« Peggy Noonan on Terri Schiavo: 'Don't Kick It' | Main | Medical Facts About Terri Schiavo »

March 18, 2005

Amber Dolle: Terri Schiavo sentenced to slow, painful death

- MichNews.com
All urged to pray for a miracle for Terri's survival.

Washington, D.C.- Judie Brown, president of American Life League, issued the following statement regarding the inhumane death sentence imposed upon Terri Schiavo today with the removal of her feeding tube:

"What is happening to Terri Schiavo right now is truly a tragedy. Despite what Judge George Greer, the lawyers and the news media want the public to think, Terri Schiavo is not a 'vegetable,' nor is she 'terminally ill.' Terri functions as a living, breathing, human person who is sustained by normal hydration and nutrition - the same as every other living human person. However, as a result of today's implementation of the order to have Terri's hydration and nutrition sources removed, she will die a slow and excruciatingly painful death.

"The suffering Terri will experience throughout the remainder of her days on earth is completely avoidable, as is the suffering that her parents and so many others who respect Terri as a human person will continue to undergo. The death sentence enacted on Terri today is truly a form of cruel and unusual punishment. Terri is among the most innocent and defenseless human persons on this earth and is certainly unworthy of the treatment she is receiving from her estranged husband and the state of Florida.

"While the situation looks bleak, we must not give up hope. Now more than ever, all people of faith - most notably Terri's own Catholic Church - must offer prayers for her survival. It is absolutely necessary that Bishop Robert Lynch of St. Petersburg, along with his brother bishops across Florida and the rest of the United States, lead the faithful in petitions on Terri's behalf. If we allow Terri to die in this manner, it will mark the beginning of the acceptance of euthanasia throughout the country. Every human person deserves respect, from fertilization until natural death. Terri Schiavo is no exception. We must pray for a miracle to save her life."

Posted by richard at March 18, 2005 6:00 PM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Amber Dolle: Terri Schiavo sentenced to slow, painful death:

» How To Have Fun And Root For Terri Schiavo from Vince Aut Morire
Why, mess with George Greer's picture, of course! Keep checking Blogsforterri for updates. [Read More]

Tracked on March 18, 2005 7:35 PM

» Tough Questions in the Terri Schiavo Case from knightopia.com | Journal
I've butted heads (a little bit) with Rick Bennett in the past, but I still like the guy — and he's asking some great questions of Christian conservatives about the Terri Schiavo case (which is happening right in his backyard... [Read More]

Tracked on July 4, 2005 2:08 PM

Comments

This could be a fast but not slow death. I am so afraid that they did "something" particular when they removed her feeding tube to make sure that she would definitely die and die fast this time so that we would not have time to save her as in 2003!

Or, they might have done "something" to damage her brain further so that, even when the feeding tube is re-inserted, her condition significantly deteriorates.

This is a coverup ... a coverup!

Posted by: Miranda at March 18, 2005 6:11 PM

Michael Schiavo, his attorney and Judge Greer are
violating Terri's rights. She did not have a living will so there for she must be given the right to live!!!

I heard michaels attorney talking about his wife on television. I wasn't sure at first if he was talking about his common law wife or Terri .

WITHOUT A LIVING WILL, YOU MUST NOT KILL!

Posted by: Linda at March 18, 2005 6:17 PM

Where are those journalists with their superzoom cameras that can spy on even a closed room like Terri's? Can't anyone sneak in a cellphone with a camera to take videos?

This can't be allowed to happen! This is murder!

Posted by: Jeff Tan at March 18, 2005 6:30 PM

I'm a former hospice worker and strong supporter of hospice, but this case has nothing to do with Terri's right to die a dignified death. The more I read, the more I realize that we are watching the slow, careful murder of a woman, with the help of our tax supported court system. I'll add blogsforterri to my blogroll and do what I can.

Whether you believe in God, Gods, or Karma, I hope our nation is shown mercy after this nightmare.

Posted by: noisy ghost at March 18, 2005 6:37 PM

How would you feel if this was your family member? Wouldnt you fight to save them too if there was a chance for anything at all?
All I know was that I was for them taking the feeding tube out-that was before I read the truth of her situation on terrisfight.org
The media and her estranged husband led the viewers/listeners to believe that Terri was in a vegetive state. Now that I know this is all false, I support anyone and anything that puts up a fight for her life. I only hope that if nothing changes and she stays without the tube that she dies a fast and painless dealth, and cursed eb the souls who supported this action. BUT I pray that it doesnt come to that adn that Terri will finally be allowed to get the love and care she deserves.

