« Will They Starve a Woman Who May Be Able to Eat? | Main | Why does the MSM keep lying about Terri Schiavo? »

February 25, 2005

BlogsforTerri Ad Campaign For Terri Begins Sunday

Subsequent to the events described in our previous post, the BlogsforTerri advertisement to address and dispel misconceptions about Terri in the media, advise the public of where they could go on the Internet to find a plethora of information on the truth about Terri, and what action that they should take to save her, was placed in the Tampa Tribune to run this Sunday in the Metro section - believed to be one of the most read sections of the Sunday edition of the Tribune.

We are grateful to the Tampa Tribune for immediately accepting the ad as was presented to them, and also their special efforts to get it placed in this Sunday's edition with only one hour notice.

Further, the Tampa Tribune charged BlogsforTerri approximately $7,500 which means that there could be enough funds left over to run the ad in the St. Petersburg Times, as they have now agreed to do, sometime during the next couple of weeks, particularly if BlogsforTerri partners with another "save Terri" group that would be willing to match us.

Posted by richard at February 25, 2005 6:56 PM

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference BlogsforTerri Ad Campaign For Terri Begins Sunday:

» Today's Schiavo News from LilacRose
Well, it's been a trying day for those of us following the Schiavo case. Judge Greer has ruled that Terri... [Read More]

Tracked on February 25, 2005 9:01 PM

» No Wonder They Wanted The Edits from Heart of Canada
Yesterday, I wrote about the controversy surrounding placing an ad in the St. Petersburg Times about specifics in the matter of Terri Schindler-Schiavo's health, treatment, and prognosis. The St. Petersburg Times asked BlogsforTerri to edit the ad befo... [Read More]

Tracked on February 26, 2005 11:51 AM

» Blogging for Terri: Ad Accepted from ChristWeb
From BlogsforTerri: BlogsforTerri Ad Campaign For Terri Begins Sunday Subsequent to the events described in our previous post, the BlogsforTerri advertisement to address and dispel misconceptions about Terri in the media, advise the public of where the... [Read More]

Tracked on February 27, 2005 12:04 AM

» BlogsForTerri Prepares For USA Today Ad from ChristWeb
The BlogsForTerri ad compaign continues.... Having just completed our first fire across the bow of the mainstream media via our BlogsforTerri ad in the Tampa Tribune, we are now preparing to place an ad in the "USA Today" on Friday... [Read More]

Tracked on February 28, 2005 9:02 AM

» Getting Terri's message out: Making the most of the opportunity from BatesLine
As one of over 200 bloggers writing to support Terri Schiavo's right to receive food and water, despite her physical handicaps, I appreciate the hard work of the organizers of Blogs for Terri. I admire their efforts to think outside the box -- to find ... [Read More]

Tracked on March 2, 2005 12:51 AM

Comments

Will further donations still be accepted for this by the Franciscan Brothers of Peace (through mail or PayPal)?

Posted by: WriteWingNut at February 25, 2005 7:49 PM

Judge Greer's ruling is to remove nourishment from Terri...by removing the tube and by ordering "I don't want anyone feeding that girl!" this means she will not be fed by spoon either, even if she asks for food. The image of a battered severely impaired woman begging to be fed and being denied is a bit more than my sensibilities can bear. The barbaric cruelty is overwhelming. Terri has been condemned to a viciously cruel death by a court room she was never in and a judge who never met her....all because she can not lift her own spoon...Does this sound like America or Nazi Germany ?

Posted by: Jo Marley at February 25, 2005 8:40 PM

Many people adjust to their disability and dependency and find meaning and value in new activities and ways.

Posted by: Territoo at February 25, 2005 9:32 PM

The rumor was true; the St. Petersburg Times today published a biased editorial in which the courts were extolled as the proper venue for the Schindlers and Schiavo to hash it out. Governor Bush, DCF, Randall Terry, and all of us who lobby in favor of Terri only turn this into "an unseemly public circus".

How nice that the Times rescinded their demands to censor the advert BlogsforTerri was to publish. But is it wise to support in any way a newspaper and their editors with such an obvious bias?

Originally posted in chastity reVisited

Posted by: Linda at February 25, 2005 10:35 PM

Boycott Florida - Don't buy their products, don't vacation there, discontinue getting publications from there unless they are pro-Terri.

I just can't believe that our country is allowing such an atrocity to go on. I am handicapped and last year had 3 respiratory arrests and just missed needing a g-tube. I was unable to talk and barely able to move myself, but my family was there for me, despite my husband. AFTER my crisis, I made sure I had a medical directive giving my family the right to do what they felt was necessary above my husband's wishes just in case another crisis happened and my husband wasn't so willing to allow my family to help. I had to fill out a form and have it notorized. There IS NO SUCH FORM for Terri. It is all hearsay by witnesses who obviously have an interest in seeing Terri die. I can't believe that the press, the Florida judicial system, and a number of democrats are so anxious to see Terri die that they will ignore these facts. On two separate occasions Michael Schiavo was heard to say that he didn't know what Terri wanted but this is what he wanted. No duh, he wants the money AND his mistress, and he doesn't want Terri to recover to contradict what he has done.

If they succeed in killing Terri, let's not allow her death be a waste. How can a man who is so obviously breaking his marriage vows, claim to have the right to make decisions based on the very marriage contract he is breaking? Let's make sure this can never happen to anyone again.

- Jean O.
A handicapped Mother
Redding, Calif

Posted by: Jean Oakes at March 23, 2005 1:08 PM

How ironic that michael schiavo is willing to let the president and his brother visit terri now that she is off nourishment and probably less responsive. We DID NOT see him inviting people in to see her interacting with her parents or others who have said that she can communicate however little with people.
I hope that everytime Michael drinks or puts food into his mouth he is haunted by the treatment he is allowing his wife to go through. MICHAEL YOU ARE A MURDERER

Posted by: nicole at March 23, 2005 2:49 PM