« Michael Schiavo and the autopsy scam | Main | Governor Bush Holds 'Supreme Executive Power' -- Florida Constitution Holds The Key to Saving Terri Schiavo's Life »

March 29, 2005

CBS Releases Schiavo Obituary

Conservative talk show host Glenn Beck has posted an obituary of Terri Schiavo that was accidentally released by CBS. This story originally appeared on the CBS News website on Monday, March 28th at the following URL. You can find a PDF version of the original CBS story here.

Short, Sad Life Of Terri Schiavo
NEW YORK, March TK, 2005
This story was written by CBSNews.com's Christine Lagorio

Surrounded by stuffed animals and medical equipment in her small hospice room in Pinellas Park, Fla., Theresa Marie Schindler Schiavo died TK.

[snip]

Michael Schiavo, who was at the bedside of his wife Terri when she died, told Larry King that he lives now with another woman with whom he has two children.

"I can love more than one person," he told King. "Everybody can do that."

The url that pointed to the article on the CBS News website is http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/28/national/main683633.shtml. The network evidentially corrected their mistake by removing the story.

Reader Joyce notes, "Prewritten obituaries are not new, but this included the information that 'Michael was at her bedside' when she died. The story has been pulled."

Posted by tim at March 29, 2005 11:35 AM

Comments

Oh my god... that's sickening.

Posted by: Sirena at March 29, 2005 12:15 PM

I think I'm gonna puke! :-P "Short, Sad Life" -- gimme a break! Even if Terri dies, her fight has accomplished more than many people ever get done in a lifetime. Light has been shed on the hidden legal methods of offing the disabled for gain. That knowledge isn't going to go away.

By the way, "TK" is old, pre-digital-age printers' shorthand for "To Come", spelled "K- u- m" (I hope this doesn't bounce off anyone's content filter!)

Posted by: Mary in LA at March 29, 2005 12:39 PM

And here I thought that mankind couldn't shock me anymore. I WAS WRONG!!!

Posted by: mary et. al. at March 29, 2005 12:44 PM

Reminds me of Dewey Wins The Election! headline--as well as a birth announcement I wrote in my HODGEPODGE column that came out on February 25, 1972--not realizing that Sarah (baby of friends whose arrival was predicted to be then) wouldn't actually be born until March 10!

My wish is to make a copy of that and have it brought out and laughed at on the occasion of Terri's 100th Birthday. I pray that such a happy ending still has a chance to be written.

Why wait until her 100th Birthday? This could become a traditional joke every December 3!

Haven't read the entire thing yet--that will be next!--but I just looooove (NOT!) that part about how she was surrounded by stuffed animals and all of that BS when, until very recently, Michael didn't allow anything like that to stay in her room!

Posted by: Ainsley_Jo_Phillips at March 29, 2005 12:54 PM

Why am I still shocked when this stuff comes out? Sick, disgusting! GOD HELP US!!!!

Posted by: LauraB at March 29, 2005 1:33 PM

New NEWS:

Independent Medical Examiner Must Attend Schiavo Autopsy;
Web of Deception Extends Into FDLE Commission
© The Empire Journal

After years of refusing an autopsy upon the death of Terri Schindler-Schiavo, suddenly the attorney for Michael Schiavo has announced that Dr. Jon Thogmartin, medical examiner for Pinellas/Pasco Counties, District 6, will conduct an autopsy to attempt to dispel rumors of criminal wrongdoing in the case.

RED MORE...

Posted by: Raquel at March 29, 2005 1:47 PM

If anyone still doubts or does not know how deeply the vultures of death are embedded in the media via the institutions, foundations, and universities promoting abortion/euthanasia, please go to the following website for an in-depth history and/or a two-page timeline: a real eye opener:

Posted by: abigail at March 29, 2005 2:03 PM

holy crap! that is sick..

Posted by: delphinius at March 29, 2005 2:16 PM

this country has gone luppy?!! These people are pure evil.

Posted by: delphinius at March 29, 2005 2:17 PM

Didn't have time to read that article, but I will ASAP. Can we all just lay to rest "major media is our friend"? They are NOT.

Where is everyone??? I've been trying to say something all day to get this show on the road and no response at all. Except Juleni, God bless her, dug up a mammouth bone that I hope she shared with absolutely everyone and that absolutely everyone read it. But that was in response to something I wrote yesterday.

HELP!!!

Posted by: mary et. al. at March 29, 2005 4:40 PM

Mary et al, I must have missed something. What kind of help do you need? My husband has a Web hosting company, if that will help.

Posted by: Mary in LA at March 29, 2005 5:51 PM

Christine Lagorio's snide swipes at Terri even as she lies starving is too much to go unanswered:

"A Mean Spirit is its own Punishment (TK)"

There once was a gal named Lagorio
Who wrote lies for her pay (like a whorio)-
She mocked our suffering and dying
Without even trying: TK! TK! TK!

Posted by: abigail at March 29, 2005 11:17 PM