Posted by: Amie Gallo at March 18, 2005 6:38 PM

Posted by: Joe at March 18, 2005 6:52 PM

god bless!

Posted by: mandie jean at March 18, 2005 7:02 PM

What does the world gain from her death? Nothing.
What does the world gain from her life? Hope.

Posted by: Leah Klein at March 18, 2005 7:03 PM

"Can't we just let this woman die in peace, instead of letting her suffer through a daily living hell?"

So torture and execution (starving to death) is peace? Who says she's living in hell? You are clueless.

Posted by: Amy at March 18, 2005 7:38 PM

I honestly don't know what to say except it is amazing to me how this is acceptable in any manner. After hearing the true facts including that her husband has long ago left the marriage, and partnered with another, I think its appalling he has any say whatsoever. Her parents have said they would care for her on their own, without finances involved. I find him to be the biggest and most repulsive bully I have ever seen. He has no care for her at all, but is willfully and cruelly allowing those who do love her no access.

Like it or not and whether we believe it or not, one day we will all stand accountable before the Almighty. And at that time, I wouldn't want to be in this man's shoes.

Posted by: Feminine Warrior at March 18, 2005 7:39 PM

I would not want to be in this "man's" shoes at any time ... not for all the money in the Universe.

Please call Congress. I already called the "Majority Leader's" hotline at (202)225-4000 (also available at www.MajorityLeader.gov). They asked if I wanted to pass a message to Mr. DeLay. I said yes, "Please ask the U.S. Marshals to immediately enforce the Congressional subpoenas and allow Terri her right to appear."

Death by dehydration and starvation is cruel and unusual, and therefore unconstitutional and tantamount to murder by torture.

To the "just let her die crowd:" Let's face facts. Even those brutes excuted by lethal injection have only a few minutes to pass out - NOT ONE TO TWO WEEKS.

THIS IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL. THIS IS IMMORAL. THIS IS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THOSE WHOM ARE WEAKER.

Posted by: Rick Allen at March 18, 2005 7:48 PM

Thank You !!!!!!!!! I have been following this case and am glad they are removing the tube. In the constitution it says we the people, not we the government. Terri's spirit left the day her body went into a coma. I believe she started another life just like Michael has. She is probably looking down in horror at what this has becone. My question is who is going to fight after the parents are too old to take care of this themselves. Do we put them along side Terri in hospice ? Would you want to live like this ? What kind of life is this. You are missing a third of your brain and cannot even do personal hygene by yourself. Would you want to live out the rest of your life in diapers and being tube fed ? Think about it ????????

Posted by: Kimberly at March 18, 2005 7:55 PM

My husband and I think that removing pf Terry feeding tube is not the right decission. We think its cruel really I wish the court will consider also that Terry still got a loving Mom and Dad why cant they give it to them? We know the husband is the legal gardian but he wants to tube to be removed and its not right Do you think thats the right thing to help a person plus you are violating Gods law though shall not kill. I wish and pray that Terry situation will change.

Posted by: Jennefe Peake at March 18, 2005 8:02 PM

what is going on in America, is that the pinnacle of freedom or madness. Terri breaths, Terri blinks, Terri smiles and the damn husband has gotten him another woman, I wanna know why he is so interested in killing Terri. You can't kill my daughter, sister, mother, causin or otherwise. This madman should be stopped, and the Judge that made that decision, I don't know what to say. I'm speechless, no one has the right to take an innocent life period. thank you

Posted by: ishaya pierre doba at March 18, 2005 8:14 PM

He's just trying to finish the murder he started. Terri was beaten, that's why her brain was damaged.

This part of Florida is one of the weirdest places on the planet. This same judge also rides shotgun for the world's largest and most dangerous cult.

Posted by: Joe at March 18, 2005 8:23 PM

Some people, even professed Christians, seem obsessed with seeing Terri die.

I've been posting on the Rapture Ready Board and came across this thread, http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=192064&page=1&pp=25

One of the posters actually said this in her defense of Michael Schiavo...

