« Sensenbrenner/Weldon Legislation Introduced Today to Protect Terri Schiavo--Full House to Consider Today or Thursday | Main | U.S. House OKs Schiavo Bill »

March 16, 2005

BREAKING NEWS: DCF DECLINES TO TAKE ACTION

Topics: Legal affairs

BREAKING NEWS: We have received information tonight from the
Schindlers that the Department of Children and Families has decided
that there is insufficient evidence of abuse to proceed.

This information was just given to the Gibbs law firm and George Felos. We have no idea how they arrived at that conclusion without an investigation.

The Schindlers are very discouraged right now and ask that everyone please contact Governor Bush and ask him to please save the life of Terri Schiavo.

It is URGENT that you contact Governor Bush immediately, tonight if possible.

More to come......

Contact Jeb Bush by email
or telephone 850 / 488-4441
or Fax 850 / 487-0801
Or by all three

Posted by richard at March 16, 2005 7:34 PM

Articles Related to Legal affairs:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference BREAKING NEWS: DCF DECLINES TO TAKE ACTION:

» BREAKING NEWS: DCF DECLINES TO TAKE ACTION from Hyscience
BREAKING NEWS: We have received information from the Schindlers that the Department of Children and Families has decided that there is insufficient evidence of abuse to proceed. [Read More]

Tracked on March 16, 2005 7:58 PM

» BREAKING NEWS: DCF DECLINES TO TAKE ACTION from ProLifeBlogs
BREAKING NEWS: We have received information tonight from the Schindlers that the Department of Children and Families has decided that there is insufficient evidence of abuse to proceed. This information was just given to the Gibbs law firm and George... [Read More]

Tracked on March 16, 2005 8:02 PM

» BREAKING NEWS: DCF DECLINES TO TAKE ACTION from bLogicus
We have received information tonight from the Schindlers that the Department of Children and Families has decided that there is insufficient evidence of abuse to proceed [Read More]

Tracked on March 16, 2005 9:19 PM

» Breaking News from Blogsforterri.com from Now You Know
The following was posted by Richard at blogsforterri.com . For the purpose of expediency in an urgent matter, I am posting it in its entirety and verbatim: [Read More]

Tracked on March 16, 2005 10:54 PM

Comments

Oh this is bad...really bad. I don't know what's prompting them to first want an investigation, then decide that one isn't warranted.

I wish I knew how so many people can be so completely convinced that Terri can't feel any pain. I haven't seen *any* medical facts that tell me at what point of brain function there is consciousness...or at what point the brain looses the ability to recognize pain. I know that she supposedly has "no cortex", but I'm not sure that she can't feel pain or fear. What if cortex isn't required to feel pain?

It must me "nice" to be able to go through life so sure of your decisions and always "knowing". The more I learn in life, the less I know. I'm now old enough to be sure that I'm unsure. So I have to always give a situation the benefit of the doubt. So if I had to make a mistake with Terri's case, I'd err on the side of keeping her alive and trying rehab. Will Terri at least get pain killers?(...since Michael supposedly demanded no medications in past documentation) Do pain killer's really help? Did Kate Adamson get them? (because she said she had lots of pain due to starving when her tube was pulled)

Wow. I'm just gobsmacked right now......since this looks like it's really going to happen, I *now* *really* hope the courts are right and Terri can't feel pain.

Posted by: Ceci at March 16, 2005 8:01 PM

WoW is right...something is so terribly "off" about all of these situations...time and time again..nonsensical and immoral and something is definitely going on behind the scenes...I am feeling quite emotionally manipulated by my own government...and its not only gross incompetence but its criminal negligence....This shall not pass...

Posted by: Crystal Clear at March 16, 2005 9:10 PM

Isn't it uncanny how Judge Greer refused to delay the death order so DCF could do an investigation and Bingo DCF decides to quit and go home. I am not too distraught though. After all we are talking about the state that is nationally known for losing children in foster care. I am appauled that they found not enough evidence of abuse(Terrisfight.com alone has a mountain of affidavits!)...I see severe and repeated emotional, psychological, mental , physical abuse. As I understand the regualtions and standards in ADA...Terri is being denied fair and just treatment because she is disabled.....this is a major Civil Rights scandal. I will never live in Florida nor will I ever visit given what I have observed happening to Terri.
Just which agencies in Florida do their jobs...?

Posted by: JoMarley at March 16, 2005 9:34 PM

I did call Gov Bush's office..the message says that the executive mailbox is full....fax would be better.

Posted by: JoMarley at March 16, 2005 9:37 PM

I did email mr. Bush..
I find this horrible, as a human being, there is going to feel pain, I mentioned to him if I took my poor sick cat into the vet, it would be allowed a more humane departure from this world then what Terri will receive. It just makes my heart sink.

Posted by: Kat at March 16, 2005 10:02 PM

I emailed Gov Bush. I can't believe that there is nothing left that can intervene to stop this.

Posted by: Barb at March 16, 2005 10:43 PM

There is still some hope as I see it. If the Fla legislature passes the Incapacitated Persons Protection Act with the ammendment that eliminates estranged family from being guardians, then Michael Schiavo will be dismissed as Guardian AND Terri will be spared from starvation by virtue of the Law. If the US Congress passes their law to guarantee a Writ of habeus corpus in death orders, then Terris case will be reviewed by a Federal Court. This will be good because the Federal Court will get to see all the evidence and testimony that Judge Greer refused to consider. REMEMBER that the 1960's Civil Rights movement met constant set backs in the local courts ..none in the south would condemn segregation nor would they prosecute the "Good ole boy" bigots and murderers. The obstinacy of the local courts was deplorable and criminal. ONLY when the Federal Courts stepped in did change start to happen and bigoted rulings get reversed. I liken the Civil Rights of the Disabled to the Racial Civil Rights movement. The Constitution is clear; ADA and IDEA are in place; yet the rights and liberties of the disabled are denied ; the abuse and dehumanization is rampant...especially in the courts. Intervention by the Federal Courts could be the review that could right all wrongs...I am hopeful. As much as I would love to see MSchiavo be prosecuted, if that does not happen I still know that he will hang himself eventually. Saving Terri is our primary objective and I think a Federal Court will be giant steps to doing that.

If not , then it is time for civil disobedience.
PRAY

Posted by: JoMarley at March 16, 2005 10:53 PM

I guess the DFC was reminded by someone , who writes their checks. So much for Defending the Abused. I wonder how they will justify their jobs in the future.

Posted by: Ron Mcintyre at March 17, 2005 11:57 AM