several other arguments that can, and should, be brought to bear on those making decisions. I have no reason to distruct the Medical Examiner who has a legal, moral and personal responsbility to do the appropriate studies, and get appropriate consultants. The other physicians who have communicated concerns are free to express their opinions as well, and their analysis as well.

Posted by: Robert W. Smith MD at March 29, 2005 8:21 PM