**Did you know that she never had a bed sore in all the time Michael Schiavo cared or had someone care for her?

Doesn't sound like someone who is just out to off his wife. If that were the case, he could have divorced her, married his girlfriend and been done with her long ago.**

That comment can be found here, http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?p=2362371#post2362371

Posted by: Donna at March 18, 2005 8:26 PM

Not only Terri but her family needs prayers and through prayer all is possible. I do think this is one more example of how morally and ethically deprived a nation we have become. I pray God's mercy on us all.

Posted by: dragon fly at March 18, 2005 8:30 PM

yeah this sounds like another Lisa McPherson situation even the same judge

Posted by: Richard Dean at March 18, 2005 8:33 PM

Here is my hope:

One day, Michael Schiavo and his lawyer and Judge Greer are each struck with the most painful illness or injury possible. I further hope that, for most of the suffering, it is not life threatening enough that anyone can pull a plug. I hope they remain conscious and fully able to enjoy their suffering. As they near death, I hope they find out (1) that when they do die, their body will be taken to the sewage treatment plant to be processed with the rest of the sewage; and (2) they realize that the line to urinate on their grave, memory or photo will be miles long and (3) they realize that they will roast in hell for all eternity and a day.

Posted by: Ken Harlow at March 18, 2005 8:34 PM

judge George Greer facing contempt of Congress charges

Posted by: Ann Brown at March 18, 2005 8:50 PM

I think the courts need to let her body die. Terri died a long time ago. This is just sad all around.

Posted by: sinsulita at March 18, 2005 8:51 PM

Hi,

Catholic bloggers (and anyone) who want to Fast for Terri, or go on Hunger Strike, are invited sign up at the St. Blog's Parish Hall. It will be sent to the Schiavos as a spiritual bouquet.

God have mercy.

In Christ, Mary

Posted by: Mary at March 18, 2005 9:03 PM

Richard,
You state this will mark the beginning of euthanasia in this country. With that statement I believe you have hit the nail on the head.

We know that George Felos is the former chairman of the board of the hospice where Terri lies hungry at this very moment. We also know he is heavily involved in the euthanasia movement in this country.

It is my belief he was looking for a high-profile case so people would see how horrible a death by starvation and dehydration is, and Michael was only too happy to oblige. Perhaps Michael is turning down millions of dollars because the euthanasia movement has promised to match any offer to him.

At any rate, I feel they want to show how horrible this will be and hope it will encourage states other than Oregon to allow euthanasia. This is their ultimate goal.

We must pray for God's will to be done and be able to accept whatever happens, even though our will is for Terri to live and be put into the custody of her parents. To answer a question posed earlier in this thread, Terri has a sister who is a nurse and a brother. If her parents can no longer care for her her siblings will, and I am sure they will have an insurance policy that would provide for her needs.

None of us should ever forget what we are feeling right now, even if Terri passes on to heaven. We must make sure euthanasia is not the law of the land.

Posted by: Jeanette at March 18, 2005 9:06 PM

sinulita,
Go over to terrisfight.org, watch her videos, and then come back here and try to use that word "coma" with a straight face.

If you think she has died, don't you think you owe her that much consideration!

Posted by: Bostonian at March 18, 2005 9:09 PM

"In any event, any person from 2.0 down on the tone scale, disabled, should not have, in any thinking society, any civil rights of any kind."

(from Science of Survival by L. Ron Hubbard page# 131)

Posted by: Richard Dean at March 18, 2005 9:15 PM

Florida law has taken a backseat to the real power behind the rulings in this case! If Florida law were followed, Michael would not be a "guardian," we would not be here today. Perhaps Terri would be partially rehabilitated (look at the videos!).

The real power here is Judge Greer. When it was about Lisa's dehydration and starvation, the powAer was Judge Greer.

Posted by: Ann Brown at March 18, 2005 9:29 PM

I think to show solidarity everyone should agree on a symbolic guesture like green ribbons on car antennas or something simular to show everyone the support she really has.

I just pray that the evil that has begun in America can be undone.

Posted by: julie at March 18, 2005 9:51 PM

Republicans, especially Dubya, have no right to intervene considering that he is responsible for the death of more than 100000 living innocent iraqis!

Terry is already dying, everyday is torture and her parents are adding to her misery. I would never want my fate to be determined by religious fanatics! Let nature (god) take its course.

