« What If This Was Our Daughter or Sister or Wife? What If It Was "Only" A Stranger's Life? Part II | Main | Should Michael Schiavo be Terri's Guardian? »

February 26, 2005

Bloggers Best for Terri #2

Topics: Action Items

On Friday Judge Greer put us on notice that he has ordered Michael Schiavo to remove the feeding tube in three weeks (as opposed to allowing him to do it, now he is ordering him to do it). From now til then we need to redouble our efforts to save terri. As such, keep blogging on Terri and get the word out. Keep the pressure on the Florida Legislature about HB 701.

Further, I'll be running another blogger carnival of posts on Terri Schiavo. Please send your best post about the situation to jcb.blog (at) gmail.com by Sunday at 6pm. Some time thereafter I will post the carnival. Keep up the effort, we ARE making a difference.

Posted by john at February 26, 2005 3:15 PM

Articles Related to Action Items:

Comments

I completely agree we are making a difference. Not a doubt at all ...

Posted by: Crystal Clear at February 26, 2005 9:09 PM

I am appalled that this judge has ordered this and even more that this moron is pressing so hard to remove the feeding tube of a women he is no longer married to. If they remove her tube and it is not at the request of her parents I pray that everyone involved is met at the Pearly Gates and turned back.

Posted by: opforsoldier at February 26, 2005 9:12 PM

OMG. I am completely ill over this issue. COMPLETELY.

Some people can't walk. Some people can't see. Some people can't HEAR. All are alive. Terri's dysfunction is she cannot feed herself. Someone or something has to do it for her. Is that wrong?

I guess I can see if she WERE on a respirator...something that was keeping her alive solely..but she isn't. She just isn't.

This is cruel. Just plain CRUEL. And....is it murder? OMG...I am sick. Having recently given birth to my own daughter, I try to put myself in this situation and I could literally cry my eyes out.

If a judge ORDERS this, I will lose faith in this system COMPLETELY.

Do they do this to mentally ill patients??

She can eat. SHE CAN. She just doesn't do it like most people do. She does it through a TUBE and she gets the nourishment. She is breathing. SHE IS.

I can't talk about this anymore....I am going to get revoltingly ill.

Posted by: Carrie at February 27, 2005 1:20 AM

I added a post on International Weblogger's Day (http://www.chronicled.org), where I put entries of blog news. I am appalled at the present state of situation and I pray that this turmoil will be resolved for the best.

Together we can make a difference.

Posted by: Rio at February 27, 2005 8:06 AM

Let Terri Live

The Truth will set you free

Perfect Love Casts Out Fear