« New URGENT Action Item - Bobby Schindler Update | Main | Captain's Quarters Email: Callers can call in and discuss Terri (updated) »

March 19, 2005

An Arrest Record to Be Proud Of

Three men were arrested today in Pinellas Park, Florida. Their crime? They attempted to bring water to a thirsty woman.

...I was thirsty and you gave me drink...
Matthew 25:35

Posted by dory at March 19, 2005 1:27 PM

Comments

That's a start. They need more help. Where are the legions of real men in this supposedly "Christian" America?

Posted by: Charles M. de Nunzio at March 19, 2005 1:31 PM

Did the civil rights demonstrators make it easy for the cops in the Sixties? NO! They turned up in enough force for Bull Connor to let loose the dogs — which made for really good TV....

And now segregation is illegal.

Posted by: Charles M. de Nunzio at March 19, 2005 1:33 PM

According to the news story I heard, Charles, the men who were arrested today were acting on their own. There is a group from the Christian Coalition who are ready to go in, but the family asked them to wait until Tuesday. (Perhaps they are waiting to see what happens in the US legislature over the weekend and on Monday, as they have committed to working through the weekend.) If you are interested in joining a group, I would contact the Christian Coalition. Their site is www.cc.org .

Posted by: Dory at March 19, 2005 1:42 PM

I wish I could be there, but it's unfortunately over 1000 miles from me. Just as long as SOMEBODY has a good plan, that's what needs to be done.

Posted by: Charles M. de Nunzio at March 19, 2005 1:46 PM

And once they start coming, they must not stop. Just like D-Day: the first units were mercilessly cut down, but they kept coming and coming AND COMING, wave after wave, until they established the beachhead and went on to defeat Hitler completely....

Keep them coming and never stop. Keep the cameras rolling, keep the action going....

Posted by: Charles M. de Nunzio at March 19, 2005 1:48 PM

I think they shouldn`t wait for Tuesday. As Charles said just keep coming. WE NEED TO GET HER FOOD AND WATER! Pray that Jesus will give her heavenly food and water till we can.

Posted by: Katie at March 19, 2005 3:25 PM

I can't believe the people in Florida let this happen - only three people are bold enough to show up to stop this non-sense? As a Christian I can't understand why people roll-over for stupid judges and "law", when this case clearly violates God's sixth law in the most cruel and inhumane way possible.

Shame on the pastors and good people of Florida for not getting organized to fight this.
If you were smart, you would have organized thousands to stand guard to not let the tube be removed. If police had tried to arrest the crowd, the crowd has every right to resist and do whatever necessary to stop civil “authorities” from the unjust murder of Terri. There is nothing wrong with civil disobedience for a just cause, and certainly this is a just cause.

Starving Terri to death is murder. Treating a dog this way would get you in a heap of trouble, but this is a human being with a soul, not a dog. We don't starve dogs to death, we "put them to sleep" as it is more “humane”. We don't even starve death-row inmates to death, not matter how horrible they have been. Starvation of water and food is NOT a peaceful way to die, it is murder. Those involved in seeing this though have Terri’s blood on their hands. And, those who could have done something to stop it but did not, are equally guilty.

Wake up America! We (us) the PEOPLE rule the country, not the courts. If the courts (who are NOT elected) won’t listen to our elected officials who represent US, it is time to take matters into our hands. That is why our wise forefathers added the right to bear arms – to stand up, when necessary, to an out-of-control government (or court system).

Remember the Gettysburg address (maybe the schools no longer teach it)? "That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth". Well from the looks of this case, I think we are on the verge of the perishing under the weight of law created (not interpreted) by the courts and the apathetic attitudes of fellow Americans.

Posted by: Bryan Hall at March 19, 2005 4:38 PM

I hope that, before it's too late, someone can just go in and get her out of there, take her to a safe house in another state and start to re-hydrage her. If a man can break into a house and steal a little girl and take her to killer her, then, somebody must break in and take Terri out to a safe house somehwere.

Posted by: Pat at March 19, 2005 5:12 PM

Bo Gritz was one of the men arrested. ANother was his friend. The third man was arrested later but was not with Bo.

Posted by: Bryan at March 19, 2005 6:20 PM

It is like there is a veil over the conscience of Americans. You talk with someone passionate about saving Terri and they say, Huh? What? Can you excuse me I have to go pick up my dry cleaning. What in the world is wrong with people.
I am ashamed that America has become so spoiled, so self-centered, so apathetic that even many, many christians haven't a clue. You want to say excuse me can you let me off at the next stop and take me back to the America of my youth. But we can't. This is real. This is happening. And I am coming to realize that I must get to the point that I am ready to risk it all. In the gospel Christ personally invited a man to come follow him and his money kept him from following Christ. What do I have that won't be gone in 30 or 40 years anyway. We must do all we can to help the suffering Body of Christ. When Terri suffers, we all suffer. I'm in for the long-haul.

Posted by: Lorraine Bennett at March 19, 2005 9:28 PM

Believe it, people: this is not "God's country" now - if it ever was. American religion is all about putting on a show: for ourselves, and for those around us. It looks good on TV, so long as it doesn't involve any REAL sacrifice.

While supposed "Christians" stand by and let this woman be murdered by starvation for fear of the authorities, the media, their employers, and the other dimensions of contemporary life, it will prove once and for all how much of an empty shell American religion really is.

And then Divine Justice will manifest itself upon us.

Posted by: Charles M. de Nunzio at March 20, 2005 8:37 AM

Wouldn't it be cool if "Pres Bartlett" aka Martin Sheen and the whole West Wing cast were to follow suit, but a person can dream couldn't they?

Posted by: "West Wing Nut" at March 20, 2005 6:49 PM

Well, it's official. A un-elected judge can now murder people because someone related to them wants them dead. America is now on the same slipperly slope as pre WWII Germany. So much for protecting those who can't protect themselves. It's a sad, sad day for this country.

Posted by: Bryan Hall at March 22, 2005 2:50 PM