Posted by: vvg at March 18, 2005 9:58 PM

The real power is not just Judge Greer. It seems that there is a vast collusion among officials in all three branches in Florida. That is why they are so eager to kill Terri. Terri Schiavo is just the tip of that iceberg. As I mentioned in another comment before, on March 13, The Empire Journal published the details of the alleged collusion in an article titled "Schiavogate ... The Big Cover Up"; particularly pay attention to the last section "Clerk Required to Do Annual Review". After publishing that article, the website of that Journal (www.theempirejournal.com) was hacked. Several Schiavo articles were removed, including the Schiavogate article; so were a number of links to past articles in the Schiavo archive. The hacker(s) is still trying to shut down that web site. I am convinced that many articles on that web site must have hit a major nerve of a vast corruption.

Posted by: Miranda at March 18, 2005 10:05 PM

What is happening behind those hospice doors? With no one on Terri's side, not even her own legal counsel, who's to find out what her husband and his cohorts are subjecting her to right now? What if they're coercing her, physically abusing her, perhaps overdosing her with insulin again, perhaps inducing a stroke, or perhaps threatening the lives of her parents for her to keep quiet?

Is there any legal reason to send her parents out of the room? Can't any of the federal marshalls, police, doctors, nurses or anyone make a legal statement right now that Terri did in fact say that she wants to live?

Posted by: Jeff Tan at March 18, 2005 10:06 PM

What Jeff just said is exactly my concern too. This time they may do "something" to shut her up definitely!

Posted by: Miranda at March 18, 2005 10:13 PM

Miranda do you remember the Schiavogate story at all? Can you summarize it?

I am posting lots of things from here to a livejournal group:

Posted by: Ruth at March 18, 2005 10:48 PM

That's my concern, too, Jeff & Miranda. I was thinking about that tonight. What's to stop her "loving husband" from giving her a lethal injection of Morphine? He was there after the tube was removed.......and I bet he's GLAD she's suffering because then he can creamate her and cover up the evidence of the true nature of her collapse in 1990 (which a lot of people are coming to believe was caused by him strangling her!)

God Bless Terri.

I will be praying for a miracle tonight!

Posted by: ElizabethV at March 18, 2005 10:57 PM

Ruth,

The link to that article is http://www.theempirejournal.com/0313055_schiavogate_the_big_cove.htm

However, the publishers are still trying to restore the site from the hack attack. If the above link does not work, please go to its main page, www.theempiraljournal.com. Scroll down to March 13 and you will find the Schiavogate article.

Besides, on that main page, you will also find several more links to additional collusion articles.

Posted by: Miranda at March 18, 2005 11:31 PM

Ruth,

The main page of that web site shoud be www.theempirejournal.com. Sorry for the typo.

Posted by: Miranda at March 18, 2005 11:42 PM

Miranda, thank you. The link worked. It's a bit heady for me tonight though!

I am so upset about the issue and I was very zombified myself at work today.

In addition, I feel guilty for eating any food.

Posted by: Ruth at March 19, 2005 12:24 AM

Ruth,

An article titled "What's Really Driving The Death Train for Terri! Explosive Revelation About Judge Greer And Pinellas County 'Guardians'" was posted on the main page here earlier. That Guardianship chaos is exactly part of the collusion mentioned in the Schiavogate article.

I am also frustrated. Where is the U.S. Constitution? I just cannot imagine how a state district court judge can trump the Congress!

Posted by: Miranda at March 19, 2005 2:00 AM

Silly Christians. Talking about God one minute and hoping for eternal damnation for Michael and his lawyer the next. Didn't you learn anything from the Bible (or 'The Passion' for those who waited for it on video)? Jesus forgives all. You should forgive Micheal instantly or you too shall be doomed. :) Follow your faith and stop spinning your faith.

Posted by: Mikey at March 19, 2005 2:14 AM

Miranda-
Because Congress has no authority to supoena people, they legislate and have the executive branch carry it out. The judicial branch uses those laws to make decisions. If Congress made a law within the last 15 years, you wouldn't have this problem.

P.S. To whoever is saying to watch the videos, she doesn't respond to her mom at all. She blinks and grunts. What are you trying to prove? Those videos just prove that she's in a veg. The music one could be coincidental since they're just tiny clips while the parents probably have the whole video. One thing they do prove though is that the family sounds supportive and caring, but they're daughter did put her faith in her husband upon marrying and sometimes wives tell their husbands things that they don't tell their parents, ie. "I would hate to be a veg. Kill me if that ever happens to me."

