« Alan Keyes on the grassroots to save Terri | Main | I was in a Persistent Vegetative State »

February 24, 2005

Don't Forget To Call President Bush: Please intervene to save Terri Schiavo

Topics: Action Items

She need not ask twice. The White House asks, now let's see to it that they receive - lots of calls!

Call President Bush and ask him to personally intervene:

President George W. Bush
(202) 456-1111
president@whitehouse.gov

Posted by richard at February 24, 2005 9:15 AM

Articles Related to Action Items:

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Don't Forget To Call President Bush: Please intervene to save Terri Schiavo:

» CALL PRESIDENT BUSH from MY Vast Right Wing Conspiracy
From BlogsForTerri: I just called the White House comment line listed below. You actually get to speak to someone, it's not just a recording. I was told that the calls do help and to get more people to call. She need not ask twice. The White House... [Read More]

Tracked on February 24, 2005 9:42 AM

» Schiavo Case Makes the Big Time from Blogotional
The Blog Swarm seems to be working. Articles appeared today in the BIG TIME press. There is this from Newsday. The New York Times, biggest of the big, also chimes in. Both pieces are more neutral than I would like, but at least the whole populations ... [Read More]

Tracked on February 24, 2005 11:46 AM

» Calling the President from LifeSteward
I just read about this over at Blogs For Terri: Don't Forget To Call President Bush: Please intervene to save Terri Schiavo I just called the White House comment line listed below. You actually get to speak to someone, it's not just a recording... [Read More]

Tracked on February 24, 2005 1:41 PM

» Terri Schiavo Updates from Sierra Faith
Here is a Plea to call President Bush. [Read More]

Tracked on February 25, 2005 5:17 PM

» Call President Bush For Terri Schiavo from Common Sense Runs Wild
Beth at MY Vast Right Wing Conspiracy posts on an e-mail to BlogsForTerri:I just called the White House comment line listed below. You actually get to speak to someone, it’s not just a recording. I was told that the calls [Read More]

Tracked on February 25, 2005 5:27 PM

Comments

w00t! Just called and also spoke to a human being! Thanks for the reminder!

Posted by: Beth at February 24, 2005 9:38 AM

I called and after the initial voice mail, pressed 1 and immediately got a real person. Very nice.

Posted by: Pat'sRick© at February 24, 2005 9:45 AM

OT: A local doctor was on the radio this morning and she made the claim that a university in Miami has an extensive timeline (almost day by day) of what's happened to Terri Schiavo. This doctor says that extensive therapy has already been done for Terri Schiavo. Now granted I'm skeptical. This doctor also basically implied death by starving is painless, and of course, maintains that Terri is pvs. Still, I was wondering if anyone knows about this timeline she's referring to and the extensive therapy it alledgedly shows. Has anyone addressed this specific issue? I'm sure my local radio station isn't the only place where this is being discussed. This doctor also said Terri's brain scans are available on the internet and anyone would be able to tell the difference between her brain and a healthy brain--that she has lost so much brain matter there isn't much there.

I'm not trying to play devil's advocate. I just don't have specific information about these claims and was wondering if anyone could address them for me?

Thanks everyone and keep up the fight.

Posted by: Beautiful Belgian Babe at February 24, 2005 10:26 AM

Do you mean this?

Posted by: Donnah at February 24, 2005 10:39 AM

Paypal ?????????? Update please.

Posted by: anselm at February 24, 2005 11:03 AM

Donnah,
That's possibly the page they were talking about. I took a look. It does seem to indicate that there was a fair amount of medical care and therapy treatment done at the beginning, but there aren't any details. One could define "extensive" therapy and medical care to mean any number of things. I wish there had been more details. The rest of it seems to be court stuff.

What is notably lacking in this document (although I did skim thru it fairly quickly) is any mention of where Terri was staying after the mid 90s, what medical and therapy treatment she has been receiving since then, or the fact that she's been living in a hospice institution for the past 5 years.

Although it's long, it's definitely not complete. Thanks for sending me the link.

Posted by: Beautiful Belgian Babe at February 24, 2005 11:51 AM

Oh, forgot to mention. In yesterday's news story that you linked to, Felos was quoted as saying the DCF has already investigated allegations of abuse. Didn't see anything to that effect in above mentioned time line. Anyone know what he was talking about there? Of course, the miami website didn't mention the fact that DCF is going to investigate NOW either. Like I said, not complete.

