« Vote Needed on AOL Online Poll - Help Terri | Main | Statement by the President »

March 17, 2005

BOTH SENATORS WITH LAST NAME REED ARE HOLDING UP LEGISLATION FOR TERRI

Topics:

It's BOTH Senator Reeds that need to be encouraged to support Terri - Urgent that EVERYONE CALL NOW - ONLY TWO HOURS LEFT!

ASK THEM TO PLEASE support: "The Incapacitated Persons Legal Protection Act."

Reed, Jack - (D - RI) Class II
728 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-4642
Web Form: http://reed.senate.gov/form-opinion.htm

AND

Reid, Harry - (D - NV) Class III
528 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-3542
Web Form: http://reid.senate.gov/email_form.cfm

Posted by richard at March 17, 2005 2:15 PM

Articles Related to :

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference BOTH SENATORS WITH LAST NAME REED ARE HOLDING UP LEGISLATION FOR TERRI:

» Cheap Cruises from Cruises
TITLE: Cheap Cruises URL: http://123.xmix.net/ IP: 61.19.223.131 BLOG NAME: Cruises DATE: 04/09/2005 07:01:20 AM [Read More]

Tracked on April 9, 2005 7:01 AM

Comments

Done... but the guy who answered the phone for Reid actually chuckled when I told him they could pass a law that WAS constitutional...Then politely told me all he could do is pass on my opinion...

Posted by: Crystal Clear at March 17, 2005 2:39 PM

I just called both Reed/Reid's office. Harry Reid's office took forever to pick up (I don't know what that signifies) and once I did, the person could not answer any questions, just take down comments.

Jack Reed's office quickly said that, no, it was Harry Reid we wanted. I don't know if that means Reed was never opposed to the vote or if they were just anxious to get the heat off of them.

Posted by: Corie Schweitzer at March 17, 2005 2:52 PM

Tried to call Senator Harry Reid this PM by phone. Impossible to get through to him by phone. Wanted to get his support for the bill
sponsored by Senator Santorem and Senator Sessions to save Terry Schiavo. Where is he
hiding?

Posted by: Peggy LaBoudiere at March 17, 2005 3:13 PM

"Please support Terri and how much I appreciate your support of a law that is constituational, good public policy and that will protect the intersts of the FL disabled and elderly."

Posted by: Joyce Olson at March 17, 2005 3:17 PM

And to think the Democrats have characterized themselves as the "Party of Compassion"?

Posted by: bryanm at March 17, 2005 3:22 PM

when I told Reed's office I was from Minnesota she seemed less interested in my opinion....

Posted by: sal at March 17, 2005 3:48 PM

I just called both Senators and got right through. I was told by the staff at Senator Reed's office that the Senator had not yet taken a position on the bill. So call him and urge him to support it.

Posted by: Silk at March 17, 2005 4:22 PM

Why is it that the democratic party is so anti-life?
The donkey is a great symbol for the democrats because they continue exhibiting being such jackasses!

Terri Schiavo deserves to be treated better than this! She is not brain dead or she wouldn't be able to breath without a respirator! Why are these individuals so intent on her dieing at this point?

That husband of hers should never have been ALLOWED TO USE HER MONEY ON LEGAL FEES TO KILL HER THAT MONEY SHOULD BE PROVIDED FOR HER PERSONAL CARE!! IT IS NOT LEGAL TO PULL THOSE FEEDING TUBES FROM HER. TERRI DID NOT HAVE A LIVING WILL.

Posted by: linda at March 17, 2005 4:32 PM

As a constituent of Reed-RI, I called and informed them of my position to save Terri's life.

The person answering the phone took my message but seemed annoyed and was quick to hang up.

Every time I look at Terri's pictures I am reminded of my mother-in-law whose last years of life were bed-bound with MS. She didn't want unnecessary measures, but she never gave up on life. To think of starving her just angers me.

I sincerely want to see Reed's arguments. I also want to see Lincoln Chafee's. I have a letter from Lincoln Chafee regarding abortion and in his words:
"While she (the pregnant woman) may seek counsel from her family, clergyperson and doctor, the choice is ultimately hers."

Terri's not being given a choice. Hypocrites!

This truth needs to be told to the large number of seniors in the state of RI. Who's next, my mother?

Posted by: Chris at March 17, 2005 5:07 PM

GOD HAVE MERCY ON TERRI. PLEASE MR AND MRS SCHINDLER TAKE TERRI AND GET OUT OF THIS COUNTRY. hOW CAN A JUDGE SLEEP AT NIGHT AFTER MAKING SUCH A MISTAKE. MR. SHAVIO SHOULD BE IN A CELL WITH SCOTT PETERSON AND THEY CAN BOTH GO TO HELL.

Posted by: cheryl coberly at March 17, 2005 6:35 PM

MY MOTHER WAS JUST LIKE TERRI SHAVIO, SHE WAS IN WHAT THE DOCTORS CALLED A VEGETAIVE STATE, HAD A FEEDING AND COULD NOT SPEAK. I REALLY FEEL THAT HER LIFE IS WORTH SAVING. IT IS NOT OUR PLACE TO DECIDE WHO LIVES OR DIES, IT IS GOD'S WILL

Posted by: kristy at March 20, 2005 11:02 PM