Posted by: Preston at March 19, 2005 2:28 AM

Reston
The Terri you see in the videos is a Terri who has has a total of 13 months of therapy...13 years ago, Since then she has been systmeatically warehoused in Nursing Homes and Hospice. Michael has made direct orders to staff that here is to be NO THERAPY and NO MEDICAL TEATMENT. What you see is a human being who has had no help in reaching recovery. She actively responds to her mother and family...no she does not sit up and entertain but she does respond purposefully to her environment. Please read the Affidavits of Nursing Staff from various Nursing Homes who all sy Terri was eating thickned liquids and vocalizing regularly..laughing at jokes and communicating her needs. A prime candidaqte for Speech and Language therapy, an augmented communication system..until she could be taught to speak. Complicate this with an build up of spinal fluid inher brain from an electrode implanted in her brain in 1991 as apart of an experimental program. The fluid is compressing her cortex...further diminishing her capabilities. This was explained to Michael and he was told the electrode had to be medically monitored because it increased Terris risk for infection and fluid accumulation. A simple shunt COULD be inserted to remove the fluid, decompress the cortex and improve lost capabilities . It is Michael who has refused the treatment. So the Terri you see is the Terri that Michael has created. He has also refused any speech training or communication training or feeding therapy. So Michael is the direct reason that Terri is as incapable as she appears.
The only person in the whole world who wants Terri to live this way ; who has gone out of his way to make her live this way, who has defied rehab doctorss recommendations to have her live this way , is MICHAEL SCHIAVO.
Now on public TV he calls her a houseplant, a vegetable, a skull filled with fluid.....and why does he get away with this??? If Terri were "normal"...could he call her those names and not get a rush of hostile response from the public? No because the press would be ablaze with shouts of "verbal, mental abuse"...and Terri would probably be successful obtaining a restraining order. But she is disabled ,,,so it is ok.

Posted by: JoMarley at March 19, 2005 4:14 AM

To the folks who believe Terri is in a coma or in a permanent vegetative condition: congratulations, you're on the same side as the doctor who gave that diagnosis. Except for one crucial detail: that's based on a 10-15 minute diagnosis. There was no MRI nor PET done, which is the only acceptable and currently certain method of diagnosing PVS.

In case you're not aware either, there's a recent study that says 43% of PVS diagnoses were misdiagnosed. Why? Apparently due to quick, 10-minute checks without the use of imaging tests that checks brain activity.

How would you like to be stopped by a cop one night and find yourself in jail after a quick 10-minute investigation?

Posted by: Jeff Tan at March 19, 2005 8:15 AM

Hey Mikey---

Jesus may "forgive" all; but He is also the Just JUDGE of all and He does impose HELL as a sentence. So don't presume He forgives and forgets everything without just punishment. If there was no Hell, there would have been no need for Jesus to die for us.

Oh yeah; He only forgives those who are SORRY for their sins and ASK for forgiveness. He knows the heart and as judge greer has DEMONstrated--he has no heart; george feel-less has no heart; and good ol' poor little michael shiavo has no anything. Oops, my bad--he has a million dollars and a mistress and a court sanctioned murder.

Since this country is full of depraved court leaders, I pray that Jesus takes Terri quickly and then I envy her--for she has spent so many years in hell on earth, she will truly join in Heaven's glory. The rest of us are still stuck here.

Posted by: Tress at March 19, 2005 9:42 AM

Hey Preston---

Congress has authority to supoena people; they sent the supoena via a Federal Judge. It's going to be difficult, however, for Terri to testify; I'm sure michael will ensure she isn't alive to witness against him.

Posted by: Tress at March 19, 2005 9:45 AM

We have heard nothing from the Carter Center or Libary re: President Jimmy Carter's position on this matter. He was president prior to the popularity of the culture of death in America.

He works for international human rights. Why the silence? He has not been silent on the death penalty.

The only contact information I have:
mailto:carterweb@emory.edu
for the Carter Center and
mailto:carter.library@nara.gov
for the Carter Library

Does anyone else have any other contact information?

Robert W. Smith MD