Posted by: Beautiful Belgian Babe at February 24, 2005 11:53 AM

I just called and put a post on my Blog here. If you have a blog, call the president and write a post about it. If you send me the permalink and Trackback, I'll add you to the list of bloggers on that post!

Posted by: LifeSteward at February 24, 2005 1:43 PM

Arrggg... the link didn't go through:

Posted by: LifeSteward at February 24, 2005 1:45 PM

I called and I'm going to start fasting, which is something I've never done before.

Posted by: Donna at February 24, 2005 2:05 PM

You can call? And get a live person? I wonder if this is just a recent change or if Clinton had this as well? (my guess is the former is true)

As far as fasting goes...I've done it for several days...but I HAD water!. I've done 24 hours without either before and it is not a pleasant thing may I tell you! It takes probably 3 days before you go crazy and a week before you die...which is one reason why this case makes me so angry! More and more people are talking about this (even the bigger bloggers are mentioning it now--see http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/003913.php for details). I am excited though about this case...I feel as if the clouds are now breaking through the sky. Selah!

Posted by: Hidden Nook at February 24, 2005 2:29 PM

I just called and got a live person. (My first time calling the White House!) You have to push 1 twice, then a live operator comes on. The woman I spoke to was very courteous and had a kind voice.
I'll be praying for Terri at 11:00 AM Pacific time today.

Posted by: Mary in LA at February 25, 2005 10:09 AM

Terri has an accumulation of spinal fluid in her brain which is compressing the brain. It serves to further incapacitate Terri and fits right in with Micheals agenda. When electrodes were implanted in Terri's brain in 1991 as part of an
experimental treatment program, Michael was informed that the electrodes put Terri at greater risk for encephalitis, infections and a build up of spinal fluid. He was told that the electrodes required follow up monitoring. The fluid could be removed with a shunt, but Michael has forbidden any medical treatment. Once the fluid is drained from the cerebral cavity, the brain can decompress and there ecovery can occur. Mr Felos says," Terri has no brain lef and her skull is filled with fluid.' Again, Michael's neglect serves their agenda well.
Also from a recent blog I learned that current practice in neurology mandates MRI and CAT scans as manditory measures in order to accurately assess a brain injury and make a diagnosis. Terri has had neither ;again yada yada yada....One wonders that if Michael is so truly concerned about doing what is best for Terri, how the h*** could his track record be so freakin' high for doing the wrong thing ??? Hmmm?

Posted by: Jo Marley at February 28, 2005 1:54 AM

There is a detailed Timeline at TerrisFight.org.
I noted the following:
5/90 discharged from Humana Hospital,St Petersburg Fla
12/90 taken to Cali for experimental treatment
2/91 moved to Brandenton Mediplex Rehab Center
4/91 improvement is noted ; advised to move Terri to Gainesville Rehab Center for advanced therapy
7/91 Terri moved to Sable Palms Nursing Home
1992- Malpractice awards occur
2/93 Husband issues Do Not Medically treat orders
2/93 Husband denies continuing rehab against doctor rec'
4/94 moved to Palm Gardens Nursing Home
5/97 first court orders to remove feeding tube is issued
8/97 engagement to Jodi announced
4/00 Terri moved to Hospice

Since the 2/93 Malpractice awards Michael Schiavo forbid any medical treatment for Terri. She stopped receiving therapies in 7/91. She received therapy from 12/90 (Cali experimental program) until 4/91 when Michael ignored medical recommendations and put Terri in a Nursing Home , not Gainesville Rehab Center as recommended. Terri had about 1 year of consistent rehab. She was making progress when he ended her participation it rehab.

Posted by: Jo Marley at February 28, 2005 2:46 AM

Belgian Babe

If you are interested in following Terri's arduous court history The Empire Journal has some excellent articles that document the corruption, mysterious lack of action by agencies, etc..It was mentiond that DCF had been contacted previously (2002-when the Schindler's first saw the Bone Scan Report -13 fractures) but they claimed that the incedent exceeded the statute of limitations and it was dismissed. Since then there have been allegations of corruption by the fed's and with all the publicity its areal hot potato. I bet Michael Schiavo never dreamed that his cesspool of spousal abuse was going to get national review....i wonder at what point he decides to drop out of the conflict...I bet when her original injuries receive scrutiny !

Posted by: Jo Marley at February 28, 2005 2:57 AM