« Judge Greer Issues Stay Until Tomorrow - Updated | Main | Schindlers Hopeful Michael Will Welcome Resolution »

February 22, 2005

Bobby Shindler To Governor Bush: Please Save My Sister

In a fast phone call on an extremely frustrating and gut-wrenching afternoon, knowing that his precious innocent sister that has never done anything to deserve the terrible fate of death by starvation and dehydration is facing such an execution at the hands of a ruthless husband, Bobby Schindler said that he and his family can only hope and pray that Governor Bush and the Florida Legislature will save his sister.

As she lies there in her small room with nothing to stimulate her by orders of her husband, smiling, loving, interacting with her family in the only ways that she can, she has no way of knowing that her tomorows could be so few. She is vulnerable, she depends on others to care for her, but instead, her husband(?) wants to kill her by order of the court, not even allowing her the opportunity to be given food and water by normal means. Just simply starved and dehydrated to death. If she were a dog, it would be illegal in Florida.

Its now up to public opinion.

Please get involved! Call and email your newspapers, Governor Bush, and the Florida Legislature , and plead with them to save Terri and give her the opportunity to be evaluated and rehabilitated in the custody of her parents.

Posted by richard at February 22, 2005 2:11 PM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Bobby Shindler To Governor Bush: Please Save My Sister:

» Temporary Stay for Terri from LilacRose
Terri Schiavo's starvation did not begin today. Judge Greer issued a stay until 5:00pm today. Terri's family is hopeful. Sadly,... [Read More]

Tracked on February 23, 2005 12:26 AM

Comments

I want to write Jeb Bush again. What does your legal team say are Bush's powers? Does he have the power to issue an Executive Order? Does he have the power to take her into protective custody pending investigation of potential criminal assault?

I'd like to make specific suggestions. I think that it is important that the Governor knows that the public knows that he has specific legal recourse to do something. Everything I have seen in the blogs for Terry appears vague on this issue.

What specific logistical motion, order, legal vehicle, etc. can Bush avail himself to get around the Courts in Florida?

Posted by: Jerri Lynn Ward at February 22, 2005 4:58 PM

I am a kidney transplant patient and I so grateful to God that he gave me another chance at a full and abundant life as the Bible says. But with all the trials and tribulations that I and my family went through it wasn't easy.We had to pray God's word back to him and claim over our lives even when things looked bleak.God came through and our prayers were answered! My issue with this is why is the church looking to government to protect this woman's life?!An even more puzzling is I thought Conservatives don't like government intrusion! Either the body of Christ believes Isaiah 53:3-5,Psalms 103:3,Exodus 15;26Psalm 118:17,Matthew 9:20-29 and other vrses too numerous to mention or you don't!our job is not only to pray but do these greater works that he said were supposed to do. Why is nobody praying God's word over this women so she can be delivered from that prison she' in?I think the church would be more effective doing what the Bible says we should be doing which healing the sick,raising the dead;everything that the Gospels preach instead of protesting about saving her life pray and speak on her behalf to the lifegiver! It seems the modern church has either ignored this or they don't believe it anymore :no wonder we don't walk in power as the early church did! Frankly I like most want Ms.Schiavo to live and not die and declare the works of the Lord!But I believe she isn't because nobody's doing this ;only protesting!It is time for Christians to not only walk the walk but talk the talk!

Posted by: Lisa Gilliam at February 22, 2005 9:33 PM

Sometimes God has a purpose in allowing suffering. This is not to say that the Church should not pray for her recovery--we indeed should. But what if a greater good could be brought about through her suffering? The Father brought about our salvation through the suffering of His Son. We must indeed pray for her recovery, but also remember that if it does not come about, God has a greater good in mind.

Posted by: Mike Gross at February 24, 2005 5:02 AM