« Fla. Supreme Court Dismisses Appeal For Terri To Have Last Rites | Main | Comments are Back »

March 27, 2005

ACTION ITEM - Stay With Terri, and with Us

Topics: General

Earlier this evening a misspoken statement told supporters to go home and be with their families.

Terri Schiavo's father, Bob Schindler, would like to correct this with following statement:

"What I meant to have announced was that people should go home and go to church with their families on Easter Sunday. But not to stay home. We want people to continue to be here [at the hospice] with Terri, and with us." -- Bob Schindler, Sr.

The 24-hour vigil will continue in front of the Woodside Hospice, where Terri lives, located at 6774 102nd Avenue N. (near 66th Street N and 102nd Avenue N) in Pinellas Park, Florida.

Posted by tim at March 27, 2005 12:23 AM

Articles Related to General:

Comments

Terri will always be with us in our hearts. The media never realized that with all of the photographs and videos they've been broadcasting, Terri's truly sweet smile and gaze as her mother kisses her, that all of America has now fallen in love with Terri Schindler-Schiavo. Whether she stays with us or goes to be with loving Jesus, the unintended effect is now complete. The aftermath and outcry from this is going to be big, and all of the United States (to say nothing of the state of Florida), is going to demand justice.

Posted by: Suzanne. at March 27, 2005 1:20 AM

This is terrible! Cant something be done even now.

How about an appeal to feed Terri orally?

How about a police complaint of torture, something.

What happened to all those people Ralph Nader, etc. Cant someone help?

Posted by: sujata at March 27, 2005 1:52 AM

Gotta love how media such as Fox News are slanting this as everyone giving up..."Legal Battle at End... Terri Schiavo's family tells protesters to go home" is the headline on the main page.

Posted by: Foug at March 27, 2005 8:17 AM

Yeah, whatever happened to Sheriff Richard Mack??? He would have told those police where their duty lie. Can't figure out why he's not in on this.

And what happened to Bo Gritz after he was arrested. Is he still in jail? Did anyone follow up the citizen's arrest?

Posted by: mary et. al. at March 27, 2005 11:38 AM

I have decided to get together a joint prayer effort. Today at noon PST, 3pm EST everyone stop what ever they are doing and say a prayer for Terri. Pray for a miracle, pray for the disabled who are protesting that they not be arrested, pray that Michael Schiavo's heart will soften and he will have the feeding tube reinserted. Pray for God's will to be done. I am not good at wording prayer, just pray whats in your hearts.

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am in the midst of them.
Matthew 18:20

The power of prayer is awesome and with so many praying at once the power will be immense.

SoCalAngel (Debbie)

Posted by: SoCalAngel at March 27, 2005 12:47 PM

Suzanne, I agree. I certainly fell in love with her. Ever since I first saw her, I could not get that hauntingly beautiful smile out of my mind.

But, she's still alive. Let's keep working on keeping her that way. I hope that perhaps some angels in the form of cops or nurses inside the hospice may be helping her out. I lighted a candle for Terry after Mass. When I looked up to the Blessed Mother, I felt that she was telling me something------that she knew, and was taking of it. I felt that the Blessed Mother was Terry's nurse. (Yes, I know, it doesn't make a lot of sense.)

After all, the organized Resistance Movement did a lot of damage to the Third Reich, right under its very nose.

I know these people will be brought to justice for doing this to her. I just hope Terry is healthy and happy by that time.

yes the MSM is making me sick. They're part of the problem. If they'd give an accurate portrayal of what has really happened, the poll results would be very different.

I also would like to know if Bo Gritz or Sheriff Mack are available to help. I hope so.

I hope that the one of the Bush brothers will just organize a STEALTH operation, to take over. Don't even let the locals know anything. Just take them by surprise, restrain them and go in and get her out.

Okay, almost time for the prayer for Terry. Three o'clock, the hour of great mercy. Only two minutes. Great idea for the prayer, SoCalAngel. Thanks, and God bless.

Diana

Posted by: Huntgoddess at March 27, 2005 2:57 PM

There's a Novena to the Infant of Prague, that takes nine hours, instead of nine days. You say a prayer every hour on the hour. Does anybody know about that? I'll go look on the Internet for it, and post a link.

Posted by: Huntgoddess at March 27, 2005 4:01 PM

What about writing to the governor of whatever state you are in, and ask for help for Terry. I think I'll try that. I'll try to write to Governor Doyle.

Perhaps a bunch of governors could get together, to help Jeb out with this. Although, I guess, they could just advise him not to do anything.

Doyle is Catholic, too, but it doesn't seem to mean much to him. He's been promoting the university's stem cell research, and I think it's mostly embryonic stem cells.

Posted by: Huntgoddess at March 27, 2005 4:06 PM

Thank you so much for the heads up, Diana. Lost track of time and almost missed chaplet.

SoCalAngel,

Will drop everything at five central time and pray for Terri. If I've miscalculated the proper time, let me know.

A Franciscan tertiery (sister at large) friend of mine in FL gave me that site yesterday. Her mission is soley prayer. And she is praying hard about this one.

Posted by: mary et. al. at March 27, 2005 4:23 PM

mary, I'm in Central time, too. Three o'clock Eastern is two o'clock for us here in the central zone-------I think. I get a little confused, myself.

I'm so grateful to your Franciscan friend, mary. Thank God she is doing this. Did you say she had a Website? Maybe I missed it before or something. Could you post it again, if you get a chance.

God bless,
Diana

Posted by: Huntgoddess at March 27, 2005 5:09 PM

Diana,
No, Sr. Rebecca doesn't have a computer. She is a poverty and prayer servant. Somehow she stays on top of things, though.

Don't have Huntgoddess on my list of "By george we're going to do something about this if it kills us." Come join. Comments under the top article, Blogs for Terri.

Nuts, I misread SoCalAngel's message and missed the prayer time. Maybe I can blame it on getting up too early for Mass this morning. No, I'm just a dipstick.

Posted by: mary et. al. at March 27, 2005 5:57 PM